• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

Surely a tinkle take?

Apparently not.

Pep Guardiola says Emirates Marketing Project are not always able to pay high transfer fees and meet player's wage demands as the club is operating within a defined budget.
Guardiola claims City cannot afford 22 'top' players as the Premier League leaders continue to fight on four fronts.

He said: "When you want to handle four competitions sometimes you have to be lucky with injuries. Otherwise you need 22 top players for every position. People don't believe this, but today 22 top players is too expensive to buy, even [for] City.

"Their salaries we cannot pay. There are budgets for the transfers and we cannot pay. In the future, it may change but we haven't paid more than £80m-£100m for one player. We cannot pay that right now, it is the truth.

"That's why we need the academy to fight. Of course, we spend a lot money but it is the same money as a lot of other teams. I can assure you we are not the only team in the world that spend money."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...as-been-restrained-by-manchester-citys-budget

I find it quite offensive really - totally detached from reality. How about doing what most managers (excluding the obvious of course) have to do and work with what you have, within a real budget. Why should City be able to just hoover up 22 top players? Show some true management ability. It's not as if he currently has a squad of hoof-about has-beens.

It was still the biggest, richest club in the league.

Winning the CL was quite incredible, and IMO the biggest achievement of his career - but regardless he still had all the money in Portugal

It was still the biggest, richest club in the league.

Winning the CL was quite incredible, and IMO the biggest achievement of his career - but regardless he still had all the money in Portugal

I was thinking about União de Leiria, obviously i know little about them but i believe it was his first managerial job and he got them to there highest league finish. As you say the CL win for Porto (and Inter actually) were a huge achievement.

I was thinking about União de Leiria, obviously i know little about them but i believe it was his first managerial job and he got them to there highest league finish. As you say the CL win for Porto (and Inter actually) were a huge achievement.

Fair shout - I assumed Porto.

Youre right though, like Pep he wont ever go there (or alike) again. I dont think he has it in him. Imagine him at West Ham?!

I think that he's said it to try and get under Mourinho'' skin and a little come back for the signing fullbacks for striker fees comment.

Bloody hell, that level of ignorance is blinding
You know that moment when you pick up your new chrome-plated Lamborghini Murcielago from the dealership in Dubai, and you sprung for the monogrammed red kangaroo leather seats? And then you see someone picking up an Aventador with 100,000 crystals stuck all over it and gold seats with a diamond fuel cap and you just think "Damn, I wish I had a bit more money to get a nicer car"...

You know that moment when you pick up your new chrome-plated Lamborghini Murcielago from the dealership in Dubai, and you sprung for the monogrammed red kangaroo leather seats? And then you see someone picking up an Aventador with 100,000 crystals stuck all over it and gold seats with a diamond fuel cap and you just think "Damn, I wish I had a bit more money to get a nicer car"...

Only too well. Life sucks.

Surely the money would be better spent on a penis enlargement?

Back