• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham vs Scum COC OMT

I can sadly see that some people are not prepared to see this season as top 6 and allow this squad to bed in. The only player we are likely to lose IMO is Lloris, and given Vorm's showing last night, it will be clear to our chairman that we have to fudgeing well buy a top class replacement and not dingdong about.

Lloris, Vert & Eriksen if we have a really bad season.

Honestly a nutless monkey (tropic thunder reference, not racist) could get 6th with this squad, no magic system, no special training, just set up right and right selection.

Jol, Harry, AVB, TS and Poch ... not sure what next season brings different if squad beds in .. top 4 will just go out and buy another 100M+ each of players, and fudging brick clubs will have enough tv money that they won't need to sell to clubs like us.

Hence, the "strategy" of rolling over for these kind of cup games makes no sense whatsoever ...

Honestly a nutless monkey (tropic thunder reference, not racist) could get 6th with this squad, no magic system, no special training, just set up right and right selection.

Jol, Harry, AVB, TS and Poch ... not sure what next season brings different if squad beds in .. top 4 will just go out and buy another 100M+ each of players, and fudgeing **** clubs will have enough tv money that they won't need to sell to clubs like us.

Hence, the "strategy" of rolling over for these kind of cup games makes no sense whatsoever ...

Mate.
When someone is as dedicated to finding the downside as you appear to be, then where can the 'conversation' go? You are clearly uninterested in taking on board any opinion other than your own.
So enjoy it my friend.
I say this with neither condescension or anger, just realization.

Jol, Harry, AVB, TS and Poch ... not sure what next season brings different if squad beds in .. top 4 will just go out and buy another 100M+ each of players, and fudgeing **** clubs will have enough tv money that they won't need to sell to clubs like us.

I still cannot understand where this notion that we 'rolled over' comes from? We didn't set out to fudging lose the game for crying out loud.

I'll say it again: Poch put a squad out that he thought could win the match and we very nearly did. We competed strongly and really weren't far away from getting a result.. To insinuate that Poch and the squad aren't bitterly disappointed with the result is just bang out of order.

Anyone who thinks we deliberately set out to lose the game are either seriously deluded or have some kind of vendetta against the current manager that I'll never comprehend.

I am going to try and not sound like a condescending clam here, so please tell me if I fail. Football is a game of small margins and in a one off game the weaker team wins in a reasonably frequently. Over the course of a league season you will expect the better teams to finish higher because these individual games have less impact. In a cup one of these games and you are out.

You are not being condescending at all mate, its a good point you make. However a lot of those results you are talking about happen in a lot of cases because the stronger team ( for whatever reason) underestimate the weaker sides by playing a weaker side then normal, or not going into the game with the right mind set.

As for the Arse they have proved over the recent seasons that they are a stronger side then us ( hate to say that but its the truth) so by fielding a weaker team we handed the advantage to them by doing so. Anyway its too late to do anything about it now, but as I said earlier I hope I do not see the same thing happen in the two remaining trophys we have left to aim for.

I can sadly see that some people are not prepared to see this season as top 6 and allow this squad to bed in. The only player we are likely to lose IMO is Lloris, and given Vorm's showing last night, it will be clear to our chairman that we have to fudgeing well buy a top class replacement and not dingdong about.

I have no problem with finishing 6th this season, however I do believe we could win a trophy but we will not do so if we field a team with 6 reserves in the remaining trophys.

Still find it annoying that Pochettino rested so many players against Ar5ena1. Would have preferred us to play our best 11 against Ar5ena1 and rest players against ManCity instead. Frankly, just can't see us beating ManCity even with our best 11. They are in great form this season despite losing to West Ham last week.

I think it is a real disgrace for us to disregard any Cup despite only winning 2 trophies in 16 years.

Amen to that.

I am not the biggest fan of modern football but accept the parameters that football managers have to work within now. I suspect that finishing as high up the league as possible is more important to the board than winning the league cup and that is where the manager will take his prioritisation from.

I also find it a little strange how short people's memories are. There were plenty of people on here in the summer saying that Fazio was good enough to be a first choice CB this season. Over the last few weeks the calls for Trippier and Rose to start have been getting louder. Eriksen, Chadli and Kane all started and played well. We are short of options in central midfield, Dier played well and Carroll did OK. Alli could have been selected but maybe Poch decided that he wasn't ready for it or needed a rest.

I find the lack of a willingness by some posters to understand why Poch might have made some of the decisions he made baffling. To think that the only way to run a football club or manage a football team is how you see fit seems bizarre to me. I get it that people are fudgeed off at losing to Ar5ena1 and getting dumped out of the weakest cup but I think that the reaction by some is completely over the top.

I wanted us to play our strongest team possible.

