• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Thread

Tottenham Hotspur are monitoring Bournemouth's English forward Dominic Solanke, 26, as they look to sign a striker in the Summer. (Sun)

What are people's views on Solanke? He looks like he could be the real deal if he has the right 'Ange' attitude?
He and Calvert-Lewin seem to be the new Wilson and Watkins. I.e. the level of English forward who can boss mid-table, but never quite take that step up to the big 6 or international level.

Id definitely take him as cover, but he's not as good as Richarlison or Johnson in terms of a starter

I just hope that if we are going for a striker that we go out and buy an out and out striker and not someone who can play out wide aswell as upfront. We need a clinical finisher not another one that pop ups with 6 or 7 goals a season but can play on the wing.

He and Calvert-Lewin seem to be the new Wilson and Watkins. I.e. the level of English forward who can boss mid-table, but never quite take that step up to the big 6 or international level.

Id definitely take him as cover, but he's not as good as Richarlison or Johnson in terms of a starter
I've never been that impressed by Calvert-Lewin or Wilson, Solanke (recently) looks a better player than those two. I think Watkins would be doing a job for us.

I just hope that if we are going for a striker that we go out and buy an out and out striker and not someone who can play out wide aswell as upfront. We need a clinical finisher not another one that pop ups with 6 or 7 goals a season but can play on the wing.
There's not really any of them around. Look at the money Chelsea and United have wasted on absolutely brick in that role. Arsenal havent found one in more than a decade.

Osimhen at Napoli is in a bit of a pool of his own, which is why his price is so high

There's not really any of them around. Look at the money Chelsea and United have wasted on absolutely brick in that role. Arsenal havent found one in more than a decade.

Osimhen at Napoli is in a bit of a pool of his own, which is why his price is so high
osihmen is made of glass though at times

Tottenham are ready to pay £25m to prise 18-year-old Belgium midfielder Arthur Vermeeren from Royal Antwerp - with the deal including a large up-front fee and an agreement to loan the player back to the Pro League champions for the remainder of the season. (Sun)

Tottenham are ready to pay £25m to prise 18-year-old Belgium midfielder Arthur Vermeeren from Royal Antwerp - with the deal including a large up-front fee and an agreement to loan the player back to the Pro League champions for the remainder of the season. (Sun)

Seems a lot of money.

We seem to have an abundance of attacking, attacking midfield and defensive talent coming through the academy, but DM in thosr age groups seems a particular gap, so this could be quite sensible planning

Back