• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Seen links to Pickford today as well. Could and most probably is waffle from the click bait mob ,but can’t help but feel we are trying to be mediocre fc if true . Especially with Kane heading out the door.

Seen links to Pickford today as well. Could and most probably is waffle from the click bait mob ,but can’t help but feel we are trying to be mediocre fc if true . Especially with Kane heading out the door.

I think Gold has reported that we are looking at mostly HG options this summer, so many are just putting 2+2 together possibly, we've been linked with Pickford for 12-18 months by now though.

Just so underwhelmed by it all . Raya yes ! Pickford No . Both HG.

Pickford is an awful keeper.

Agreed, I think Reya is the better choice.

Reports suggest Reya would cost around £40m, not sure what Pickford would cost, cheaper I would assume...

OK Maguire's not the greatest defender but a lot more competent to what we have now. I would have got him at the beginning of last season as he out of favour at manure and to be honest
I was surprised he was not fitting in there. Him and Stone were good defenders for England...
but not good enough for Spurs apparently ?
Anyway I think we should have signed him earlier!

Agreed, I think Reya is the better choice.

Reports suggest Reya would cost around £40m, not sure what Pickford would cost, cheaper I would assume...

Let’s hope our window does not revolve around the cheaper option. Pretty sure it will tho.

OK Maguire's not the greatest defender but a lot more competent to what we have now. I would have got him at the beginning of last season as he out of favour at manure and to be honest
I was surprised he was not fitting in there. Him and Stone were good defenders for England...
but not good enough for Spurs apparently ?
Anyway I think we should have signed him earlier!

Maguire fits part of the bill because he is decent with the ball at his feet. We are not going to be in the market for another Romero level of defender so there will need to be some level of compromise but also to fit the new gaffers vision.

Maguire fits part of the bill because he is decent with the ball at his feet. We are not going to be in the market for another Romero level of defender so there will need to be some level of compromise but also to fit the new gaffers vision.

too old, if we have gone the Ange route, we are back to the Poch days/model

beyond age & wages, the last thing the club needs is more bad PR and yet another player who panics, can't resist a press and who's confidence is brick.

beyond age & wages, the last thing the club needs is more bad PR and yet another player who panics, can't resist a press and who's confidence is brick.

Agree but there will be compromises. No chance they go out and get a 21 relatively unknown CB to sit next to Romero IMO. It would be either Dier stays or they go for someone who can replace him but better on ball.

Lets see

More links to the donkey Maguire today. Honestly if that’s the type of CB we are chasing we are in the muck.
He is a good player who has lost a lot of confidence at Man Utd. I don't think we'll sign him as his wages will be too high but I think he may well move away from Man Utd and rebuild his reputation elsewhere a little less in the spotlight.

One of the top 5 keepers in the PL IMO. Probably was the only reason that Everton stayed up.

30 isn't too old for a centre back.

I think there is a good player in Maguire - needs a bit of coaching and some confidence back - people too quick to write off players.
Look what has happened to Mings under Emery

I think there is a good player in Maguire - needs a bit of coaching and some confidence back - people too quick to write off players.
Look what has happened to Mings under Emery
If we play a high line, we need extremely mobile centre backs that can turn and chase back faster than a striker with the ball at his feet. The opposite of Dier and Maguire.

Has anyone noticed the amount of players on their way to Saudi Arabia!? Benzema just announced, Kante apparently done, Zaha and A.Sanchez just linked today. Looks like there will be a flood of players heading there this Summer.

If we play a high line, we need extremely mobile centre backs that can turn and chase back faster than a striker with the ball at his feet. The opposite of Dier and Maguire.

Dier can't play a high line, and if it's a back 4 then Romero is Infront of him.

Udogie and Porro (maybe Spence as well) have the pace to cover at full back.

Back