• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

According to reports from Fichajes, Tottenham Hotspur are set for talks with the agent of Valencia star Sofiane Feghouli.

The 35-cap international, who scored Algeria’s first World Cup goal in 28 years during a 2-1 defeat to Belgium at Brazil 2014, boasts 30 goals in 184 appearances for the La Liga outfit – including two strikes in the Champions League this season.

The 25 year-old’s contract expires at the end of the campaign and although he is open to signing a new deal with Valencia, there appears to be a bit of a dispute over wages, with the winger demanding around €2million per year.

Inevitably, a number of clubs have taken an interest in Feghouli over the last few months, the latest being Tottenham Hotspur. Fichajes claim the north Londoners are now set for talks with the Mestalla star’s agent, to ‘present a firm proposal and a sketch of what would become his contract’ at White Hart Lane.

However, the Lilywhites could soon find themselves overshadowed in the race to sign Feghouli by some of their Premier League rivals.

Scouts from Chelsea and Manchester United ran the rule over the wide man during a 3-0 win over Malaga last month and he was mooted as a Red Devils target once again earlier this week by The Daily Star.

The British tabloid rate the 5 foot 10 attacker at around £7million; but he will be legally allowed to discuss a free transfer in summer 2016 with non-Spanish clubs from the start of the January transfer window.

http://thisisfutbol.com/2015/11/blo...talks-with-la-liga-star-scouted-by-man-united

Funny you mention him as I checked yesterday. Windy reckons he'll be registered in January (Musa Yahaya)

Yeah. Turns 18 in December... Consensus seems to be that he hasn't been involved, apart from closed door youth friendlies, because he couldn't actually sign a pro contract (or get a work permit?) before turning 18.

I have never seen him play, but I think, we should press ahead with this one.

Just imagine all the confusion two players with (almost) the same name in the lineup could cause among pundits, commentators and opposition managers ;)

Fulham's Moussa Dembele could join Mousa Dembele at Tottenham
Tottenham could have two players with the same name if the club pursue initial interest in Fulham forward Moussa Dembele.

Dembele has already been a club-mate of his Spurs namesake — whose Christian name is spelt ‘Mousa’ — when he signed for Fulham in the summer of 2012.

A few weeks later, the older Dembele completed a £15million move to Tottenham and he is currently enjoying the best spell of his career at White Hart Lane.

Spurs head coach Mauricio Pochettino is understood to be an admirer of the Fulham striker and is following his progress closely. The 19-year-old has scored eight goals in 18 appearances this term, including five in his last five games.

Dembele is out of contract at the end of the season, though Fulham hope he will sign a new four-year deal with them. If Dembele chooses not to sign, the forward could walk away from Craven Cottage at the end of the campaign and Fulham would be due only a relatively small sum in compensation — far less than they would receive if they were to sell Dembele while he was under contract.

Dembele has also been watched by Feyenoord and Everton while Fulham, who are looking for a new manager after sacking Kit Symons last weekend, hope to press ahead with negotiations.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...join-mousa-dembele-at-tottenham-a3111686.html

Hmmm...have we reported to be interested before now? Seems ominous that this article pops up a day or two after a poster mentioned him on here....i might be wrong though and The Standard Journos actually know a thing or two....

Remember he was talked about as a big talent back when we sign Mousa from them...

Seems like the kind of striker signing we should be after. Cheap-ish, young and with bags of potential. Though I've not actually seen him play.

Hmmm...have we reported to be interested before now? Seems ominous that this article pops up a day or two after a poster mentioned him on here....i might be wrong though and The Standard Journos actually know a thing or two....

I do not think you are wrong. :)

Football weekly podcast had a bit on Monday about how doing a transfer story about how a club is monitoring or following a player is essentially the cheapest form of transfer news as everyone is following everyone.

Though the Standard do claim that Pochettino is an admirer. If there's any truth to that, combine it with the contract situation and a Fulham team somewhere mid table nowhere near automatic promotion or relegation does make the story somewhat plausible at least.

We had a discussion about this guy in another thread, I think if we are to sign anyone in Jan he could be the right move. He is only 19 and been Fulham since he was 16 and I have a mate who goes to the cottage a lot and he says he will turn out to be a very good player, so I hope the Standard have got something right for a change.

I think it was me who mentioned him a few days ago as a player that I would like to see us go for. From the (admittedly reasonably little) that I have seen of him he looks like he has all of the natural talents to become a very good centre forward. The perfect winter window for me would be to secure his signature and also bring in Negredo on loan.

I think it was me who mentioned him a few days ago as a player that I would like to see us go for. From the (admittedly reasonably little) that I have seen of him he looks like he has all of the natural talents to become a very good centre forward. The perfect winter window for me would be to secure his signature and also bring in Negredo on loan.

I really cannot see us bringing in two strikers in January

Would Negredo be happy to come here to be pretty much a clear cut backup to Kane?

Didn't seem happy with a backup role at Emirates Marketing Project, though that's a couple of years ago.

Back