• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

That's got to be written by a Daily Mail journalist. The hatred of the world combined with such a patronising tone is unmistakable

That's got to be written by a Daily Mail journalist. The hatred of the world combined with such a patronising tone is unmistakable

I have read a couple of other bits about Poch not being happy due to transfers but its an easy thing to put together, no transfers=unhappy manager.

I have read a couple of other bits about Poch not being happy due to transfers but its an easy thing to put together, no transfers=unhappy manager.

Except it doesn't fit with anything we know about Poch - his disinterest in transfers compared to coaching, how all our scouts have been sacked and our academy head has taken over as DoF etc.

Except it doesn't fit with anything we know about Poch - his disinterest in transfers compared to coaching, how all our scouts have been sacked and our academy head has taken over as DoF etc.

Does it need to make sense? A journalist will pick it up and run with it soon enough just watch.

Except I think I'm right in saying that there were comments from Poch a couple months ago that he wanted our transfer done by early in pre-season training

The original JJetset‏@jetsetyid 1h1 hour ago
To answer all the DM's in 1 go ffs I'm not the
1f410.png
Nor am I going to comment on a meltdown Carry on
1f44d-1f3fb.png

:):):):)

ITK or personal grumblings? Seems to be coming regularly from the goat. They have a running theme with some over there about everything being Levy's fault.

Also, how is a fee agreed for Barkley good news? Or was it the deal falling through that was the good news? At least then you can have another pop at Levy.

The Goat:

Here's the latest across the Goat's horns.........

Whilst Pochettino understands that we can't sign big stars, he's getting increasingly frustrated that targets agreed to are not being delivered, despite these players being entirely affordable, within our range and agreeing to come. In fact is a number of cases fees have actually been agreed.

He's not getting his choices with some regularity and things aren't at all well between him and the bald man who offers up signings that Poch just doesn't want. He'll continue to say the right things for now but unless things change soon, at some point we'll start to see stories appearing in the media. The Goat's source guesses we might get another season from him at best unless things dramatically improve. But that's just a guess.

The players don't see the new ground as the be all and end all, they want to see ambition to go along with it and as for the wages thing, this isn't player greed, its promises being made and then broken. A number of players are only still here because of Pochettino and if he goes this could all turn very quickly into a nightmare for the man at the top with the majority of our top names leaving.........unless he (once again) makes moves to fix things. He has a VERY accomplished PR or 'spin' department.

On the good news front, a fee for Barkley has been agreed for some while at 20m but soured by last minute changes to deal structure instigated by the man at the top, so it may or may not happen.......and this isn't the first time, there's a long list of deals that never came off due to these last minute attempts to squeeze a bit out of a deal......... Lemar, Batshuayi, Berahino and going further back even Willian etc etc......The Goat hears that the failure to sign these players is down to one man.
I wish I had as good an imagination as some as these guys.... I wonder whether some of them actually even start to believe that they really have been speaking to Pochettino?

I dont know why people get so desperate for transfers. Is it really that, that makes a good team? the better the side you are the less players you need to buy.

Personally I want us to leave some space for youngsters to come through ( CCV, Onomah, Edwards, KWP etc ) so that will enlarge our squad. Now if we buy players then it should be just 1 or 2 that are better or equal to what
we have already in the first XI. That is hard to do. Hence why you normally only see the top teams buy 1 or two in a summer.

I would like to get rid of the chaff though. And that means sissoko. He just does not fit our team. Him out and lets say Lemar in and I would be totally happy with the summer. But that is just me.

So why did he bring Paul Mitchell with him to Spurs. Poch never wanted Mitchell to leave, it was Mitchell getting frustrated with Levy that caused that.

Yes Poch loves coaching but he like every manager sees the benefits of buying players too. You cannot rely on the same set of players forever. Loss of form, loss of motivation, injuries, a manager has to be ready to add to a squad.

"He has a VERY accomplished PR or 'spin' department."

Who DL? Keeps his head down from what we've seen. Maybe he can leak the odd thing via a 3rd party to the press. But a "spin department"? :confused: As for Levy negotiating, well that is his job.

Yes it's his job to negotiate, but maybe just maybe he takes the negotiations and brinkmanship a bit too far most of the time. Plenty of people have said this and he doesn't have his reputation for nothing;)

One recent Levy story involves the signing of Dele.......Levy just didn't see what was so special and was reluctant to spend the 5 mill MK Dons wanted for him. Only constant persuasion and persistence from David Pleat eventually made Levy cave in during the last minutes of the Jan transfer window in 2015. Well done Pleaty:)

Telegraph reporting we want Alfie Mawson from Swansea and are prepared to offer Onomah on a one year loan deal as a sweetener to help the deal

Back