• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

Sturridge to Saudi Sportswashing Machine after Inter dropped their interest. Saudi Sportswashing Machine will pay a £1.5million loan fee and cover the player’s wages £120,000-a-week wages until the end of the season.

Inter going for Pastore instead ties in with "respected ITK" JJetset saying a player for the first XI (not Moura) is now going elsewhere.

Aubameyang -> Arsenal
Batshauyi -> Dortmund
Dzeko -> Chelsea
JJetset can suck on my little British/Maltese/Swiss nuts.

Lamela has been here 5 years, I think its a bit much to suggest there hasnt been opportunities to try him in that position before now.

'5 years' is a misdirection - as previously stated he has been either injured or already first choice during his time here - when would you have expected Poch to 'try him out' in place of a player who is generally always fit and performing to a high standard? Plenty of Europa games saw Lamela start as the sole creative outlet iirc

Lamela is the hardest working player in our side that always plays the tough games.

Dismiss him at your peril

I think its a weak argument to suggest he has been playing on the right or injured and so hasnt had the chance yet, especially when he has been here so long.

Injured or not, there has to have been opportunity before now.

I think its a weak argument to suggest he has been playing on the right or injured and so hasnt had the chance yet, especially when he has been here so long.

I dont think it's weak at all - how often do first XI players get moved to another role to cover a player who is fit and in form?

If hadn't got that long hip injuries he would have been in Italy now. He loves it there and its where he did his rehab.
He could even go this window and I wouldn't be that surprised.

When he came back from this latest injury it was great to see him like a breath of fresh air. But then he has reverted to type.

Last edited:
If hadn't got that long hip injuries he would have been in Italy now. He loves it there and its where he did his rehab.
He could even go this window and I wouldn't be that surprised.

I dont know. I know its been pretty well permanently reported, but Ive seen nothing from him directly to suggest he is desperate to get back there. Always felt he is fully committed.

Since 2013 you are saying there has literally been no chance?

Im saying since 2013 he has been either injured or a first XI player when we played a different setup. And there were opportunities and he was played in place of Eriksen, in early round cup and EL games iirc which are the types of games i would expect Eriksen to be rested for - outside of that im nit syre where you think our primary playmaker should have been dropped/rested/rotated

I barely recall him playing there ever. Could be my mistake, but given how keen I am to see him there I would imagine its the sort of thing that would stick in my mind.

I think Poch will have had ample opportunity to use him centrally, and hasnt. I cant accept that in over 4 seasons he has only just got the chance.

While I do think Lamela could play Eriksens role, it seems clear at this point Poch just doesnt agree.

Im not sure we can draw that conclusion as Lamela has not really been available these past couple of games that Eriksen has been out.
Previously whenever Eriksen was rested for cup/europa league games Lamela was used in his place in the central playmaking role, iirc

I do think he is most likely off this summer though - too many injuries
I think they are very different players. They both have any eye for a pass but Lamela isn’t nearly as assured on the ball as Eriksen is IMO. I think our entire team are confident that they can pass to Eriksen on either foot and he will retain possession, even when marked, he is like Modric in this respect. Lamela’s touch is more erratic IMO, I think Lamela is a player that does his best work as high up the pitch as possible with clever little through balls played over only 5 or 10 metres, whereas Eriksen’s sweet spot is a little further back as he can ping passes of any length with either foot.

Back