• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

we're in an interesting position atm, relatively speaking in England we arent big spenders, in terms of wages, but outside of the PL we can probably match anyone outside of the two Spanish clubs and the money doped ones - so with Wembley and then NWHL on the horizon, consecutive title challenges and CL campaigns i wonder whether we might be in a position to raise the level of our targets... could we tempt, for example, players from clubs at an Athletico Madrid/Dortmund level? not saying we can prize those particular clubs prized assets away, but i think we're a much more attractive proposition than not so long ago - and with a squad that doesn't need wholesale changes maybe we can think a bit bigger if we're only looking for one 'key' signing per window, whilst still being able to target the likes of Sessegnon and other similar youngsters

We can compete and tempt relatively successful players from big clubs, but the issue remains, the ones we'd want will likely also be wanted by City, Chelsea etc. Nothing new there, Chelsea guzumped us with Willian, Hazard etc. Instead, like a young lion, we have to wait until the elite clubs have eaten their fill, and then move. Or we find good players who are slightly under the radar, like Wanyama and Toby A. We have to see potential in players who are not at big clubs but have the ability.

As you and @LemonadeMoney outlined, we need two types of signing, younger with potential and those that can instantly improve the first team. Ideally both, as with Alli.

We can compete and tempt relatively successful players from big clubs, but the issue remains, the ones we'd want will likely also be wanted by City, Chelsea etc. Nothing new there, Chelsea guzumped us with Willian, Hazard etc. Instead, like a young lion, we have to wait until the elite clubs have eaten their fill, and then move. Or we find good players who are slightly under the radar, like Wanyama and Toby A. We have to see potential in players who are not at big clubs but have the ability.

As you and @LemonadeMoney outlined, we need two types of signing, younger with potential and those that can instantly improve the first team. Ideally both, as with Alli.

That is why we should go for Sessegnon and Billing.

we're in an interesting position atm, relatively speaking in England we arent big spenders, in terms of wages, but outside of the PL we can probably match anyone outside of the two Spanish clubs and the money doped ones - so with Wembley and then NWHL on the horizon, consecutive title challenges and CL campaigns i wonder whether we might be in a position to raise the level of our targets... could we tempt, for example, players from clubs at an Athletico Madrid/Dortmund level? not saying we can prize those particular clubs prized assets away, but i think we're a much more attractive proposition than not so long ago - and with a squad that doesn't need wholesale changes maybe we can think a bit bigger if we're only looking for one 'key' signing per window, whilst still being able to target the likes of Sessegnon and other similar youngsters

It's exactly something I highlighted earlier

We're a club on the up with great prospects and finances and an outstanding manager. Add in London and we're hugely attractive

We do have a problem of how we upgrade as we're that good a side but unless it's one of the genuine mega sides or doped sides we have a great chance of any player we deem suitable

Maybe Poch thinks an old head and proven winner is the final piece in the jigsaw? If he does then I'd be tempted to agree with him.

Agree wages would be an issue, but maybe a desire to live in London and experience the Premier League might overcome that.

Mind you, it's probably nothing more than click bait.

Maybe Poch thinks an old head and proven winner is the final piece in the jigsaw? If he does then I'd be tempted to agree with him.

Agree wages would be an issue, but maybe a desire to live in London and experience the Premier League might overcome that.

He seems ideal for Chelsea.

I really think we need an old head in this team that knows what it is to win league titles - look at the impact that Edgar Davids and VDV had when they joined our team.

Missing piece of the puzzle if you ask me.

Dier to Utd and Rose to City is today's nonsense in the gossip columns.

I can see Sissoko doing a job at Barca or Real, to be fair - programme seller or steward. Is his agent on drugs?

Just seen that Jan Kirchoff at Sunderland is out of contract. I think I would take him, DM/CB who has actually looked good in midfield for a really poor side. Had a nightmare against us on his debut last season but when I've watched him since he has looked decent.

So hope Atletico don't have their transfer ban overturned, would desperately want us to go for Lacazette. I think we need only 2-3 players with some outs and one of them really needs to catch the imagination imo.

Back