• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Cannot believe we're about to finish a second transfer window with only one out and out CF in the squad.....we pretty much all believe in Poch but the risk seems crazy to me
We have a huge huge chance to win the league in this one off farce of a season and we spend fudge all strengthening where we need to, deja vu for 2011 for me

Massive chance missed

To Dare is to Do apparently

We have a huge huge chance to win the league in this one off farce of a season and we spend fudge all strengthening where we need to, deja vu for 2011 for me

Massive chance missed

Yes, I'm not even that bothered that we haven't signed a £20m player. Just a CF to cover Kane - even a stop-gap like Ricky Lambert or kid like Dembele. Just someone who plays as an out and out CF

Interesting that despite only having 15 games to play Leicester see the need to have cover for Vardy (their £11.5 million bid for Loic Remy) whereas we seem to be prepared to accept the risk of needing to play Kane for potentially 25 or so games.

Its not exciting or what we are used to ... but id take calm and measure over last minute stop gap signings.

This current set up I trust, and if the players that we cant get in Jan is the story so be it. We are punching above our weight and I would love us to sign messi but its not going to happen. Realistically we have flooded our bench with good players and I couldn't pick any player at the moment that we are desperate to replace.

A striker perhaps but which team are going to let the kind of player that we need leave in Jan?

Again, as I posted elsewhere, a 6 month stop gap would have been fine. Doesn't need to be an expensive signing

Yes, I'm not even that bothered that we haven't signed a £20m player. Just a CF to cover Kane - even a stop-gap like Ricky Lambert or kid like Dembele. Just someone who plays as an out and out CF

From watching what Poch has done over the last 18 months, both of them would be behind the players currently here (like Chadli and Son) when it comes to getting on the pitch. What would then be the point other than Dembele for future seasons?

Doumbia on loan to Saudi Sportswashing Machine is the one that I find the most puzzling in terms of why we weren't sniffing if I look at the deals that have been done/are being negotiated.

Massive chance missed

I didn't realize the season was over...

Doumbia on loan to Saudi Sportswashing Machine is the one that I find the most puzzling in terms of why we weren't sniffing if I look at the deals that have been done/are being negotiated.

I would be extremely surprised if his agent didn't attempt to flog him to most of the clubs in the league. For all we know, Poch said no.

I would be extremely surprised if his agent didn't attempt to flog him to most of the clubs in the league. For all we know, Poch said no.
That's what I find strange.... His agent would absolutely have been punting him round. He is a number 9, has a good, consistent goal scoring record, works hard, is reasonably powerful, scores all types of goals and seemed to be available on a 6 month loan. If we don't have anything else lined up, then Doumbia would've been the perfect short term back up.

Emineke that West Ham have brought in on loan is another similar type of short term cover signing that has been made. In this case I could understand us not being interested as he is all pace and power with little skill, but Doumbia is a good player.

From watching what Poch has done over the last 18 months, both of them would be behind the players currently here (like Chadli and Son) when it comes to getting on the pitch. What would then be the point other than Dembele for future seasons?

Lambert knows Poch and Poch knows Lambert. Lambert has scored plenty of goals in England. He knows the PL. I haven't heard anything about him being a bad egg.....makes sense to me

I said early on that I didn't think we'd bring anyone in. Not a surprise, but very disappointing, and I fear we will have to pay for it later.

Last edited:
And when you see stoke blow £18m on a DM, Saudi Sportswashing Machine have signed GHod knows how much, just heard that Everton are spending £13m on someone.....whilst we've brought in £12m from Townsend and cut the wage bill a little by loaning out Fazio....and we cant find a CF to provide some cover for Kane?!?!?

I know we're building a stadium but still.....

Wasn't Doumbia the guy there was a picture of in our car park a couple of seasons ago? I seem to remember that.

Still 4 hours left of the window. Let's do some magic. :D We'll probably end up presenting Shilo Tracey as a new signing.

And when you see stoke blow £18m on a DM, Saudi Sportswashing Machine have signed GHod knows how much, just heard that Everton are spending £13m on someone.....whilst we've brought in £12m from Townsend and cut the wage bill a little by loaning out Fazio....and we cant find a CF to provide some cover for Kane?!?!?

Stoke, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Everton would kill for our record of signings and league positions over the last ten years or so.

Don't you think that if we wanted to bring in someone just to make up the numbers we would have done something?

Don't you think that if we wanted to bring in someone just to make up the numbers we would have done something?

My point was that others are doing business (granted, not everyone), yet we're not. The question is whether we're we not signing a CF because Levy wont allow the spend, or because Poch really doesn't want a second CF in the squad.

Leicester are apparently after Remy so that the have a 4th CF in the squad....we don't even have two

Back