• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

I bet Levy has a 50% sell on clause.

Swansea "We want 25mil"
Levy "That means you would owe us 12.5 mil and we owe you 12.5mil"
Swansea "Um ....OK"
Levy "So that 12.5mil you owe us, just put that against the 12.5mil we owe you and call it quits."
Swansea " Um....seems fair."

Sounds more like a Boss Hogg negotiation with that clown Rosco

2d0a2328109c7a65190f6a6cc823a71d.jpg

I understand your point but he effectively will be a backup player whatever way you dress it up. Rotating full backs is more a physical necessity rather than a tactical one. Sure he will get a fair number of games but Eriksen will start more than not especially in the important matches. In saying that I'd love him back, I thought we were a little too hasty in moving him on, but I can't see him wanting to come.

Well I guess we might as well forget about our strengthening our team then because why bother buying a good player if we cannot guarantee him a start right?

Apparently he has run the furthest of all players in the PL - Eriksen second behind him.
So effort won't be something that needs to be instilled.

True enough, but there is a lot more to our game than that. The rotation of our front players comes to mind first.

True enough, but there is a lot more to our game than that. The rotation of our front players comes to mind first.

Of course, which is why I stopped short of saying anything naive about him being a perfect signing that can clearly go straight into our system.
There's tactical awareness for him to be clear on. However, he has played in central and wide positions, I would hope that fluidity within-game is something that he can quite readily adjust to.

Just watched a YouTube video of some French midfielder from Nice that we are apparently interested in and naturally the video has me sold.

We are now at a stage where we need to improve our team and bring back Sigurdsson would not do that, he could be a bench player who replaces Eriksen in matches but he's no starter in that role, He's not as fit, his movement isn't as good, his first touch is average and he slows play down. He's playing well in a team where their expectations are far lower than ours and teams don't park the bus against them. He's a nice player but we've moved on.

As far as i know he has the same assists and scored one more goal then Eriksen in the Prem, and that is in a team that has struggled for most of the season, i have also read somewhere that he has covered the same distance in matches as Eriksen.

As far as i know he has the same assists and scored one more goal then Eriksen in the Prem, and that is in a team that has struggled for most of the season, i have also read somewhere that he has covered the same distance in matches as Eriksen.

More distance

He takes a mean set piece too

As you say it's a matter of opinions, it appears from the "stats" his fitness has improved but I felt he struggled when he was here before and I'm concerned that from what I've seen he loses possession a lot and can't "do it" when the pressure is on.

I'd welcome Siggurdson back with open arms.

Id like Siggy back. Eriksen cannot seem to score a Free kick at all these days? Siggy would fit in well in both our systems, which we did not play when he was here. for 25m he is a bargain. Lovely player. 10 x better than Sissoko.

Id like Siggy back. Eriksen cannot seem to score a Free kick at all these days? Siggy would fit in well in both our systems, which we did not play when he was here. for 25m he is a bargain. Lovely player. 10 x better than Sissoko.

Not sure he would get enough games to get the same amount of free kicks but useful option to have

Back