• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

I'm not convinced by either to be honest.

Fair enough. If there's better out there who are gettable then great. Just hope that we can get in a CM (or two ideally, though probably not realistically) to replace Dembele and Wanyama asap in Jan. At the moment I feel that we're coping with our lack of CM options at the moment, rather than succeeding because of them and I dont feel that that is a healthy position to be in with 5 months of the season to go

Fair enough. If there's better out there who are gettable then great. Just hope that we can get in a CM (or two ideally, though probably not realistically) to replace Dembele and Wanyama asap in Jan. At the moment I feel that we're coping with our lack of CM options at the moment, rather than succeeding because of them and I dont feel that that is a healthy position to be in with 5 months of the season to go
Dier and Winks are probably our number one pairing now, though Sissoko has done an admirable job in there it has to be said. We did look far better defensively with the Dembele/Dier combo and our goals against column this season reflects that, but that's history now. Dembele might do a job from the bench for a season closing out games but that is a sticking plaster.
As you say we do need someone else, maybe just one, but I'm not sure who. Nzonzi?

I wouldn’t be surprised if we played Dier and Sisokko rather than Dier and Winks. I think Sisokko is a more dynamic midfielder in that role, and brings the ball forward. He has performed well recently, and deserves to keep his place in the team. Whilst he is not great technically, it seems wrong to go to town on that criticism, when he’s found ways around it and provides for the team in other ways.

Winks is not as good as he was last season, so still has to step it up before he deserves to be back in the first team ahead of the new improved Sisokko.

Looking through transfermarkt they don't tend to spend much each window, 10m ballpark on incomings - that left back they have though may change things this summer if he's sold

Flaky player
On his day brilliant
When not his day he offers nothing
Reminds me of Dalmat
I don’t see how you can label him flaky, it’s his first season in the PL. He looked poor for first couple of months which is understandable some take a while to acclimatise and since then he’s really turned productive. It’s pretty obvious he’s a player, West Ham will have quite a front four when all back fit with Arnautovic, Anderson, Yarmelenko and Lanzini....

I don’t see how you can label him flaky, it’s his first season in the PL. He looked poor for first couple of months which is understandable some take a while to acclimatise and since then he’s really turned productive. It’s pretty obvious he’s a player, West Ham will have quite a front four when all back fit with Arnautovic, Anderson, Yarmelenko and Lanzini....

Because he is averaging one good game in 2 and swings from being brilliant to brick

Everyone loves a new signing when they start playing well. I remember people saying we made a mistake not buying the Italian lad who went to Southampton as he started well.

Last edited:
Because he is averaging one good game in 2 and swings from being brilliant to brick

Everyone loves a new signing when they start playing well. I remember people saying we made a mistake not buying the Italian lad who went to Southampton as he started well.
For sure, not saying he’s going to be the next Salah - but you called him flakey which is harsh for someone who’s new to the PL. Most need time to bed in which he has, first two months looked poor now he’s more acclimatised he’s showing his quality. If he was a player of ours you’d be saying the lad has got talent, give him time etc you wouldn’t be saying he’s flakey at all....

Back