• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

Sessegnon is the one I would REALLY like us to sign out of all the targets we have been linked with.

If we go with the Roberts 3-signings this week ITK. I would hope is he the Championship player. Probably Foyth and maybe Diop is the midfielder are the other two?
That would all be great, but I do think we need a striker - one hopes VJ will step up and Alli and Son get their goals, but competition for Harry would be a good thing imo...

That would all be great, but I do think we need a striker - one hopes VJ will step up and Alli and Son get their goals, but competition for Harry would be a good thing imo...

I agree. Just basing those 3 I mentioned on the Roberts tweet. Get the feeling the club are prepared to go with Kane and Son and hope Janssen shows continued improvement.
As many have alluded to, our problem with signing a striker is that whoever we go for, they know they will be playing 2nd fiddle to Kane. Its who we can get who is half-decent but is prepared to be that 2nd fiddle

I agree. Just basing those 3 I mentioned on the Roberts tweet. Get the feeling the club are prepared to go with Kane and Son and hope Janssen shows continued improvement.
As many have alluded to, our problem with signing a striker is that whoever we go for, they know they will be playing 2nd fiddle to Kane. Its who we can get who is half-decent but is prepared to be that 2nd fiddle

As I mentioned earlier, not strictly necessary if we switch to two up front (three at the back, five in midfield, two up front), in which case Kane + Son and Janssen + someone like Son would actually be fairly interchangeable partnerships, and all the players involved would get more playing time than would otherwise be the case.

A buy with a loan back would secure Rose's successor for next summer?

Again would be a huge surprise. As I understood it, next summer back in. We run a risk, but he does want to play here. We shall see. 'Tis the transfer window, but I think this is safely in the zone if 'whipped ferver' the likes of which we are going to see plenty of in the coming days...like this Aurier link, which to me appears to be tosh! The one possibility that DOES intrigue me is whether we make another push for King late. Heard nothing to suggest we would, but pacy attacking options are certainly something we could do with...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Yesterday there was no rapid pace in our starting lineup yesterday and apart from Son there was no proven goals or creativity on the bench so I will be disappointed if we do not bring in any attacking talent

Sessegnon is too young for this season..imo..so he would be a waste of a signing.

I agree with @Gazza

If you think he is not good enough fine, however you cannot really claim that he too young to play for us when at the same age Rooney was playing for England. What ever the issue you cannot validly say age is the problem rather it is a case of is he good enough at the moment

Personally I'd see if he could play for the first team before making a rash decision

I was thinking on the line that Fulham would probably be more willing to do the deal if they could keep him for this season. Added to that Rose will probably be back next month and I would rather he have regular first team football

Back