• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

all i was saying was we can afford him.If he comes i d rather it be with Janssen still here .Gives us different options.
Ok 48 hours to go we need another striking option who do you go for?

Kane, Son and Janssen are just fine. We had the best attack in the league last season.

It's AM options that we are short of . Other than Aurier, Sancho is the one I really want

We are a Tier2 club.. Thats a FACT, its not settling its not accepting failure. its that we are not one of europe's elite.

If i was a players agent and we called id advise my player, hold tight whilst i ring around and see if i can get a Tier1 club interested.
So we wait until late because we are holding out for players that are probably Tier1 quality.

We have no idea on who or what we have offered to players, so its pretty stupid to suggest otherwise, look at the Berahino thing, everyone went crazy then later we find out he had a drugs ban and has done absolutely nothing in last 3yrs.

We went early on Will.i.an and got gazumped and people went mental.
Everyone shouts "weve got Alli" but if we buy somebody for less that 50mil they are brick.

I actually want us to make a "name" signing just so it makes spurs more pleasurable to support and i dont have to see the constant bile. Luckily at the games people seem far less kneejerk..

Rant over - Roll on Sep 1st

Solution for you, my friend:

1) Stop drinking. And if that doesn't help:
2) Find a sugar daddy club to support.

[Update 54] Grey Fox Ducks in a row
Discussion in 'SC ITK' started by Grey Fox, Yesterday at 7:39 PM.

1. been told all of our ducks bar one have been lined up in a row and just the picture with the shirt to come in next couple of days.

The odd one will be special if it comes off
624.jpg
Hmmm...bit of a strange phone that. The number dials are on top, giving it a bit of an upside down feel.

Banana strange notwithstanding of course...

We are a Tier2 club.. Thats a FACT, its not settling its not accepting failure. its that we are not one of europe's elite.

If i was a players agent and we called id advise my player, hold tight whilst i ring around and see if i can get a Tier1 club interested.
So we wait until late because we are holding out for players that are probably Tier1 quality.

We have no idea on who or what we have offered to players, so its pretty stupid to suggest otherwise, look at the Berahino thing, everyone went crazy then later we find out he had a drugs ban and has done absolutely nothing in last 3yrs.

We went early on Will.i.an and got gazumped and people went mental.
Everyone shouts "weve got Alli" but if we buy somebody for less that 50mil they are brick.

I actually want us to make a "name" signing just so it makes spurs more pleasurable to support and i dont have to see the constant bile. Luckily at the games people seem far less kneejerk..

Rant over - Roll on Sep 1st

Fair points.

As I pointed out/asked at the start of the window - how many players fit the following criteria:

1.Available
2.Would come to us (as a club)
3.Would come to us (wages)
4.We can afford/would pay the transfer fee
5.Improve first team squad (first 14/15 players)
6.No other club better than us is interested

There won't be many on the list I can assure you of that! That is why we have to end up taking a punt on lower tier players that some fans seem to turn their nose up to.

Show me players better than Barkley, Mahrez, and Origi that fit the above criteria. I'm genuinely interested in who is out there.

Fair points.

As I pointed out/asked at the start of the window - how many players fit the following criteria:

1.Available

There won't be many on the list I can assure you of that! That is why we have to end up taking a punt on lower tier players that some fans seem to turn their nose up to.

Show me players better than Barkley, Mahrez, and Origi that fit the above criteria. I'm genuinely interested in who is out there.
I'm not even sure those players fit in with those criteria!

Fair points.

1.Available

Most of you criteria I understand however the 'improve first team squad (first 14/15 players)' I dont get given that for a lot of Spurs fans, I think this window was more about adding depth to the squad rather than necessarily being able to improve the starting 11. I think most of us recognise that we had a squad last year where around 14-15 players were somewhat interchangable without any meaningful drop in quality, however in some places cover wasnt of the same quality...therefore expanding that squad size of similar ability players to more like 18 would have been the primary goal of the window.

Most of you criteria I understand however the 'improve first team squad (first 14/15 players)' I dont get given that for a lot of Spurs fans, I think this window was more about adding depth to the squad rather than necessarily being able to improve the starting 11. I think most of us recognise that we had a squad last year where around 14-15 players were somewhat interchangable without any meaningful drop in quality, however in some places cover wasnt of the same quality...therefore expanding that squad size of similar ability players to more like 18 would have been the primary goal of the window.

