• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

Yes it's his job to negotiate, but maybe just maybe he takes the negotiations and brinkmanship a bit too far most of the time. Plenty of people have said this and he doesn't have his reputation for nothing;)

One recent Levy story involves the signing of Dele.......Levy just didn't see what was so special and was reluctant to spend the 5 mill MK Dons wanted for him. Only constant persuasion and persistence from David Pleat eventually made Levy cave in during the last minutes of the Jan transfer window in 2015. Well done Pleaty:)

The biggest club in the universe thought 5 million was too dear.

If Chelsea can't complete deals for the players they want in an instant, how are we supposed to?

ITK or personal grumblings? Seems to be coming regularly from the goat. They have a running theme with some over there about everything being Levy's fault.

Also, how is a fee agreed for Barkley good news? Or was it the deal falling through that was the good news? At least then you can have another pop at Levy.

The Goat:

Here's the latest across the Goat's horns.........

Whilst Pochettino understands that we can't sign big stars, he's getting increasingly frustrated that targets agreed to are not being delivered, despite these players being entirely affordable, within our range and agreeing to come. In fact is a number of cases fees have actually been agreed.

He's not getting his choices with some regularity and things aren't at all well between him and the bald man who offers up signings that Poch just doesn't want. He'll continue to say the right things for now but unless things change soon, at some point we'll start to see stories appearing in the media. The Goat's source guesses we might get another season from him at best unless things dramatically improve. But that's just a guess.

The players don't see the new ground as the be all and end all, they want to see ambition to go along with it and as for the wages thing, this isn't player greed, its promises being made and then broken. A number of players are only still here because of Pochettino and if he goes this could all turn very quickly into a nightmare for the man at the top with the majority of our top names leaving.........unless he (once again) makes moves to fix things. He has a VERY accomplished PR or 'spin' department.

On the good news front, a fee for Barkley has been agreed for some while at 20m but soured by last minute changes to deal structure instigated by the man at the top, so it may or may not happen.......and this isn't the first time, there's a long list of deals that never came off due to these last minute attempts to squeeze a bit out of a deal......... Lemar, Batshuayi, Berahino and going further back even Willian etc etc......The Goat hears that the failure to sign these players is down to one man.

Ah the faceless Goat, none of them have the bottle to post under their real names and are so full of brick. And all the devotees of him and that other wanabee JJetset bow down to their ramblings. I swear most of the members over there are still at school. ( or at least act like they are).

The biggest club in the universe thought 5 million was too dear.

If Chelsea can't complete deals for the players they want in an instant, how are we supposed to?

Because for other clubs there are obviously valid reasons and multiple factors in play but for us, Daniel Levy has nothing better to do with his time than to drag out each and every negotiation to the nth degree,just for the fun of squeezing every last Euro out of the deal. Obviously.

Yes it's his job to negotiate, but maybe just maybe he takes the negotiations and brinkmanship a bit too far most of the time. Plenty of people have said this and he doesn't have his reputation for nothing;)

One recent Levy story involves the signing of Dele.......Levy just didn't see what was so special and was reluctant to spend the 5 mill MK Dons wanted for him. Only constant persuasion and persistence from David Pleat eventually made Levy cave in during the last minutes of the Jan transfer window in 2015. Well done Pleaty:)

You will always win some and lose others. No team will sign every player they wish to. Ultimately you can only criticism him if you don't like the squad we have. With the budget we have he's alright! We did sign Alli, and all the others...

Every negotiator should push and push to get a better deal.

I know, just wish they would foxtrot oscar and do it somewhere else.

Closet Chelsea fans!

Come on it's not the same without some spurious guff. I've missed it :) Every now and then someone is sitting in a bar or in an airport and you get a genuine photo or true account. I doubt Levy conducts his meetings in public bars anymore though, after an ITK eavesdropped and posted it online!

pretty sure it was Mitchell who pushed for Alli having scouted him whilst at Southampton

Are we really going to buy a player this transfer window?

Yes, but not til much later. I'm a big Levy fan but I really believe that he pushes deals back to cut corners on wages. I also dont think we'll sign the 3-4 players we need this window nor that those that we do bring in will be anywhere close to the right quality

Yes, but not til much later. I'm a big Levy fan but I really believe that he pushes deals back to cut corners on wages. I also dont think we'll sign the 3-4 players we need this window nor that those that we do bring in will be anywhere close to the right quality

But what players of better quality than we have have been available and be brought so far?

If we kept all players and count on them to improve would it be a bad thing?

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

Not if they improved but it's a risk and players at other sides will improve too

As I said earlier, who has been brought so far by anyonentahs better than what we have? Silva would have been nice but isn't imo Bette Ethan we have. Lacazette??? I like him but not a patch on Kane. Anyone at Everton? Nah!!!

I don't want us buying For the sake of it and it felt like that in hindsight with sissoko

We should only buy players who will make the first team better as despite all the complaints out squad got us second last year despite a hell of a lot of injuries

pretty sure it was Mitchell who pushed for Alli having scouted him whilst at Southampton

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-and-how-dele-alli-really-signed-for-the-club

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/03/2...vid-pleat-explains-why-he-persuaded-daniel-l/

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tottenham-...half-years-before-signing-him-mk-dons-1530618

Obviously Mitchell would have known about Dele too, he is very good at his job and he will be a loss when he moves on, but it was Pleat who got this deal over the line

Fair enough - there was an article not so long ago about Mitchells involvevent and how Poch was aware of the player via him but I can't seem to find it now

Not if they improved but it's a risk and players at other sides will improve too

As I said earlier, who has been brought so far by anyonentahs better than what we have? Silva would have been nice but isn't imo Bette Ethan we have. Lacazette??? I like him but not a patch on Kane. Anyone at Everton? Nah!!!

I don't want us buying For the sake of it and it felt like that in hindsight with sissoko

We should only buy players who will make the first team better as despite all the complaints out squad got us second last year despite a hell of a lot of injuries

I would have liked us to have signed a couple of youngsters. Sessegnon, Brereton are two from the championship who have big futures and Bruma at Galatasaray looks like a kid with lots of potential.

Poch likes youngsters, their wages will fit in with our structure so that should make Levy happy. Win win.

I would have liked us to have signed a couple of youngsters. Sessegnon, Brereton are two from the championship who have big futures and Bruma at Galatasaray looks like a kid with lots of potential.

Poch likes youngsters, their wages will fit in with our structure so that should make Levy happy. Win win.
I would be happy with that. But as it is now we dont seem to be in a hurry for either. But who knows? Perhaps there's going to be a big reveal. I imagine that the Nike sponsorship comes with better benefits and image rights for players.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

Back