• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham v Everton OMT***

Match Result

• Total voters
Poch has confirmed Jan is ready. "Last week was perfect, he trained with the group."

“He is ready but we have to be careful. Full credit to our medical staff for getting him fit for the first game and now it is my decision whether to pick him or not.”

Full credit to our medical staff & training staff for managing to minimise injuries & ensure that we start the season with an almost full squad available.

I can't wait for Saturday & the start of the season! Always one of the best days of the year.

Almost time to start the hunt for cat videos!

Full credit to our medical staff & training staff for managing to minimise injuries & ensure that we start the season with an almost full squad available.

I can't wait for Saturday & the start of the season! Always one of the best days of the year.

This for me as well, the only other day that comes close for me is Jan and the 3rd rnd of the FA Cup.

This for me as well, the only other day that comes close for me is Jan and the 3rd rnd of the FA Cup.

For me, I'd say that my first game of the season that I can attend is higher than for FA Cup 3rd round. I have no chance of ever getting to an away game & this season, the first game that I can get to is home v Sunderland..so I can't wait for that one!!

1-1

we're always brick in our first game of the season, Koeman will be a hard nut to crack

Love it. The OS started a feature last night.

You know its Everton away when.... and has invited tweets.

Some funnies on there. Doubt mine would make it

...you get back to your car and the wheels are missing
...your seat is a wooden bench and you feel like you have travelled back to the 60s

Starting against Everton has particular significance for me. It was our first game of the season in 1960-61. The reason I remember it so well is there was such huge expectation on us in the media because we had been so impressive for most of the previous season when we'd been universally tagged 'Super Spurs' and it looked like we'd win the League - though of course the wheels came off just like last season, finishing 3rd in the final run-in.

The game was surprisingly dour, Everton proved mighty difficult to break down and had chances to go ahead themselves. I still recall my immense relief when at last we broke through late in the game, ending up 2-0 winners.

But we had not impressed anything like as expected so Blanchflower's pre-season claims that we would win the Double were looking decidedly fanciful by the end.

I kind of hope this game will prove similarly dour!

Last edited:
Starting against Everton has particular significance for me. It was our first game of the season in 1960-61. The reason I remember it so well is there was such huge expectation on us in the media because we had been so impressive for most of the previous season when we'd been universally tagged 'Super Spurs' and it looked like we'd win the League - though of course the wheels came off just like last season, finishing 3rd in the final run-in.

The game was surprisingly dour, Everton proved mighty difficult to break down and had chances to go ahead themselves. I still recall my immense relief when at last we broke through late in the game, ending up 2-0 winners.

But we had not impressed anything like as expected so Blanchflower's pre-season claims that we would win the Double were looking decidedly fanciful by the end.

I kind of hope this game will prove similarly dour!

1960-61 season. I thought we did win the League? Or is that a typo?

Back