• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Woolwich Wanderers OMT ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In a six pointer, the key thing is not to lose. A draw stabilises things, and another on Tuesday will do nicely.
We badly miss Dele and Dier. Once they are back, life will be sweet

Yes, but they aren't miracle workers, and I fear we're expecting too much from them.

For a club that harbours dreams of winning the title and is hoping to reach the Champions League quarter finals on Tuesday, today simply wasn’t good enough.

We should be putting away these low-level teams. Embarrassing.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

In a six pointer, the key thing is not to lose. A draw stabilises things, and another on Tuesday will do nicely.
We badly miss Dele and Dier. Once they are back, life will be sweet

I agree that we miss them - getting them back will help patch things over to the summer. Whilst I agreed with the decision to sell Dembele in January, we're badly missing a creative CM at the moment...and also paying for having three attacking players in the squad (Llorente, Janssen and GKN) who contribute little.

We have a bigger summer ahead of us with these 2 or 3 important signings needed, as well as the TA/Eriksen contract situations to resolve

Surprised by all the negativity, I was elated at the end. Coming out of low confidence isn’t as simple as a snap of the fingers. This result will give the team a huge psychological boost as well as diminishing Arsenal. It was a classic Poch fighting performance for me. The players aren’t at their best but they dug in (as exemplified by that incredible Verts tackle) I’m as certain as ever we will get top four now.

I’m not sure what’s wrong but things just aren’t clicking at the moment. If a game against Cheatski and then one against Woolwich (in each case where we can take another step towards solidifying 3rd place) aren't enough to raise the performance levels then I don’t know what is.
Poch was talking about taking the players away for warm weather training. Maybe that will help get the focus back.

Sissoko MOTM today.
Kool Kane for the penalty - isn’t that the first we’ve had in the PL during our Wembley tenure?
I thought we started playing with more urgency and got forward more when Rose was moved into midfield, although conversely he also lost the ball a lot and looked a bit headless chicken.
Dier to calm things in front of our defence and Dele to cause problems for their defence were strongly missed today.
I feel like I moan about referees a lot these days but Taylor was awful.
I hope we can use the lead we already have against Dortmund on Tuesday to find the confidence to lift ourselves. Mind you, I thought playing Cheatski would lift us after Burnley. And playing Woolwich would lift us after Wednesday.
Time to work your magic Poch and fix the problem.

The silver lining is that Woolwich will be feeling they should have taken better advantage of our current bad patch.
They f*cked that up. Which is extremely pleasing.

That was a proper Derby
Odd refereeing... check
Penalties... check
Red card ... check
Kane scoring.... check

Great to see some atmosphere at Wembley finally

Have to say I thought Wanyama going off hurt is and I was pleasantly suprised at how he played

Trippier needs a month off. Guy looks and plays like a broken man

Surprised by all the negativity, I was elated at the end. Coming out of low confidence isn’t as simple as a snap of the fingers. This result will give the team a huge psychological boost as well as diminishing Arsenal. It was a classic Poch fighting performance for me. The players aren’t at their best but they dug in (as exemplified by that incredible Verts tackle) I’m as certain as ever we will get top four now.

I agree
That felt like a win and a big loss to the IMO
To have that penalty for them and to miss it ... wow
Now united will battle them next week and potentially kill their season

Exactly. It worked when we had Walker and Rose at their peaks.

It just doesn't when we have the likes of Trippier and Davies in their place.

Three at the back gives the greatest responsibility in the whole system to the two full-backs, because they have the most space to cover - often alone. They need to be ace.

Ours are just a bit crap.

It was the whole team back then that made that system work.

The wingbacks were incredible as were the 3 central defenders of Jan, Toby and Dier. The central midfield pairing of Wanyama and Dembele were damn awesome and Dele and Eriksen ran riot in support of Kane.

We should have won the league that year but were denied by an alien performance by chelsclams, who had no injuries all season and no european football.

Hopefully at long last the squad will all be fit for soton away. Poch needs to then stop this three at the back nonesense.

Rotate the full backs, choose two of jan, toby and sanchez and no more experimenting with Foyth as we cannot afford the risk anymore, choose one of sissoko, wanyama and dier to partner winks and then get dele, eriksen, son and kane as the attacking 4.

Its our only hope of navigating a difficult run in and getting top 4. This bloody squad needs to finally stay fit now.

Many of the followers on here have been listening to the media far too much.

They dug in and turned it round, I ike to see a bit grit and fight also all the talk of poor refereeing is being used as an excuse and it’s irrelevant.

Last edited:
Are you new here? There will always be negativity - even when we win. We have been on a bad run of form, still with injuries and at the business end of a tough season. To get back into this game - even with offsides and encroachment on the pen - was impressive against a team that has won 6 of their last 7 who played a smart tactical game. Remember too that their goal was aided by a horrendous mistake form Sanchez. And that their pen was soft.

Haven’t seen us struggle this badly in Pochettinos time here. Bad time to be going through this bad patch, could argue we’ve been going through that most of this season!

Really hope we rediscover our swagger sooner rather than later. Could have wrapped up top 4 with 2 wins this week

Back