• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Man u look stronger with their two signings. Arsenal too..

We finished 4th last season but reached the CL final. Injuries didn't help but we were exposed for not having quality in depth (injuries).

Still time for more transfers, however as it is I think we will be challenging for 3rd, still behind Emirates Marketing Project and pool

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think thats about right, as we stand today:

Man C and pool as roughly the same as they were (City has lost Kompany but signed Rodri)
Man U and Arse are probably stronger than they were, but still have some major issues
Cheatski are definitely weaker (Pulisic for Hazard) but the unknown is whether Lampard helps or hinders them
(and the 3 chasers, Everton, Leicester and Wolves, will also close the gap a bit to the top 6 but I dont see any breaking it)

We have fixed a Dembele-sized hole in our CM which is a major boost and the players have had the summer off. There's a lot of variation of what could happen in the next 4 days for us (Fernandes, GLC, Sessegnon, Eriksen, Toby, Rose, etc) but assuming we're no weaker on Fri morning that we are today, then I feel confident of a top 4 finish (should be 3rd), but think we'll be 15-20 points behind the eventual champions. Not that I'm moaning about it - its just the realities of where we are as a club today having spent a pile of cash on the new stadium and not having had invested in the squad for a few years

I think the positives the rest / injury recovery will improve us. As will playing at home.

Dembele replaced will not only improve the quality of CM but should allow for some rotation too.

I’d like us to have bought another attacking option and a right back, still a week for that to happen and we have been persistently linked with GLC and Sessegnon so imagine at some point we will get those deals done.

My only concern is if Rose, Toby or Eriksen all left this week, as all three would be in my first X1 and I’d feel like we would either be scrambling around for replacements and there would be a bedding in period that could impact our start to the season.

Literally no one has said that.

Arsenal have improved/Maguire will improve United

But we haven’t gone backwards

Not at a computer, so I'm just going to quote one post from this very thread from today. I've read similar in other threads as well.

We are not title challengers sadly , agreed we will be looking at a battle for third.

As for us we are weaker than last season imo. Poor at RB even tho Trippier was crap it’s still a problem area LB not great either. Eriksen situation hanging over us not ideal as he could leave when window closed over here.

This happens every transfer window when we go a week or two without bringing anyone else in and someone else makes signing. Granted, other forums have it far worse.

Not at a computer, so I'm just going to quote one post from this very thread from today. I've read similar in other threads as well.

This happens every transfer window when we go a week or two without bringing anyone else in and someone else makes signing. Granted, other forums have it far worse.

Ok , but look at our RB position. Trippier had a poor season and has now gone. Aurier never been consistent . Foyth unproven and injured.

We are clearly short in quality in that position. Yes we have numbers but quality no.

We have brought in the replacement of Dembele but that’s it. No better off in quality terms across the squad at this very moment.

That’s not to say it won’t change over next few days. If we went into season as it is then no we’ve not improved. And I also posted that we could still lose players after window closes which could be a disaster.

I’ve tried to stay clear for 48 hours.

Presuming we’ve now signed and sorted; Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Dybala, Fernandes and a quality right back?

Whilst also having finally moved on Eriksen, Toby, Wanyama, Rose, Aurier, GKN, Onomah and Edwards?

We are not a title challenger currently - we have enough ground to catch up that can’t be done in one window.

The RB issue is still there, was last year. Hasn’t changed.

We are not a title challenger currently - we have enough ground to catch up that can’t be done in one window.

The RB issue is still there, was last year. Hasn’t changed.

City will walk the league this season without having any impact from summer tournaments

I’m genuinely amazed at the pundits thinking pool can topple them as I’d have pool behind us now with all their big players other than VVD having played in the summer

United have brought some solid players but still have no style of play embedded and their kick and rush tactics that they have shown so far will cripple their players quickly

Arse have lost a huge player in Ramsey. A scorer of important goals which I don’t believe they have added. Pepe will replace any of the attackers but his reckon in France taking out penalties was worse than Gervinhos. And of course they have an awful defence still

Chelsea haven’t added to the squad but actually playing the youth will keep them strong IMO

Painting the Ndombele signing as standing still in CM because we are just 'replacing' Dembele is weak logic and only trotted out to try and make things sound worse than they actually are.
Not at all . That’s essentially filling the squad position that Dembele held. Nothing to do with making things sound worse. He’s unproven as it stands. Things are by no means terrible . We need to cement our standing in top 4 and for me sides below us are strengthening so hopefully we will make moves in the next 4 days. I’m surprised so many seem so content with our ins and outs so far.

Not at all . That’s essentially filling the squad position that Dembele held. Nothing to do with making things sound worse. He’s unproven as it stands. Things are by no means terrible . We need to cement our standing in top 4 and for me sides below us are strengthening so hopefully we will make moves in the next 4 days. I’m surprised so many seem so content with our ins and outs so far.

Its getting a bit jittery now for me.
Rose, Toby, possibly Erikson gone. I hope the brains trust at the club realize we need to keep the squad strong.
How many players have we signed so far this window? I can't see Foyth or Aurrier replacing Toby.

Dembele played ten league games last season, was injury plagued and on a downward trajectory not to mention it was essentially Sissoko who filled his role in the team. The Ndombele signing is a net improvement on the squad we finished the season with.

Dembele played ten league games last season, was injury plagued and on a downward trajectory not to mention it was essentially Sissoko who filled his role in the team. The Ndombele signing is a net improvement on the squad we finished the season with.

I hope he is an improvement. We don't know yet!
Toby's leaving … a bit worrying I think.
anyway football chat..lol.

I hope he is an improvement. We don't know yet!
Toby's leaving … a bit worrying I think.
anyway football chat..lol.

Where’s Toby going?
He ain’t going Roma that’s for sure as their not gonna pay more now than they could a week ago
No one has bid on eriksen or Rose either

Back