• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

Some really flaky inconsistent players there

Don't disagree that we would benefit from that type of player but we need one who can have a consistent impact - maybe that's son

Yep, and none of those listed could dream of 21 goals in a season. Son is the man.

And I'd certainly take Gylfi back. Great option and cover for both Alli and Eriksen in a 3-4-2-1 and could allow Eriksen to drop deeper into CM if needed in a 4-2-3-1 too.

The Ex Chelski guy from Roma would be perfect for us. Salah??? prem experience and always sliced us a new one. Can we get him out of Roma though?

Part of the problem with Gylfi last time around was that he struggled to be effective in a wide role. Not watched Swansea much, but not sure if he's played there for them. If his distance covered numbers have increased that would be a positive sign though.

For us Alli plays the more central attacking midfielder role for us must of the time though there is obviously a lot of movement. Eriksen does really well starting in that wider role.

Overall I see Sigurdsson more as a potential backup to Alli than Eriksen. Thing is, as a backup to Alli we also have the option of moving Eriksen into the central role with Son or Lamela coming into the team (depending on the system), or going with two up front. I'm not convinced
Sigurdsson is a clearly better option than those.

I think someone more comfortable in wider roles (perhaps with more pace) might give us more flexibility and be better overall. But if Poch wants Sigurdsson I'm not at all against it.

Part of the problem with Gylfi last time around was that he struggled to be effective in a wide role. Not watched Swansea much, but not sure if he's played there for them. If his distance covered numbers have increased that would be a positive sign though.

For us Alli plays the more central attacking midfielder role for us must of the time though there is obviously a lot of movement. Eriksen does really well starting in that wider role.

Overall I see Sigurdsson more as a potential backup to Alli than Eriksen. Thing is, as a backup to Alli we also have the option of moving Eriksen into the central role with Son or Lamela coming into the team (depending on the system), or going with two up front. I'm not convinced

I think someone more comfortable in wider roles (perhaps with more pace) might give us more flexibility and be better overall. But if Poch wants Sigurdsson I'm not at all against it.

Maybe GKN next season? Or Sissoko, although convincing people of the viability of that option seems a lost cause amongst most Spurs fans :(

Also, I find it interesting that this talk of Sigurdsson succeeded talk of us going after Davy Klaassen (of Ajax), who plays with a similar style in a similar role - and this, in turn, succeeded the original chatter about us going after Barkley, who (again) has largely played in that Alli-esque role for Everton this season.

What's interesting about that sequence is that Everton were linked with Klaassen as a replacement for Barkley, and then were linked with Sigurdsson as well. It could all be the media putting 2 + 2 together and making 6, but I suspect that, *if* any of this is remotely true, that triangular rollercoaster will end up with us getting one of those three and Everton getting another one. If they agree to let Barkley go for a reasonably price, they get one of Siggy or Klaassen - if they don't, we get one of those two instead.

Three very similar players in terms of style which makes it more believable. Higher priority is an attacking player with some pace and ability to beat a man

He would be a mug to go to Liverpool

How many young players have made it there recently?

That Gomez has vanished now

Joe Gomez missed a year with a torn ACL and has had a couple of other niggling injuries since returning. Trent Alexander-Arnold(18) and Ben Woodburn(17) have made a dozen PL appearances between them this season and both have started games, several other youngsters have played here and there as well so whilst it would be a stretch to say any of them have "made it", Klopp has shown that the chances are there.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/05/21/agent-maybe-everton-or-west-ham-but-man-city-wont-sell-iheanacho-to-spurs/

Emirates Marketing Project out of favour striker has courted interest from lot of teams in Europe with English side Tottenham Hotspur the latest to be linked with the forward.

City want a straight cash deal for the forward in the region of £20m and not loan as speculated in some quarters. A fee that most teams in England can afford with West Ham and Everton also linked with the 20 year old.

However while City have made it clear to the Nigerian that he can leave, they have however made it clear to him and his advisers that a move to any of their title rivals won’t be accepted.

Spurs are one of the teams City view as title rivals, and selling a prolific forward to them will be more like strengthening a rival, something coach of Emirates Marketing Project Pep Guardiola won’t accept.

” It’s clear he won’t be sold to a direct title rival by Emirates Marketing Project, so when I see the reported interest from Spurs, I know if it becomes official it will be dismissed outrightly, but Everton and West Ham we will have to wait and see”, his intermediary told Owngoalnigeria.com.

SO let me get this right, they want us to sell them Walker but they do not want to sell us Iheanacho

Who the fudge with that talent is going to leave Emirates Marketing Project and go to Everton or West ham at his age, who the fudge writes these things.
He could easily get game time at a title challenging side in any of the top 5 leagues.

Who the fudge with that talent is going to leave Emirates Marketing Project and go to Everton or West ham at his age, who the fudge writes these things.
He could easily get game time at a title challenging side in any of the top 5 leagues.

He is already at a top 4 team and he is hardly playing so what constitutes "game time"? At least at Everton and West Ham he gets to play every week and they would both probably play the £100K a week. He would have no chance of playing regularly at Utd next season, and to be honest Levy will not pay him £100K a week

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/05/21/agent-maybe-everton-or-west-ham-but-man-city-wont-sell-iheanacho-to-spurs/

Emirates Marketing Project out of favour striker has courted interest from lot of teams in Europe with English side Tottenham Hotspur the latest to be linked with the forward.

City want a straight cash deal for the forward in the region of £20m and not loan as speculated in some quarters. A fee that most teams in England can afford with West Ham and Everton also linked with the 20 year old.

However while City have made it clear to the Nigerian that he can leave, they have however made it clear to him and his advisers that a move to any of their title rivals won’t be accepted.

Spurs are one of the teams City view as title rivals, and selling a prolific forward to them will be more like strengthening a rival, something coach of Emirates Marketing Project Pep Guardiola won’t accept.

” It’s clear he won’t be sold to a direct title rival by Emirates Marketing Project, so when I see the reported interest from Spurs, I know if it becomes official it will be dismissed outrightly, but Everton and West Ham we will have to wait and see”, his intermediary told Owngoalnigeria.com.

SO let me get this right, they want us to sell them Walker but they do not want to sell us Iheanacho
Exactly why we shouldn't entertain the idea of selling Walker to City. If he's desperate to leave then he can go abroad or to Sheffield United.

He is already at a top 4 team and he is hardly playing so what constitutes "game time"? At least at Everton and West Ham he gets to play every week and they would both probably play the £100K a week. He would have no chance of playing regularly at Utd next season, and to be honest Levy will not pay him £100K a week
It would be a major step down for him. He is likely to have to go backwards from city, but not that far back from CL to relegation dog fight at West ham?

Back