• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham v Everton OMT***

Match Result

• Total voters
I'll take any sort of a win. We need to banish the ghost of last season and fast. A few wins on the bounce might be needed to make our players truly believe in themselves as challengers again.

Edit: Here's a little reminder of the good stuff...

Last edited:
Not sure what to expect today. We did well against Inter, but that's hardly any measure. I just hope we put in a real shift, everyone giving a 100% and shakes off that embarrassing defeat to the barcodes back in may.

As per usual on the opening day of the premier league, I'm going to a bloody wedding, and will probably get yelled at by the missus for frantically trying to find an open WiFi connection and a stream under the table.

Not sure what to expect today. We did well against Inter, but that's hardly any measure. I just hope we put in a real shift, everyone giving a 100% and shakes off that embarrassing defeat to the barcodes back in may.

As per usual on the opening day of the premier league, I'm going to a bloody wedding, and will probably get yelled at by the missus for frantically trying to find an open WiFi connection and a cat video on youtube under the table.

Mate they're the worst ones. Went to one last year when it was Stoke at home and we went 2-0 up. Kept checking throughout the speeches and wedding breakfast. Didn't quite ruin the wedding but certainly put me in a slightly less happier mood!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It is really amazing that the new season starts today ! Felt like the pre-season went very fast this time, thanks largely to Copa America and Euro tournaments ! Due to that feel a bit difficult to get motivated for this match. Wish we had signed more high profile players instead of just Wanyama and Janssen. Really feel we need more experienced players to cope with the PL and CL this season. Well, atleast we managed to keep all our first team players from last season. I think this continuity of the team will come in handy as the season progress.

We started last season with a defeat to ManU. Hope we will start this season with a win over Everton. Disappointingly, we drew home and away against Everton last season. Those dropped points came back to destroy our title chance last season. So, we must beat Everton in this match, even if we are playing away. We have excellent record against Everton in recent years, winning 3 and drawing 4 of our last 7 matches against them. So, there is no reason why we cannot win this match.

I think Kane and Lamela will be our key players in this match. It is going to be interesting how Kane will perform in this match as he started very poorly last season. After his poor form for England in Euro2016, he badly need a good performance and goals to lift his morale. In contrast, Lamela has been in brilliant form for us and Argentina in the pre-season. Suddenly he looks very sharp in front of goal. Hope Lamela will continue his goal scoring run in this match. I think Lamela should target to score atleast 10 league goals this season.

Without a doubt, we are going to miss Dembele in midfield during his 4-match suspension. Just hope Wanyama and Dier can cover for him well during his absense. It will be interesting which Alli will turn up for this match. It was his moment of stupidity against WBA which cost us dearly last season. Hope Alli had learned to control his temper by now.

Hope our established defence will be back to their best in this match. A bit worried for Lloris after his demoralising defeat in the Euro final with France. Hope he will be back to his best. Similiarly, wish Vertonghen will come back from his injury problems to partner Alderweireld in defence.

Traditionally, we struggle in our first match of the season. Hope we will put up a good performance and get a good win this time.

It is really amazing that the new season starts today ! Felt like the pre-season went very fast this time, thanks largely to Copa America and Euro tournaments ! Due to that feel a bit difficult to get motivated for this match. Wish we had signed more high profile players instead of just Wanyama and Janssen. Really feel we need more experienced players to cope with the PL and CL this season. Well, atleast we managed to keep all our first team players from last season. I think this continuity of the team will come in handy as the season progress.

We started last season with a defeat to ManU. Hope we will start this season with a win over Everton. Disappointingly, we drew home and away against Everton last season. Those dropped points came back to destroy our title chance last season. So, we must beat Everton in this match, even if we are playing away. We have excellent record against Everton in recent years, winning 3 and drawing 4 of our last 7 matches against them. So, there is no reason why we cannot win this match.

I think Kane and Lamela will be our key players in this match. It is going to be interesting how Kane will perform in this match as he started very poorly last season. After his poor form for England in Euro2016, he badly need a good performance and goals to lift his morale. In contrast, Lamela has been in brilliant form for us and Argentina in the pre-season. Suddenly he looks very sharp in front of goal. Hope Lamela will continue his goal scoring run in this match. I think Lamela should target to score atleast 10 league goals this season.

Without a doubt, we are going to miss Dembele in midfield during his 4-match suspension. Just hope Wanyama and Dier can cover for him well during his absense. It will be interesting which Alli will turn up for this match. It was his moment of stupidity against WBA which cost us dearly last season. Hope Alli had learned to control his temper by now.

Hope our established defence will be back to their best in this match. A bit worried for Lloris after his demoralising defeat in the Euro final with France. Hope he will be back to his best. Similiarly, wish Vertonghen will come back from his injury problems to partner Alderweireld in defence.

Traditionally, we struggle in our first match of the season. Hope we will put up a good performance and get a good win this time.

He got targeted a lot last season as it was, but other teams will have noticed how volatile he can be and will target him even more this season. I like his tenacity, but there are occasions when he needs to rise above it all and let his obvious talent do the talking

Any "team news" yet ?

Wish we will have all our best players back in this match, apart from the suspended Dembele. Can see this being a difficult match for us. Hope we will do just enough to beat Everton in our first match of the season !

Now I know the season starts today :)

Is madness that we are less than two hours away from our first game... Only seems a couple of weeks ago that we had that loss against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Hopefully we can get off to a good start for a change. Too often we start the season with 0 points.

We will win this. I can sense it.

Getting ready for the match coverage to start 16.30 our time.
A really good time for a game. It means:

- We can watch on the rooftop terrace.
- 3 mates with their partners coming over.
- Cold Tusker lagers in the rooftop fridge for the guys. A jug of Pimms ready for the ladies plus wine
- BBQ ready to be fired up. Fillet steak, chicken tikka and red snapper already marinated.
- If things are looking bad, we can always look at the Indian Ocean to calm ourselves :)

We will win this 2-1. Kane & Alli.

Believe COYS

more expectation than hope this season for me, settled squad and more experience this year, im sure we will control the
majority of our matches again just hope those chances go in more often and earlier.

3-0 before half time and then a nice easy relaxing last 10mins!

If we win, I'm going to be cheering alongside SCBC fans. I'm at St Mary's today...

Think we'll beat Everton. I'm not convinced by the quality of their squad. I'm looking forward to seeing our starting line up, see if Wanyama starts. I'd think that he would, otherwise how will he ever get in the team?

Despite their mediocre pre-season, as has been said already. Koeman's first official match in charge, they will be well up for this, so will their crowd. First 20/25 minutes will be frantic stuff and for me, the key will be getting to half-time at least on level terms.

An early goal would obviously be ideal to dampen the enthusiasm of the Blue crowd. Would not surprise me if this finished 0-0

Lennon on the bench too.

Looks like they have a debutant in Holgate, although IIRC young Coleman made his debut v us too and had a stormer that afternoon. Who will lead the line for them?

Back