• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

I'm not worried about what they do. Their problems run pretty deep at the moment and January is not the time to be making these type of changes. These are signings to appease the fans rather than being part of a wider strategy. That club is a shambles at the moment.
I think it was the totally football show where that pointed out that this might be signaling a shift in transfer strategy. Removing some power from Wenger and putting it in the hands of their new guy from Dortmund and some other guy. That might be a very good thing for Arsenal if true.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Trippier has left before the transfer window closes. I think Aurier is now first choice & I think we are close to signing a new right back.

I can't see that with the KWP situation.

I think Trippier will go in the summer, but only because KWP will be promoted above him

I think it was the totally football show where that pointed out that this might be signaling a shift in transfer strategy. Removing some power from Wenger and putting it in the hands of their new guy from Dortmund and some other guy. That might be a very good thing for Arsenal if true.

That might explain the targets too!

I'm not worried about what they do. Their problems run pretty deep at the moment and January is not the time to be making these type of changes. These are signings to appease the fans rather than being part of a wider strategy. That club is a shambles at the moment.

That's not my point. It's usually difficult to lose one of your best players and then to go out and sign a replacement who is as good if not better. We have suffered from this. Imo Aubamayang is one of the world's top strikers and is on par with Sanchez in terms of threat up front. Plus although he hasn't shown it so far I think Mikataryan is at the level of Ozil so that will be a seamless swap once Ozil leaves in the summer.

Considering Arse are not in the CL and are looking like they will fail to qualify again I feel they are lucky to be getting someone like Aubamayang.

Put it this way if we somehow lost Harry just think how difficult it wiuld be to find a top top class replacement. Aubamayang despite his recent attitude problems is a superb centre forward. I'm sure 99% of Spurs fans would feel signing a striker like him would soften the blow of selling someone like Harry.

What KWP situation? The one where we have an academy player that did a competent job the one time he played and is now being assumed as heir apparent?

The one where we have England's brightest young RB chomping at the bit. Also a player with a bit more pace and attacking verve, which benefits our system

The one where we have England's brightest young RB chomping at the bit. Also a player with a bit more pace and attacking verve, which benefits our system

I thought so. Before you get to carried away, as we know you are liable to, why not wait until he actually proves he has the ability to step up into the team before writing of the players ahead of him?

That's not my point. It's usually difficult to lose one of your best players and then to go out and sign a replacement who is as good if not better. We have suffered from this. Imo Aubamayang is one of the world's top strikers and is on par with Sanchez in terms of threat up front. Plus although he hasn't shown it so far I think Mikataryan is at the level of Ozil so that will be a seamless swap once Ozil leaves in the summer.

Considering Arse are not in the CL and are looking like they will fail to qualify again I feel they are lucky to be getting someone like Aubamayang.

Put it this way if we somehow lost Harry just think how difficult it wiuld be to find a top top class replacement. Aubamayang despite his recent attitude problems is a superb centre forward. I'm sure 99% of Spurs fans would feel signing a striker like him would soften the blow of selling someone like Harry.

Its fair, as a player Aubamayang is quality. Though I do think its fair to consider the potential consequences of his attitude.

And Ive always thought Mikataryan was quality too, but its been 2 seasons since we have seen it - so there is the consideration of whether or not he can refind that form.

And, ultimately, if both come off - and both do well - its effectively a net move isnt it? They replace what they lose effectively, but still have the same old issues as always.

And, I still wonder, what of Lacazette?

Possibly but we've seen the board there buy players when Wenger has dithered before, I believe that is what happened with Ozil.

I agree that they need to move transfer strategy away from him though and moving towards this now will make transition to their next manager easier.

I find it difficult to judge a transfer until the player has settled. You see so many players with big reputations flop. They might work, they might not, I think that the direction of the club is more important than individual transfers.

I find it difficult to judge a transfer until the player has settled. You see so many players with big reputations flop. They might work, they might not, I think that the direction of the club is more important than individual transfers.
I think you are talking more in hope than expectation. Lacazette, Mkhitryan and Aubameyang are all top players... let's hope they don't sort out the other 8 positions on the pitch ;)

I agree that they are good players. What I am not convinced is that there is a plan on how to utilize them and whether it fits into a wider transfer strategy.
I think there is a strategy.
They just haven't worked out how to fix the French shaped barrier yet.

Back