• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

Don’t forget one of them isn’t even in our squad currently but I do get your logic

True, but all the more reason to replace two strikers with one homegrown forward entering his prime. Actually frees up two further squad slots for non-HG players, if I understand correctly - and if we also manage to shift Vorm and promote Whiteman or some other academy player, that's our HG issue sorted.

True, but all the more reason to replace two strikers with one homegrown forward entering his prime. Actually frees up two further squad slots for non-HG players, if I understand correctly - and if we also manage to shift Vorm and promote Whiteman or some other academy player, that's our HG issue sorted.
We wouldn’t actually register Whiteman I believe, as he’s still young enough to not have to register. So the ideal would still let Vorm move on AND procure another over 21 home grown player to register in his slot.

I'm hoping we unveil some South American midfielder in January.

An international with a huge list of achievements at a young age. League wins, captaining the side, Copa Libertadores etc.

Someone we plebs have never heard of, but Poch / Miki / Jesus know all about.

I'm hoping we unveil some South American midfielder in January.

An international with a huge list of achievements at a young age. League wins, captaining the side, Copa Libertadores etc.

Someone we plebs have never heard of, but Poch / Miki / Jesus know all about.
Sounds like Barrios but unfortunately, he is poo.

Emirates Marketing Project manager Pep Guardiola wants to sign Real Madrid'sSpain midfielder Isco, 26, in the summer. Initial contact has been made between the English champions and the player. (As - in Spanish)

Arsenal want to sign £45m-rated Lille winger Nicolas Pepe, but face competition from Tottenham and Chelsea. The 23-year-old Ivory Coast international has scored 12 goals for the Ligue 1 club this season. (L'Equipe via Daily Star)

Liverpool target Adrien Rabiot, the 23-year-old France midfielder, will not sign a new contract with Paris St-Germain. (Yahoo - in French)
Rabiot will be useful if we are going to unload both wanyama and dembele.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

surely both wanyama and dembele's pay amount to 170K pw.
lol aurier ... not quite sure what to make of it, except that he might be wishing he wasn't quoted

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

No idea what they're both paid, but 7m a year amounts to about 135,000 euros a week. Unsure if Paris United mean gross or net, though - because if that's a gross figure, then there's no Earthly way that we can compete with PSG's offer.

I'm doubtful about this guy - not sure he's worth the trouble. But Paris United is pretty clued in on all things PSG, so there's definitely *something* going on.

As for Aurier, I have no idea how Paris United would know that. But maybe he's just looking out for his friend or something - I think it's likely that Rabiot would suffer (at least initially) under Poch, in terms of learning discipline and a team work ethic. Maybe Aurier's warning him because he knows that.

I know he's had two major ACL injuries (one to each knee), but does anyone think Callum Wilson would be a decent pickup in January? He impressed me today with his pace and strength, and he's been generally impressive this season. He'd be homegrown as well, knows the league, and no doubt those injuries will have afforded him an enormous amount of mental strength.

He'd be expensive given that he's Bournemouth's top scorer, but I wonder if he'd be an easy way to bolster our squad heading into the crunch period.

Darren Bent Mk II

How do we feel about Sessegnon in the cold light of day? Seems to be stagnating at Fulham, and they are looking nailed on to be relegated. Worth another go?

I watch a bit of Fulham as my mate is a season ticket holder and when he can’t go I’ll sometimes take in a game, also it’s not far from me.
I had a feeling that Sessegnon would be found out in the Prem. Which from what I’ve seen I can’t decide if he has as overall Fulham have been poor. There’s something there but good enough for the top level I’m not sure. Still only 18 so if Fulham go down then worth a punt. Although Fulham being relegated is not nailed on in my opinion.

I doubt they’d sell in January due to there league position but if West Brom don’t come up then I wonder if we might be interested in Rodriguez again. Seems to have got back to near his best and scoring in the championship.

Real Madrid are willing to offer Chelsea Spain playmaker Isco, 26, and 24-year-old Croatia midfielder Mateo Kovacic - who is already on loan at Stamford Bridge - as part of a deal to sign the Blues' Belgium forward Eden Hazard, 27. (Onda Cero, via Metro)

Tottenham's 31-year-old Belgium midfielder Mousa Dembele, who is out of contract in the summer, is a target for Monaco manager Thierry Henry. (Le Sport 10 - in French)

Spurs could turn their interest in 18-year-old Norwichright-back Max Aarons into a formal £15m offer, with German club RB Leipzig also interested in the England Under-19 international. (Sun)

Watford fear they could lose French midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure, 25, to Paris St-Germain next month and may move for Nice's former France Under-18 international Adrien Tameze, 24, as a replacement. (Mail)

PSG TARGET £45M DOUCOURE MOVE

PSG have opened talks with Watford over a move for France midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure, according to reports in the Daily Mail.

The Premier League club are understood to want £45m for the 25-year-old.

West Brom manager Darren Moore says he is not concerned about possible January interest from Premier League clubs for English striker Jay Rodriguez, 29. (Times - subscription required)

BARCA NEW FAVOURITES FOR KANE

Real Madrid have been rocked with Barcelona now favourites to sign Spurs striker Harry Kane, according to reports in the Daily Express.

The England international has contributed 11 goals and three assists for the north London club in the Premier League so far this season.

ZAHA TO CHINA?

Wilfried Zaha has been offered a staggering £11m a year to move to Chinese side Dalian Yifang next month, reports The Daily Mail.

Been keeping an eye for some youngsters in the Argentina Superliga.

Exequiel Palacios (19) seemed to always get mentioned as one to watch, just saw he's apparently going to Real Madrid for 20m euros (!) So even that route for a youngster can be expensive.

Gaston Lodico (20) is another technical / strong CM that nobody seems to be picking up just yet. Could be worth investigating but might be too small for the PL

Last edited:
BARCA NEW FAVOURITES FOR KANE

Real Madrid have been rocked with Barcelona now favourites to sign Spurs striker Harry Kane, according to reports in the Daily Express.

The England international has contributed 11 goals and three assists for the north London club in the Premier League so far this season.

Was thinking this morning how it's nice to see headlines about a Chelsea player leaving and not our own for a change. I guess they had to throw one in there!

Being a football journalist must be the easiest job in the world. They can literally just write any old b*ll*cks and it's deemed ok.

Was thinking this morning how it's nice to see headlines about a Chelsea player leaving and not our own for a change. I guess they had to throw one in there!

Being a football journalist must be the easiest job in the world. They can literally just write any old b*ll*cks and it's deemed ok.

I know. Dont forget, we have surprised everyone by going second, so there also needs to be some negativity sown to try and disrupt us.

Back