However I appreciate that in many positions there isn't much between the options - we have a lot of good competition in most positions.

But for me though the two big errors were playing Vorm and Carroll. I don't think either are top flight standard and just aren't competent in any but the very easiest fixtures.

A GK who doesn't drop regular clangers and a CM with some authority/assertion, and we'd've won on Wednesday

However I appreciate that in many positions there isn't much between the options - we have a lot of good competition in most positions.

But for me though the two big errors were playing Vorm and Carroll. I don't think either are top flight standard and just aren't competent in any but the very easiest fixtures.

A GK who doesn't drop regular clangers and a CM with some authority/assertion, and we'd've won on Wednesday

If we are singling out players for blame then we have to apportion most of it at Fazio. He was at fault for both of their goals and looked slow and off the pace all game.

If we are singling out players for blame then we have to apportion most of it at Fazio. He was at fault for both of their goals and looked slow and off the pace all game.

cannot blame a player who hasnt played a single minute of football all season and is thrown into an NLD for his first game. Are you surprised he was off the pace?:rolleyes:.............just diabolical from Poch there

cannot blame a player who hasnt played a single minute of football all season and is thrown into an NLD for his first game. Are you surprised he was off the pace?:rolleyes:.............just diabolical from Poch there

I actually agree with you there that you can't blame Fazio, but if it had been Alderwerield who made a mistake for a goal I have no doubt there would be people claiming it was because he's tired having played every game so far.

Basically, this place is nuts (and it's not the worst).

Its more than that though, to me at least is obvious from last seasons showing that fazio is the type of player that needs a run of games to get up to speed, so throwing him in against the scum was a wierd decision.

Its more than that though, to me at least is obvious from last seasons showing that fazio is the type of player that needs a run of games to get up to speed, so throwing him in against the scum was a wierd decision.

that too, good point

I still cannot understand where this notion that we 'rolled over' comes from? We didn't set out to fudgeing lose the game for crying out loud.

I'll say it again: Poch put a squad out that he thought could win the match and we very nearly did. We competed strongly and really weren't far away from getting a result.. To insinuate that Poch and the squad aren't bitterly disappointed with the result is just bang out of order.

Anyone who thinks we deliberately set out to lose the game are either seriously deluded or have some kind of vendetta against the current manager that I'll never comprehend.

Lets be clear

- We didn't throw the game purposely
- We also didn't give ourselves the best chance to win it

Getting away from my opinion or yours, bookies had the Scum as pretty good favorites for that game. Yet as several other posters have noted, we made very questionable team selection decisions.
No fudging different from when Harry would put out sides in a cup run you knew he didn't give a brick about.

My opinion, Poch didn't really care about that game (and that's my beef), yes, he would have been delighted to win, but I don't think he's bitterly disappointed with the result (and some people here obviously aren't either).

I am bitterly disappointed, and that's my opinion and my fudging right.

Fazio was clearly the worst player on the pitch. I know you like him for some unexplained reason, but he is a big, clumsy, plodder who is completely unsuited to our game plan.

I thought Carrol actually played reasonably well, especially second half. I thought that the midfield battle was reasonably even and if anything ours was on top overall.

Lets be clear

- We didn't throw the game purposely
- We also didn't give ourselves the best chance to win it

Getting away from my opinion or yours, bookies had the Scum as pretty good favorites for that game. Yet as several other posters have noted, we made very questionable team selection decisions.
No fudgeing different from when Harry would put out sides in a cup run you knew he didn't give a **** about.

My opinion, Poch didn't really care about that game (and that's my beef), yes, he would have been delighted to win, but I don't think he's bitterly disappointed with the result (and some people here obviously aren't either).

I am bitterly disappointed, and that's my opinion and my fudgeing right.

We need to prioritise the cups this season

We'll get 5th, 6th at worse, in the league no matter what happens.

We need some glory to galvanise this young team - we need to focus on the cups

Fazio was clearly the worst player on the pitch. I know you like him for some unexplained reason, but he is a big, clumsy, plodder who is completely unsuited to our game plan.

I thought Carrol actually played reasonably well, especially second half. I thought that the midfield battle was reasonably even and if anything ours was on top overall.

I think Fazio is a shrewd defender and a good organiser. Not a million miles off what Naybet once offered us.

It wasn't his greatest moment, but he's a good player who is just rusty. Vorm and Carroll just aren't good players (at this level)

I've come to the conclusion that the same people that don't give a brick about the NLD are the ones that expect us to get 4th.
Emirates Marketing Project on Saturday is just another league game no different than Stoke or Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
If we take points off them its no different than taking points off Stoke or Saudi Sportswashing Machine. City will be the usual 15 points ahead of us at the end of the season.

Back