Yes I would agree with most of that (I didn't mention improving the 11). My point was merely to highlight how hard it is to get the right players in. Whether we say 14,15 or 18 is by the by.

Yes I would agree with most of that (I didn't mention improving the 11). My point was merely to highlight how hard it is to get the right players in. Whether we say 14,15 or 18 is by the by.

Yep, agreed, though I actually think there's quite a material difference between:

- difficulty in getting in players to improve the quality of first 11 or first 14/15 players
- difficulty in getting in players to expand the number of those similar quality players from 14/15 to say 18

The first is clearly very difficult given our financial constraints; I think the second is a lot more do-able with the likes of Sanchez and Barkley being going examples (note: for clarity, I wouldnt have had Wimmer in the 14/15 players but Sanchez I would, hence it increasing the number by 1)

Tottenham move to land in-demand Demarai Gray with Leicester winger desperate for regular action
Gray has featured in all three of Leicester's games so far - but for a combined total of just 32 minutes

BYJAMES NURSEY
  • 10:45, 30 AUG 2017

Tottenham have jumped to the front of the queue in the race for Demarai Gray.

England Under-21 starlet Gray wants Leicester to play him or sell him. Bournemouth have offered nearly £30million for the attacking ace.

But Mirror Sport understands Spurs are now trying to sign Gray as well and are understood to have tabled a hefty straight cash bid.

Unsettled Gray, 21, hit out this summer after only making nine Premier League starts last term.

The skilful winger is desperate for more game-time after impressing on international duty with England's U21s.

But Gray has still not broken into the Foxes' starting line-up in the Premier League despite fellow winger Riyad Mahrez asking to leave.

Foxes boss Craig Shakespeare has only used Gray off the bench in City's first three League games.

It has left Gray hugely frustrated - especially as despite Leicester rejecting big bids for him he is only on around £25,000-a-week at the King Power, way short of the top earners like Jamie Vardy on £100,000-a-week.

Gray added to his reputation with an impressive performance and goal in last Tuesday's – Carabao Cup win at Championship Sheffield United.
He scored a fine solo goal to open the scoring at Bramall Lane on his first start this season. But he still found himself back on the bench for Saturday's loss at Manchester United.

He has since been linked with a move to Crystal Palace too as part of a swap deal for Andros Townsend but that is no longer on the cards.

Gray's prospects at the King Power could improve hugely if Riyad Mahrez leaves.

Mahrez wants to go to Serie A side Roma but the Italian outfit are struggling to get anywhere near his £50m valuation.

We just need some numbers in the squad so we have decent replacements and options off the bench, hopefully we will pull something out of the bag.

Cant say I really hold an informed opinion of him.

I know he looked good at Birmingham, and was a little surprised we showed no interest at all when Leicester came in. He went for something like £3.5m iirc and the whole deal is exactly the sort of business we normally do.

At Leicester Ive seen very little of him, though I wonder how it reflects upon him when he can barely get a game.

As a player he has always come in off the wing a lot, at least in his championship days, so Im not sure Id class him as a pure winger to be honest.

And thats about it, my in depth analysis :(

Not that I dont like Gray, but with the way we play we seem a bit of a graveyard for wingers these days....

He doesnt really play like a Aaron Lennon, hugging-the-touchline type winger though does he? More like a Raheem Sterling who cuts inside a lot. At least in my mind he is. £30m likely price=tag doesnt particularly surprise though in this market....question is whether you can get better for that sort of money. Abroad you probably can, though you then have a greater risk of the player settling etc in England. I think we need someone with pace and/or dribbling ability in attacking areas so if he's the best available....

Last edited:
He doesnt really play like a Aaron Lennon, hugging-the-touchline type winger though does he? More like a Raheem Sterling who cuts inside a lot. At least in my mind he is. £30m likely price=tag doesnt particularly surprise though in this market....probably is whether you can get better for that sort of money. Abroad you probably can, though you then have a greater risk of the player settling etc in England. I think we need someone with pace and/or dribbling ability in attacking areas so if he's the best available....
You could be right to be fair. I recollect him hugging the touchline a lot, but I do seem him cutting in and shooting a fair bit which could work for us.....

Back