• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

This ... that is the biggest red flag of his career ..

Funny re other link with Ajax winger, think ENIC should just buy Ajax and use them as our Academy

Regarding ajax, i think de ligt, de jong, neres and the very talented Dolberg would all be excellent signings. Maybe by 2 straight away and look to loan them back and then try and sign another 2 in the summer.

GHod forbid we lose kane or dele but if we do for 200m then we just go to ajax and give them the lot.

I do worry sometimes how we'd cope if Kane went down injured with a knee injury. Sturridge is too talented a player to waste his career. He'd get decent minutes for us if he performed to his ability. Not sure I agree with your view that he seems a thundercnut, no more so than Alli or Aurier.
That ridiculous dance thing celebration is enough to reject him.

So we have a scout for just the french league, do we have one for the championship?

I think the championship is a similar quality to some foreign leagues amd youmg english players coming through academies are better coached then ever before.

Is it still Pleat who does our domestic scouting.

Lamela out, Moura (now) and Malcom (in the summer) in?

That does seem plausible.
If Moura does join, we'll need to free up a place in the CL squad (and I don't see us doing that by dropping a GK).
I like Lamela and hope he can stay with us and get back to his best/continue to improve. But it does feel that almost since he joined us, there have been links with him moving back to Italy.

I hope not, Lamela will become a stand out player soon.

I think it will take some considerable time.
If Moura does come he will take time to get fit and get up to premiere speed also!
Both player will be more for next season.

Lamela out, Moura (now) and Malcom (in the summer) in?

How odd. I was wondering this last night before that link even came up.

From my extensive (5 minutes?) youtube research it looked obvious he would be direct competition for Lamela.

While Ive always believed Lamela could really shine centrally, theres nothing to suggest Poch agrees. And its fair to say, I feel, Lamela hasnt ever fully delivered - of our forward players he is the one who we can most easily upgrade on.

Maybe there is something to it? Would you bet against us getting Moura, selling Lamela and coming out of it having spent virtually nothing?

I hope not, Lamela will become a stand out player soon.

I think we have been saying that for years now. He has threatened to a few times, but I dont think he has ever really reached that level.

Im a big fan, by the way, love his spirit on the pitch. I just think if we are being pragmatic, he has never really delivered on his potential and he has never really been fit - I wouldnt be shocked if we decided to cash out.

I see Lamela as Eriksen's cover/competition. Pacy, tricky wide players like Moura and Malcom are what only Son (and GKN) offer us

I see Lamela as Eriksen's cover/competition. Pacy, tricky wide players like Moura and Malcom are what only Son (and GKN) offer us

I can't see us keeping six AMs happy tbh though that is certainly how i view Lamelas place in the squad and think he would do well in that central creative role in Eriksens absence.

Despite the fact I agree with you, Lamela has never been used that way.

I would have thought Sundays game was an obvious chance for that, and Poch clearly didnt agree.

And looking at what Moura was doing in that video - I would caution you pigeon holing him into a defined role like that. He can clearly do the things Lamela does for us on the right, as well as adding a bit of pace and directness.

As to Eriksens successor, maybe Winks will be groomed for it? Maybe there are other plans?

As it is though, Poch has basically never played Lamela there and I now doubt if he ever will.

Lamela was unfortunate to get injured when he did - he was in excellent form for us up until then, and many on here said he was the first man on the team sheet. I hope it's a fitness issue that is keeping him from starting over say Sissoko or an injured (sick) Eriksen, because it would be stupid, in my opinion, to sell someone with his flair and work rate, unless there is something going on behind closed doors. Lamela hitting his form again could be instrumental for us. I've seen nothing from the few minutes he's played since returning to suggest otherwise. I just don't get why he doesn't get more game time.

Back