• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Thread

Feels a bit like a Berahino moment - a lot of fuss for a flash in a pan
I think Berahino's career would likely have turned out differently if we'd got him. He and Kane worked really well together for England under 21s and him not getting his move to Spurs soured his relationship at WBA. Shame really as he had a lot of good attributes to his play.

Orban I think is making the right move at the right price for the player at this stage of his career. I think a jump to the PL would've been far too big for him at his current level. If he does well in France then he'll get a £25 to £40m move to one of the big 4 leagues in a few years time.

I think Berahino's career would likely have turned out differently if we'd got him. He and Kane worked really well together for England under 21s and him not getting his move to Spurs soured his relationship at WBA. Shame really as he had a lot of good attributes to his play.

Orban I think is making the right move at the right price for the player at this stage of his career. I think a jump to the PL would've been far too big for him at his current level. If he does well in France then he'll get a £25 to £40m move to one of the big 4 leagues in a few years time.

Yeah seemed to turn to drink and things outside of football. Shame.

So, Ivan Toney has returned to football after his ban for placing hundreds of online bets relating to football.

What does he say in his returning statement?

"It feels like we lost wi-fi connection but we're back connected again and reloaded," Toney told Sky Sports.

Who the hell is his agent and let's him make statements like that?????

So, Ivan Toney has returned to football after his ban for placing hundreds of online bets relating to football.

"It feels like we lost wi-fi connection but we're back connected again and reloaded," Toney told Sky Sports.

One that wants people to retweet it or spread it. So everyone knows he's back.

Grats for helping him.

He's also been whoring himself out to 'big clubs' via Sky .. Hope we avoid him like the plague

Exactly how I see it
Worse he will do is have a good career in the top division in France

I think every move how has to be calculated
First team or potential first team
Not squad filler
I think it's a mix.
GK - squad filler
LB/RB - squad filler if BD and ER move on.
AMC - ideally a young back-up.

Overall we don't need much at all. A top class CM would be great, as would a CF. But the existing guys might just be good enough.

We were
Then should be a good move for him and a sensible step up
If have loved us to go for him but we have progressed quicker than I thought

Exactly how I see it
Worse he will do is have a good career in the top division in France
Lyon have been in the relegation zone most of the season.

Winning just 1 game of their first 14.

This evening there was a bit of 'ITK' chat that we are starting to push Brugge hard to secure a deal this window to sign and loan back Nusa because Man Utd will want to try to sort a deal in the summer

Never seen him but heard good things. It would make sense. 18 so could be classed as hg.

If brugge have any sense though they'll wait for summer and get tripple from utd. Although if nusa has sense he'd turn them down.

So going to ajax now.
Won't have to pay that tax

Wonder if he is going there to grow the game as well...

He's really mugged himself off, just 4 months after this:

I wanted something that would excite me. And that’s not to say those clubs wouldn’t excite me because they are great clubs and they come with really different challenges. But it needed to be something that I felt as though I could add value in and do and try something new — a new challenge and for different reasons.

And this opportunity with Stevie (Gerrard) in a totally different league and totally different culture was something completely different, that maybe it would excite us in terms of the project that was put in front of us, in terms of the league and using my experience to try to help with that in many different areas and feeling that people value. It’s nice to feel wanted. I know Stevie really wanted me. I know the club really wanted me to go and they wanted us to try and build over the next few years — something that is here to stay and be one of the best leagues in the world.

He's really mugged himself off, just 4 months after this:

An exercise in how to torch your professional reputation... That statement is such gonad*s. Riddled with maybe's and grandiose ideas.

Make it the best league in the world? You? Having a laugh you greedy clam. Most Liverpool fans wouldn't welcome him back now.

An exercise in how to torch your professional reputation... That statement is such gonad*s. Riddled with maybe's and grandiose ideas.

Make it the best league in the world? You? Having a laugh you greedy clam. Most Liverpool fans wouldn't welcome him back now.
He won't be able to say why he really left, League is brick, no fans, poor quality of football, too hot lol, useless teammates, rubbish facilities, (apparently was shocked at the state of the gym etc. when arrived).. He won't be allowed to tarnish the Saudi leagues reputation so you can bet he's told to say it's personal reasons/family reasons and it's a shame it didn't work out and he wishes the team well blah blah..

So going to ajax now.
Won't have to pay that tax

Wonder if he is going there to grow the game as well...

Maybe not.

If its true he hasn't been paid due to a tax dodge, then that could also explain why the Saudi club are willing to let him go without recovering the transfer fee.

Under UK law, an individual is considered resident for tax purposes if they spend more than 90 days in the country. Henderson is understood to have been advised that up to the end of last year, pro rata he must have spent no more than 21 days in Britain if he wished to be considered non-resident for tax reasons. That limitation in spending time in Britain was the key part of his initial decision to defer any salary payments. Returning to Britain with his young family to visit friends and relatives was also part of the consideration.

As a result, Henderson had not been paid any of the £350,000-per-week salary that he agreed in July. Now that he is leaving Saudi after just six months, it is quite possible that he never will. Sources close to the player say that the expectation is that he will not be paid for the six months he spent in the Saudi Pro League. On Tuesday morning, he agreed with Al-Ettifaq executives that his contract would be cancelled by mutual agreement and he flew back to Britain.

Back