• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

Agent stirring things to move the China deal along?
Even if the dildo bros would sell him to us (and they do need to offload him now) a player agitating for a move mid-season like this does not exactly fit the Poch mould.

Definitely can't see him fitting the Poch mould, at all. He's a major clam, plus he's hugely overrated. Believes his own hype and has shocking hair.

Talent wise he would thrive with us.

Positionally Im a little unsure. In the short term he can deputise Kane, in the longer term he'd really be stepping on Alli and Eriksens toes IMO.

Financially - IF (big, capital IF) West Ham did a deal (they wont), it wont come cheap. And his wage demands will almost certainly be top earner levels for us. Doesnt really work for me.

Personally - hes a diva, an ego, and I just dont see that fitting in with the club. I think its trouble waiting to happen.

On balance, while its obvious to see he has real talent, I just dont think its a deal that works for us at all.

Talent wise he would thrive with us.

Positionally Im a little unsure. In the short term he can deputise Kane, in the longer term he'd really be stepping on Alli and Eriksens toes IMO.

Financially - IF (big, capital IF) West Ham did a deal (they wont), it wont come cheap. And his wage demands will almost certainly be top earner levels for us. Doesnt really work for me.

Personally - hes a diva, an ego, and I just dont see that fitting in with the club. I think its trouble waiting to happen.

On balance, while its obvious to see he has real talent, I just dont think its a deal that works for us at all.

Huh? He's an out-an-out front man. Nothing more than an inconsistent, occasional flash of brilliance, bullish forward. Runs in behind, doesn't offer much to all-round play. Certainly nowhere near as rounded as Kane.

Absolutely never going to possess the skillset of Alli or Eriksen. He's not going to learn much more as a player being nearly 30 either.

Total non starter.

Huh? He's an out-an-out front man. Nothing more than an inconsistent, occasional flash of brilliance, bullish forward. Runs in behind, doesn't offer much to all-round play. Certainly nowhere near as rounded as Kane.

Absolutely never going to possess the skillset of Alli or Eriksen. He's not going to learn much more as a player being nearly 30 either.

Total non starter.

I thought West Ham moved him forward, because they have none.

Prior I always had him down as floating around behind the striker, very much like Alli and Eriksen do for us.

And in our team, nobody has a really defined role except Kane. He would be an attacker within our squad. Playing upfront only when Kane is out, and other wise alongside/behind/around when Kane is playing.

Or, as often as not, on the bench. Which Im sure he will enjoy.

Arnautovic wouldn't come anyway, because he wouldn't get a regular game. We already have a fairly good front man. We need an understudy, who recognises the benefit of being an understudy, but is still potentially good enough not to be an understudy - not an easy find. Janssen seemed perfect on paper, and look how that turned out.

Arnautovic wouldn't come anyway, because he wouldn't get a regular game. We already have a fairly good front man. We need an understudy, who recognises the benefit of being an understudy, but is still potentially good enough not to be an understudy - not an easy find. Janssen seemed perfect on paper, and look how that turned out.

Im still very happy with Son as Kanes backup.

Id be fine with us bringing in Malcom (or alike) to add depth to that AM pool so we have cover is Son is pushed forward.

RABIOT HIKES UP PRESSURE ON PSG

Contract rebel Adrien Rabiot is hoping to force Paris Saint-Germain to allow him to train with the first-team squad again amid ongoing uncertainty about his future at the French club.

The 23-year-old France international midfielder has not played for PSG since early December and has been ordered to train with the reserves after failing to agree a new contract.

His existing deal expires at the end of the season and Rabiot has been strongly linked with moves to Barcelona and Bayern Munich in the last month, either for free in the summer, or even before the January transfer window closes.

The French league (LFP) confirmed on Monday Rabiot has taken the matter to their legal committee, claiming PSG's decision to banish him goes against the "professional footballer's charter".

That charter only allows for players to be ordered to train apart "on a temporary basis" and for "exclusively sporting reasons".

His enforced absence comes at a time when PSG are short of options in midfield and have just lost Italy midfielder Marco Verratti to an ankle injury.

I thought West Ham moved him forward, because they have none.

Prior I always had him down as floating around behind the striker, very much like Alli and Eriksen do for us.

And in our team, nobody has a really defined role except Kane. He would be an attacker within our squad. Playing upfront only when Kane is out, and other wise alongside/behind/around when Kane is playing.

Or, as often as not, on the bench. Which Im sure he will enjoy.

he played as a wide forward for his career more than behind the striker, cutting in form the left I think. Still a waste of oxygen discussing this as their owners wont sell to us.

he played as a wide forward for his career more than behind the striker, cutting in form the left I think. Still a waste of oxygen discussing this as their owners wont sell to us.

Thats what I thought - not actually upfront but in the spaces behind. One of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 sort of thing. Call it wide forward/whatever you like.

They would hilariously, and publicly, use it as a means to make themselves look big club special and belittle us. And would, of course, in doing so contrive to confirm their small time status.

Even then he's not creating chances for his team mates like Alli or Eriksen do... He's running in behind and mostly shooting on site.

Useless for our system.

For now, maybe. But I think all it needs is for the idea to catch on, and then for supporters' clubs/trusts to actually start raising money to gradually buy a stake in their clubs.

It doesn't have to be all at once - start with an aim of raising enough money to buy, say, a 2.5% stake in your club, confirm with the club that it will sell such a stake if offered a price, solicit funds from fans via membership fees to raise that cost, and then acquire a stake. Build from there.

If 100,000 fans offered £500 each, that would be enough for a 5% stake in a club worth a billion pounds - might even buy half of a club like Huddersfield, or a quarter of a club like Watford.

Yes, it's impossible for Prem fans to outright buy an entire club at the moment - the prices are too high. But if gradual stakes were bought and built up, maybe, come the next football crash, that could change.

How many Spurs shares are owned by individual investors - fans - now?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Even then he's not creating chances for his team mates like Alli or Eriksen do... He's running in behind and mostly shooting on site.

Useless for our system.
I have only seen him a handful of times live and the rest on highlights and I would not describe him as this player, he has always seemed to have good vision and work rate, holds the ball up and brings others into the game. He is an intelligent player but a bit of a knob of a man, I don't recognize your description of him and it is not how West Ham supporters describe his gameplay.

I have only seen him a handful of times live and the rest on highlights and I would not describe him as this player, he has always seemed to have good vision and work rate, holds the ball up and brings others into the game. He is an intelligent player but a bit of a knob of a man, I don't recognize your description of him and it is not how West Ham supporters describe his gameplay.

On his day he is unplayable.

It's what I've seen when watching him play both here and in Germany, also how West Ham fans I know would describe him.

Two assists so far this season.

He’d be fine for us...but too old for the money I’d guess. 29 will turn 30 this year?

Someone like Isaac Success at Watford would for the bill, be a fraction of the wages. He’d need time to be developed but has the tools to be an effective forward.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back