• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

U23s, Academy and Loanees

Sounds like we might have a loan club sorted ?

England Morocco, 10PM kick off
Dorrington Hall Donley Lankshear playing

Castledine of Chelsea looks awful at right back, messing things up, then ran straight into Dorrington, injuring both of them and allowing the Maroc player clean through.
Hall looks small, I thought he was a decent size but he looks small in this U20 match

Last edited:
First half over. Not much joy for Donley and Lankshear. Nor Hall, but he is playing deep midfield, so barely involved. Strange because his special skill is drifting past 2 players and scoring.

MoM so far is Dorrington, commanding at the back, suddenly bursting forwards at speed. The players either side of him are not doing well, but he is. He is playing RCB in a 3.
Maroc scored a cheap goal from a corner, but England are the more attacking team.
A bit scrappy. Would like to see more belief from Hall so he can go forwards and show his skill, so far he is just laying it off to others and sitting deep.

England Morocco, 10PM kick off
Dorrington Hall Donley Lankshear playing

Castledine of Chelsea looks awful at right back, messing things up, then ran straight into Dorrington, injuring both of them and allowing the Maroc player clean through.
Hall looks small, I thought he was a decent size but he looks small in this U20 match

George Abbot on the subs bench as well.

Even if they don't make it, if we get them some good loans at least we will get money for them.

Donley is Micky Hazard; not physically blessed with height, speed, range, but has good skill, awareness and fight.
Hall is Bissouma; 95% of his passes were square or back to the player who rolled it to him. We know he has a great burst of pace and swerve to glide past players, but he only did it twice before being subbed.
Dorrington is Foyth; gangly, good defender, skilled, loves to sprint forwards and show them how it is done.
Lankshear is the Kane that went to Leicester. Big, power, pushing defenders around.

Donley is Micky Hazard; not physically blessed with height, speed, range, but has good skill, awareness and fight.
Hall is Bissouma; 95% of his passes were square or back to the player who rolled it to him. We know he has a great burst of pace and swerve to glide past players, but he only did it twice before being subbed.
Dorrington is Foyth; gangly, good defender, skilled, loves to sprint forwards and show them how it is done.
Lankshear is the Kane that went to Leicester. Big, power, pushing defenders around.
Who scored for England?

Who scored for England?
It looked like a lucky deflection to me; the ball was crossed and Gee ran in with a defender and the ball span into the net, but could have come off either. I thought Gee was really poor in the game.

I'm watching the U21s right now on the FA youtube channel.
I thought Doyle looked decent at centre back; I see he is on City's books but has had some outstanding loans, which our players can dream of:

2021– Emirates Marketing Project 0 (0)
2021–2022 → Sunderland (loan) 36 (1)
2022–2023 → Coventry City (loan) 41 (0)
2023– → Leicester City (loan) 13 (0)

He won the play-offs with Sunderland in League One in 2022, and reached the play-off final with Coventry City in 2023. He joined Leicester City on loan for 2023–24 season

It looked like a lucky deflection to me; the ball was crossed and Gee ran in with a defender and the ball span into the net, but could have come off either. I thought Gee was really poor in the game.

I thought Doyle looked decent at centre back; I see he is on City's books but has had some outstanding loans, which our players can dream of:

He won the play-offs with Sunderland in League One in 2022, and reached the play-off final with Coventry City in 2023. He joined Leicester City on loan for 2023–24 season
He got sent off in the cup last week but was playing well before that

City’s Oli Skipp?

No Spuds ((Madueke))

Goalkeepers: Matthew Cox (Bristol Rovers, loan from Brentford), Sam Tickle (Wigan Athletic), James Trafford (Burnley)

Defenders: Charlie Cresswell (Leeds United), Callum Doyle (Leicester City, loan from Emirates Marketing Project), Taylor Harwood-Bellis (Southampton, loan from Emirates Marketing Project), Rico Lewis (Emirates Marketing Project), Teden Mengi (Luton Town), Jarell Quansah (Liverpool), Brooke Norton-Cuffy (Millwall, loan from Arsenal), Nathan Wood (Swansea City)

Midfielders: Carney Chukwuemeka (Chelsea), Harvey Elliott (Liverpool), Kobbie Mainoo (Manchester United), James McAtee (Sheffield United, loan from Emirates Marketing Project), Tyler Morton (Hull City, loan from Liverpool), Archie Gray (Leeds United), Alex Scott (AFC Bournemouth)

Forwards: Jamie Bynoe-Gittens (Borussia Dortmund), Jay Stansfield (Birmingham City, loan from Fulham), Sam Iling-Junior (Juventus), Noni Madueke (Chelsea), Jaden Philogene (Hull City), Morgan Rogers (Aston Villa)

His record at youth level seems to be really good. I’m definitely not writing him off yet, people saying Lankshear should be ahead of him is well premature imo, had Scarlett been playing in the Spurs youth team there’s nothing to suggest he wouldn’t be scoring even more.
He would be smashing them in
But the step up to men’s football means he needs games
He didn’t get them at Ipswich and at Portsmouth they changed managers

Back