• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Thread

From the Athletic

• CB the priority: Todibo, Dragusin, Tosin + Kelly (currently has muscle injury but has worked with defensive coach Matt Wells at Bournemouth) all on the list
  • Spurs also targeting central midfielder, and that could even take precedence over a forward
  • Will move for Gallagher if Chelsea willing to sell
  • Jota an option, relatively uncomplicated deal to do but depends on what Al ittihad are demanding, loan could suit all parties; Toney seen as unlikely
  • PEH with potential interest from Ajax but hinges of Tottenham’s willingness to include obligation to buy
  • Dier remains far more likely to leave in summer when contract expires

Gallagher is a very good and ready made player. Would fit in well with his pressing and aggression. He's not spectacular on the ball, but he's definitely good on the ball. He had a very good goalscoring record at Palace, but hasn't been able to really replicate that at Chelsea. But reasons to think he would get goals for us. Upgrade on PEH and Skipp imo. Home grown.

Wonder if he could perhaps play the Bissouma role too if given some time to adjust to that role.

Would depend on the cost in the end. But I think he would be a very good signing.

Gallagher is a very good and ready made player. Would fit in well with his pressing and aggression. He's not spectacular on the ball, but he's definitely good on the ball. He had a very good goalscoring record at Palace, but hasn't been able to really replicate that at Chelsea. But reasons to think he would get goals for us. Upgrade on PEH and Skipp imo. Home grown.

Wonder if he could perhaps play the Bissouma role too if given some time to adjust to that role.

Would depend on the cost in the end. But I think he would be a very good signing.
He would be an upgrade on the squad, can fill in a few roles as well.

My concern is his discipline, he's a walking card

He would be an upgrade on the squad, can fill in a few roles as well.

My concern is his discipline, he's a walking card

He's a bit of an asshole ..

I just don't see how this transfer materializes regardless of his qualities (or lack of), won't be popular with their fans, he's getting game time so can't see him forcing a move, he won't get a starting spot here, can't see Chelsea letting him go on the cheap, just no model where it seems to make sense?

I just don't see how this transfer materializes regardless of his qualities (or lack of), won't be popular with their fans, he's getting game time so can't see him forcing a move, he won't get a starting spot here, can't see Chelsea letting him go on the cheap, just no model where it seems to make sense?

Think there would be plenty of minutes for players coming in.

He would take minutes from Lo Celso/Hojberg/Skipps minutes, maybe Bissoumas in recent games as well as he hasn't been playing well.

Chelsea are going to miss out on CL again, they may need to sell more home grown players, seems there is a reluctance around a new contract as well.

This kid is a fudging unit .. looks like a giant in clips. Steps out to intercept a bit, takes a man on, seems to have decent pace.

Gives Todibo the big sell in his discussion/analysis pasted below. I liked reading the apparent detail but have no knowledge of my own to counter or verify these remarks.

Front foot defender
Todibo reminds me very much of Romero in the way he defends currently. He loves to step into midfield to meet the opponent before they can turn and nick the ball. He’s strong in the challenge but times his tackles well. With this style there are obviously times he can be caught out leaving space behind, but it’s a risk worth taking because of his physical capabilities and anticipation. Also there’s times just like Romero, he oversteps the mark, although I don’t think it’s to the same level as the Argentinian. Also this is the exact way Ange likes his players to defend, to snuff out transitions and sustain pressure in the opposition half.

Space Eater
The way this guy can cover ground is mesmerising, he defends large spaces so well. Just like VDV, when he’s in full speed he can catch up to pretty much any attacker which means he handles defending large spaces so well. With his physical capabilities he can also defend 1 vs 1s out wide very effectively using his strength to out muscle wingers, but also his agility is pretty strong to keep up with those who are tricky and want to turn inside and out. These capabilities are vital in our system, where huge spaces are left out wide due to our FBs being very high and narrow.

Composed Passer
Todibo has a fantastic passing range too. At Nice he is probably instructed to go long more often that he would be at Spurs but this does show his ability to switch play, especially from right to left. In terms of breaking lines through midfield, I’d say he probably doesn’t have the intricacy of Romero, but what he does have is an insane level of composure. He loves to bait the press and then pop the ball round opponents with his midfielders. This is something that’ll thrive in the Ange system.

Powerful ball carrier
Todibo’s most useful way of progression is his carrying. He loves to fake to pass it and then step into midfield, using both his speed and strength to get past or outmuscle any opponent trying to press him. Surprisingly for his strong and tall height, he has really nice ball manipulation and body feints which can get him out of intense presses. This is a great way to attract midfielders and open up space for our more creative forward players.

Weaknesses
With all the pros that come with his aggressive defensive style, of course that can lead to him mistiming challenges and leaving space behind him. Furthermore, despite being 6’3 he is not as dominating as you’d think in aerials. His timing can be off in terms of his jumping at times.

Where would he fit
Well we know we need that 3rd CB and ideally they’d be able to cover both Romero and VDV. Todibo can 100% cover Romero, like for like they are very similar. Can he cover VDV though…? He certainly has the technicality to play on the left hand side. He can be pressed on his wrong side and be more than good enough to play through it. Defensively, he’d need some coaching for sure. He’s super aggressive and if playing with Romero he’d probably need to be more passive. He has the pace and ability to defend wide areas but whether he can learn to step off a bit, is yet to be seen. Despite this, he’s a fantastic fit and a brilliant player. I’d say he’s the best player for us on the market, and would be the best signing.

Unless they know he has 3 months to live.

Back