• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

Lamela was unfortunate to get injured when he did - he was in excellent form for us up until then, and many on here said he was the first man on the team sheet. I hope it's a fitness issue that is keeping him from starting over say Sissoko or an injured (sick) Eriksen, because it would be stupid, in my opinion, to sell someone with his flair and work rate, unless there is something going on behind closed doors. Lamela hitting his form again could be instrumental for us. I've seen nothing from the few minutes he's played since returning to suggest otherwise. I just don't get why he doesn't get more game time.

Poch is hugely cautious bringing players back from longer term injuries. Wanyama and Rose have been used as sparingly to start with.

Poch is hugely cautious bringing players back from longer term injuries. Wanyama and Rose have been used as sparingly to start with.

I think it's the right way to be, how many times do we read or hear old players say they were rushed back to play and struggled to recapture their previous form. Hopefully we have a lot more games to play this season and we don't want players breakdown in vital matches.

Lamela was unfortunate to get injured when he did - he was in excellent form for us up until then, and many on here said he was the first man on the team sheet. I hope it's a fitness issue that is keeping him from starting over say Sissoko or an injured (sick) Eriksen, because it would be stupid, in my opinion, to sell someone with his flair and work rate, unless there is something going on behind closed doors. Lamela hitting his form again could be instrumental for us. I've seen nothing from the few minutes he's played since returning to suggest otherwise. I just don't get why he doesn't get more game time.

I really dont disagree. I like him, a lot. I just think, objectively, its not unfair to say he hasnt hit the heights he his potential suggested.

Largely because of injury, and also because it seems to take him an age to play into form. He plays, starts looking the part, gets injured. When he comes back, he plays, plays, plays, begins to look good, gets injured... rinse and repeat.

This is his 4th season, I think, and has he ever been really that good in more than fleeting moments?

I love his workrate, I love his commitment, I love the good things he does when on form - Im just putting it out there - maybe we are looking for something more/more reliable to take it up a level.

Whether thats Moura or not Ive no idea, but he is clearly a direct competitor for Lamelas place.

I really dont disagree. I like him, a lot. I just think, objectively, its not unfair to say he hasnt hit the heights he his potential suggested.

Largely because of injury, and also because it seems to take him an age to play into form. He plays, starts looking the part, gets injured. When he comes back, he plays, plays, plays, begins to look good, gets injured... rinse and repeat.

This is his 4th season, I think, and has he ever been really that good in more than fleeting moments?

I love his workrate, I love his commitment, I love the good things he does when on form - Im just putting it out there - maybe we are looking for something more/more reliable to take it up a level.

Whether thats Moura or not Ive no idea, but he is clearly a direct competitor for Lamelas place.

Very true. He does seem to be one of those players ala Daniel Sturridge, unfortunately.

His contract is up next year too, I think. So it's brick or get off the can for Poch. Either we put faith in him that he will deliver and offer him a new contract, or we sell him this window or in summer.

I don't, but I have a friend who does business with Chinese companies. I can ask him. I have to say I'm smitten with the kit. Would definitely need to be a GG thing only, so we'd be looking at a limited number. Whoever is interested can PM me and also let me know size and their price point. I can then inquire. Or if you want to wait until I can confirm if there's a shop that can do it first and then I'll let you know.
Well, for the quantity we would be looking at (less than 50), it's a no-go. If we could have put them out on eBay, we could have gone for 1,000 and sold the rest, but that's a non-starter. So for now we will just have to look at @Sandman 's render and drool.

His aura took a hell of a beating when he got the triple whammy - hip injury, brother in a wheelchair, dead dog. It will take a long time for his chakras to realign and boost his Chi dynamo

From the Evening Standard transfer news

What the papers are saying..

Real Madrid are preparing a £500m spree in the summer and have set their sights on Premier League stars.
Real are 19 points off the title pace in La Liga and the Mail reports they plan to smash the transfer world record to bring in Chelsea's Eden Hazard.
Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea and Tottenham's Harry Kane are also considered priority targets, but the Spanish giants accept a deal for the latter could be difficult.
(So, the message is finally getting through)

West Ham will turn their attention to Watford striker Troy Deeney if a move for Liverpool forward Daniel Sturridge falls through.
The Sun reports Sturridge is available to loan this month with an obligation to buy for around £25million in the summer.
And David Moyes is considering a swoop for Deeney should the Sturridge deal collapse.

(WH have also just signed Jaoa Mario - on loan. BAU then over at the Olympic Stadium)
Fulham captain Tom Cairney wants to move to West Ham but Fulham are refusing to sell.
Sky Sports reports the Hammers are willing to pay £15million for Cairney but the Cottagers are determined to keep hold of the 27-year-old.

Arsenal have been told to pay more than £25million if they want to sign Jonny Evans from West Brom this month.
Arsene Wenger is keen on the defender and the Sun reports the Baggies are demanding at least £27million.

West Ham keeping up their tradition of signing a new group of strikers every season.

Whilst them paying £25m and probably something like £150k per week, for someone who will be injured half the season and get, at best, 1 in 3 when fit seems quite amusing, it would put cash into Liverpool's pockets, and they're far more our rivals than West Ham ever will be. Hopefully he'll stay where he is

From the Evening Standard transfer news

What the papers are saying..

Real Madrid are preparing a £500m spree in the summer and have set their sights on Premier League stars.
Real are 19 points off the title pace in La Liga and the Mail reports they plan to smash the transfer world record to bring in Chelsea's Eden Hazard.
Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea and Tottenham's Harry Kane are also considered priority targets, but the Spanish giants accept a deal for the latter could be difficult.
(So, the message is finally getting through)

West Ham will turn their attention to Watford striker Troy Deeney if a move for Liverpool forward Daniel Sturridge falls through.
The Sun reports Sturridge is available to loan this month with an obligation to buy for around £25million in the summer.
And David Moyes is considering a swoop for Deeney should the Sturridge deal collapse.

(WH have also just signed Jaoa Mario - on loan. BAU then over at the Olympic Stadium)
Fulham captain Tom Cairney wants to move to West Ham but Fulham are refusing to sell.
Sky Sports reports the Hammers are willing to pay £15million for Cairney but the Cottagers are determined to keep hold of the 27-year-old.

Arsenal have been told to pay more than £25million if they want to sign Jonny Evans from West Brom this month.
Arsene Wenger is keen on the defender and the Sun reports the Baggies are demanding at least £27million.
BIzarre to think that RM spending 500m might not even be enough to buy those three players.

Back