• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham v Everton OMT***

Match Result

• Total voters
Poch normally pretty cautious when it comes to injured players, think we could see the big American in and keep Dier where he is with Wanyama

2CV isn't that tall for a centreback, quite solid thought. Heading is not one of his strengths, but I think positioning and mental focus are important in that role.

If both Wimmer and Vertonghen are out I think I'd be more comfortable playing Dier at CB with Wanyama/Mason in front

Although if we do pair Wanyama with Dier in CM perhaps they will offer CCV enough protection to counteract his inexperience?

If both Wimmer and Vertonghen are out I think I'd be more comfortable playing Dier at CB with Wanyama/Mason in front

Although if we do pair Wanyama with Dier in CM perhaps they will offer CCV enough protection to counteract his inexperience?
If you're relying on Mason to shield the back four, I'd just as soon put Alli there so you can get Janssen in the team.

I'd be relying on Wanyama to shield the defence in a Wanyama/Mason pairing with Mason having freedom to burst forward
Well likewise Alli, but both would be called on to defend at some point during the game, and I don't see Mason as any better in this regard.

Well likewise Alli, but both would be called on to defend at some point during the game, and I don't see Mason as any better in this regard.

Moving Dier to CB then Alli to CM would be two players out of their usual position - potentially 3 depending on who then replaces Alli in the AMC position - my thinking is you want to change as little as possible.

Also i think that Mason was possibly left over exposed in his first season as we played more of a pivot and he played alongside a similarly inexperienced player in Bentaleb - I think next to either Wanyama or Dier in a more traditional DM/box to box pairing he would compete better, defensively speaking

Moving Dier to CB then Alli to CM would be two players out of their usual position - potentially 3 depending on who the replaces Alli in the AMC position - my thinking is you want to change as little as possible
Agreed, but isn't Mason out of position there too? No easy answer, as the alternative is putting 2CV up against Lukaku. Hopefully Wimmer is ok.

2CV isn't that tall for a centreback

tumblr_inline_o4wpzpDhPg1qi6xpd_500.gif

Moving Dier to CB then Alli to CM would be two players out of their usual position - potentially 3 depending on who then replaces Alli in the AMC position - my thinking is you want to change as little as possible.

Also i think that Mason was possibly left over exposed in his first season as we played more of a pivot and he played alongside a similarly inexperienced player in Bentaleb - I think next to either Wanyama or Dier in a more traditional DM/box to box pairing he would compete better, defensively speaking

Agreed. But are you GB in disguise?

Back