• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

Heard he is gonna be great but doesnt get regular starts in a Napoli side which isn’t as good as ours

He doesn't get regular starts, no. But that's more down to Ancelotti preferring Allan (who, to be fair, is an absolute engine) and the ageing Marek Hamsik in those two central midfield spots.

This is him from two years ago. Talent like that doesn't go away, and, if all goes well, he's going to develop into a magnificent player for whichever team ends up signing him.

In terms of central midfielders, he's up there for me.

how about Billing at Huddersfield - seems to have the blend of physique and technique, has prem experience and young enough for Poch bring him up another level and fit in with the team ethos?
When we played Huddersfield, Billing really stood out to me, because he fouled us and fouled us and inexplicably wasn't carded for ages, he was v annoying and I don't remember him doing good things, just fouling us.

Have you seen more of him than the world cup? Because at he looked absolutely dreadful there. A real headless chicken - bad Sissoko-esque. And (West Ham's) Carlos Sanchez was getting picked ahead of him most of the time.

The whole thing struck me as a 'random crap player come and get me plea', before he goes and signs for someone like Middlesbrough

I totally agree with you, I would be gutted if we signed him

I don't think we should just get rid of Dembele like that, he's obviously crocked but still a decent player who I'm sure will contribute in some games this season. We have a minimum of 26 games left this season and potentially 30+ and our only generally fit midfielders are Dier, Sissoko and Winks who himself is only recently back from a long lay off.

With Llorente he should be kept around, seems like a good influence around the squad and doesn't cause any trouble and if Son is away then he may be needed with a lot of games coming up in January.

Happy to see Nkoudou and Janssen leave and Vorm as well.

As far as I am concerned Llorente has not contributed enough this season to warrant a place in our 25 man Champions League squad, especially when you consider Juan could not make the squad

I said elsewhere early in the season that he looks reminiscent of first season Dele. If anything he looks more of a goal threat then Dele did in that season.

NB: I doubt he's going anywhere as Bournemouth only bought him this summer gone.

So pleased we didn't sign some dross in the summer, and Skipp has been given a chance.

Hard to sign someone when we need to sell before you buy, who would we sell!? Vorm and...

So pleased we didn't sign some dross in the summer, and Skipp has been given a chance.

Hard to sign someone when we need to sell before you buy, who would we sell!? Vorm and...

Would depend on thier long term fitness prospects.
Wanyama?
Dembele?
Then the usual suspects?

Vorm, Llorente, Jansen, Gnk, Dembele, Aurier or Trippier, Wanyama (if crocked).

And remarkably...not Sissoko.:):cool::eek::p:Do_O;)

Wan-Bissaka was excellent yesterday. Think the price will be high but would love if we could get him.

Agree about that - think he's an excellent prospect. Quick, attacking, tall-ish (for a full back) - Palace would want £30m for him though, or £50m in 18 months if he has another good season.

Priority though is a replacement for Dembele, and I would go for Andre Gomes

Agree about that - think he's an excellent prospect. Quick, attacking, tall-ish (for a full back) - Palace would want £30m for him though, or £50m in 18 months if he has another good season.

Priority though is a replacement for Dembele, and I would go for Andre Gomes

I'm a big fan of Wan-Bissaka, so would agree on him. I think centre-midfield is the priority position, but only because of injuries. If all players are fit, then I think right-back is the weakest area of the team.

As for Gomes, I don't know if he's the answer. I haven't seen enough of him, though he didn't look too good today! I think we have enough finesse in our squad, but with Wanyama and Dembele crocked I think we lack a bit of power (if Sissoko needs a rest then we seem awfully lightweight). I'd prefer someone like the lad from Watford.

So many questions coming up with regards to the squad. Davies has shown that he would become our second choice LCB behind Jan, Skipp is showing that we may not need to rush into grabbing a DM replacement.

I honestly feel like a new first choice RB and CM are our priorities. LB and another forward are after that.

Back