• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Would Negredo be happy to come here to be pretty much a clear cut backup to Kane?

Didn't seem happy with a backup role at Emirates Marketing Project, though that's a couple of years ago.

He'd be 1 of our 2 CFs. At City he was 1 of 3/4

There's also the Euros coming up in the summer, so he has to move in January no matter what

To be honest, I cannot see us signing Negredo.

I thought that till I read that he's only on £75k and isn't even getting into the matchday squad since his fall-out with the coach.

He's obviously a bit old for a core Poch signing, but then Poch signed Vorm when he knew he needed a safe pair of hands (ironic now) back-up type player.

I thought that till I read that he's only on £75k and isn't even getting into the matchday squad since his fall-out with the coach.

He's obviously a bit old for a core Poch signing, but then Poch signed Vorm when he knew he needed a safe pair of hands (ironic now) back-up type player.

Vorm is not exactly old for a keeper though.

I cannot see us paying £75k for a back up striker. A move for a player like Dembele makes a lot more sense to me.

He'd be 1 of our 2 CFs. At City he was 1 of 3/4

There's also the Euros coming up in the summer, so he has to move in January no matter what

At City he was 3rd/4th for two striking positions for most games as Pellegrini played a 4-4-2 formation most games. Being 3rd for to positions is closer to a regular start than being 2nd for 1. We could move Kane deeper, but with Eriksen, Lamela, Son and Dembele doing well and Chadli+Pritchard also available in a while I can't see that being used much with Kane getting regular goals and looking on fire.

There's also a chane that Son or Clinton getting game time as a striker ahead of Negredo if we want a pacey option up front.

It just really doesn't seem like a great situation if Negredo really wants to get into the Euro squad.

He is also 30 and never seemed like the most mobile player. How is he going to fit into Pochettino's pressing style where you're expected to work your socks off every game? Llorente is essentially getting zero game time at Juve it seems. He at least was a good fit in a Bielsa system for a season at Bilbao... Juve also have Zaza getting limited game time, though possibly too soon for another move. Shame that Mandzukic is getting games for them as he probably would be an even better fit for us, though again questions about him accepting a backup role would be obvious.

I wouldn't mind an older striker as a backup option, but I don't think Negredo seems like a particularly good fit for us or him. I think a younger striker like perhaps Embolo or Dembele would be just as good and there are more options to sign making it easier to find one that fits our style I think.

Kane is putting us in a fantastic position by continuing his good form though. Allows us to go for a younger striker with bags of potential rather than someone more proven.

I cannot see us paying £75k for a back up striker. A move for a player like Dembele makes a lot more sense to me.

I remember a year or so ago £70k was our average salary. That will be lower now because of shifting Ade and most of our senior players, but it's not beyond our normal range.

I certainly wouldn't mind a teenager like Dembele instead, although we do already have Njie as our raw 'one for the future'. The thing you don't really want is a back-up CF at their peak.

I agree it wouldn't fit with the general philosophy, but I do think there will be space for the odd experienced head to compliment the squad.

I'm not sure Negredo would really fit with our style of play though

I remember a year or so ago £70k was our average salary. That will be lower now because of shifting Ade and most of our senior players, but it's not beyond our normal range.

I certainly wouldn't mind a teenager like Dembele instead, although we do already have Njie as our raw 'one for the future'. The thing you don't really want is a back-up CF at their peak.

Can you back up that 70k was our average salary? Seems awfully high, can't imagine we'd have had many players above that to level off the majority which will be way below it

Can you back up that 70k was our average salary? Seems awfully high, can't imagine we'd have had many players above that to level off the majority which will be way below it

Sorry - I can't find/remember where it was from

A very crude calculation suggests its ballpark though:

Our accounted wage expenditure is £100m
Divide by 25 players = £4m pa
Which = £77k pw

At City he was 3rd/4th for two striking positions for most games as Pellegrini played a 4-4-2 formation most games. Being 3rd for to positions is closer to a regular start than being 2nd for 1. We could move Kane deeper, but with Eriksen, Lamela, Son and Dembele doing well and Chadli+Pritchard also available in a while I can't see that being used much with Kane getting regular goals and looking on fire.

There's also a chane that Son or Clinton getting game time as a striker ahead of Negredo if we want a pacey option up front.

It just really doesn't seem like a great situation if Negredo really wants to get into the Euro squad.

He is also 30 and never seemed like the most mobile player. How is he going to fit into Pochettino's pressing style where you're expected to work your socks off every game? Llorente is essentially getting zero game time at Juve it seems. He at least was a good fit in a Bielsa system for a season at Bilbao... Juve also have Zaza getting limited game time, though possibly too soon for another move. Shame that Mandzukic is getting games for them as he probably would be an even better fit for us, though again questions about him accepting a backup role would be obvious.

I wouldn't mind an older striker as a backup option, but I don't think Negredo seems like a particularly good fit for us or him. I think a younger striker like perhaps Embolo or Dembele would be just as good and there are more options to sign making it easier to find one that fits our style I think.

Kane is putting us in a fantastic position by continuing his good form though. Allows us to go for a younger striker with bags of potential rather than someone more proven.
I know links to Llorente are almost a funny now but I would take him into the squad no problem. He never was fantastically mobile anyway so the extra miles on the clock shouldn't overly detract from his usefulness. He would give us something a little different on those occasions when we need it (i.e. aerial bombardment) and a good focal point for the attack if Kane is sidelined for whatever reason. Would wages be an issue?

Sorry - I can't find/remember where it was from

A very crude calculation suggests its ballpark though:

Our accounted wage expenditure is £100m
Divide by 25 players = £4m pa
Which = £77k pw
Accounted wages will be total playing staff, not the 25 man registered squad only. May even cover coaching staff also?

Back