• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Partizan Belgrade EL OMT ***

According to rumours (on this board and elsewhere), at least two of our "injury list" aren't injured at all and have been banished from the team by Pochettino who has recently been given the full backing of Levy to take a tough line with the players whose attitude he believes could be better.

Which 'two'?

Which 'two'?

Bear in mind it's all bullsh*t website rumour twitter nonense. There's no source, no quotes, just a bunch of bored fans putting two and two together and getting the square root of minus one.

But if you've not heard those rumours yet, the claim I've read is that Kaboul and Adebayor (and a few others including Lennon, but they were the two 'spokesmen') told Pochettino that they weren't happy with the extra training sessions he was bringing in, and the push towards higher stamina levels. With Levy's explicit backing, they have been made example of and may have to sit out a few games as punishment.

Again, let me stress, there's no evidence for this, I'm just repeating what I read in a blog and on twitter (so not the best of sources).

But IF TRUE, let me be the first to say that Pochettino has my total support on this. There's been a serious attitude problem with our squad for a while (ever since the Bale departure in my view). Our complete collapse whenever we go behind against the bigger teams is just one example of this. If the players start complaining when the manager tries to get them to do extra work to improve their stamina, then they just don't have the right attitude. They should be asked to sit out a couple of games and return to the squad with a new outlook, ready and eager to participate in the increased workload. And if they can't manage that, then they should be transfer-listed.

EDIT: For your info, most of the stuff is in this blog post (Kaboul captaincy in the balance?) but there's been other stuff flying around twitter and forums as well. As I say, no sources, no quotes, but that's rumours for you.

Last edited:
I dont think Ade, Kaboul or Capoue are in the squad. It does look like there was some kind of shift. The team must have sat down and talked about what was up after the shocking performances in the league. Maybe these three questioned the training regime. Maybe they are genuinely injured. Maybe they are the sacrificial lambs. Poch needed less player to work with. He should be able to focus on building a team now with a smaller core of players. We may need Ade over xmas. He can play at a high level. The other two I'm not bothered about.

Spurs provisional squad: Lloris, Vorm, McGee, Naughton, Dier, Davies, Chiriches, Vertonghen, Dembélé, Winks, Stambouli, Mason, Paulinho, Ceballos, Lamela, Lennon, Eriksen, Kane, Soldado, Ball

Bentaleb widely reported as being in contention for a place, despite not being in that provisional squad. Guess we'll have to wait until 7pm tomorrow to know for sure.

Um, DublinSpur it was on this forum too

Yup. Which is why my first post on the topic started with:

"According to rumours (on this board and elsewhere)..."

Just easier to link to a single blog post that covers most of the rumour than to track down a bunch of individual forum comments. That's all.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014...all-in-training-for-tottenham-hotspur/page/1/
Tottenham's Dominic Ball has been brought into the first team squad for the clash with Partizan Belgrade.

/ gettyimages.com

Tottenham youngster Dominic Ball was involved in first team training this week ahead of the Europa League tie with Partian Belgrade.
Mauricio Pochettino had a track record of bringing through young players at Southampton, so could Ball be set to blossom at Tottenham under his guidance?
Here are five facts about the youngster...
1) Ball is a 19-year-old centre-back who has made six appearances for Tottenham's under-21s this season.
2) He has represented Northern Ireland from under-16s through to the under-21s, but recently switched to play for England, featuring for the under-20s earlier this month.
3) Ball was praised by under-21 coach Ugo Ehiogu last month as 'solid' after helping shut out league leaders Chelsea after Spurs had beaten them 1-0.
4) His brother is a 21-year-old winger who started out with Norwich's academy, before moving to Stevenage, but has recently dropped to non-league football, signing for Wealdstone.

5) Ball's future at Spurs is not guaranteed, his contract runs out in June 2015.

I dont think Ade, Kaboul or Capoue are in the squad. It does look like there was some kind of shift. The team must have sat down and talked about what was up after the shocking performances in the league. Maybe these three questioned the training regime. Maybe they are genuinely injured. Maybe they are the sacrificial lambs. Poch needed less player to work with. He should be able to focus on building a team now with a smaller core of players. We may need Ade over xmas. He can play at a high level. The other two I'm not bothered about.

Spurs provisional squad: Lloris, Vorm, McGee, Naughton, Dier, Davies, Chiriches, Vertonghen, Dembélé, Winks, Stambouli, Mason, Paulinho, Ceballos, Lamela, Lennon, Eriksen, Kane, Soldado, Ball

Would be nice if Ball, Winks and Ceballos were on teh bench at least. If we win then we're through so would be good if we could bring them on for 30 mins if miracles were to happen and we were a couple up

Once again, i get very excited by us in Europe would love a nice victory at home, and some interesting fire related songs by the 1882 lot.

Where's this from? Official or your speculation?

Someone told me before the last game that Ceballos isn't in our Europa squad (and doesn't qualify for the B list like Winks and Ball etc.)?

I'd go:

-----------------Vorm
Naughton----Dier--Verts--Davies
--------Stambouli-Chiriches
Lamela------Kane-----Lennon
-------------Soldado

I'd rest Mason and Eriksen for Sunday

I'd be interested to see Chiriches in the Mason role. His assertive passing against Hull had quite an impact and there's not really anyone else in the squad who can do that.

For those who sit in the Paxton, from the OS:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/paxton-road-271114/

PAXTON ROAD – NOTICE FOR FANS ATTENDING PARTIZAN MATCH TONIGHT
Posted on 27 November 2014 - 13:00
Following the recent incident at Archway Steel, we would like to re-assure supporters that access to the North Stand will be in operation as normal for our forthcoming home matches. However, as hoardings will be in place to protect the damaged frontage, the roadway itself will be constricted.

To aid fellow supporters and to ensure a smooth flow of fans in and around the Stadium we would ask that any supporter collecting a match ticket, a replacement Members card or a ticket from StubHub, to arrive early.
We would also request that any supporter who has a seat in the North Stand to arrive as early as possible to avoid queuing in Paxton Road. If you are attending the game and do not need access to Paxton Road, please avoid this area.
Thank you for your co-operation.

I'd go:

-----------------Vorm
Naughton----Dier--Verts--Davies
--------Stambouli-Chiriches
Lamela------Kane-----Lennon
-------------Soldado

I'd rest Mason and Eriksen for Sunday

I'd be interested to see Chiriches in the Mason role. His assertive passing against Hull had quite an impact and there's not really anyone else in the squad who can do that.

Lol you hate Dembele that much?

Lol you hate Dembele that much?

I just don't know where to play him.

- He's a decent DM, but he doesn't pass the ball quick enough once he has won it

- He's not creative enough/doesn't have the vision (or mobility) for AM

- He could maybe be a hold-up CF, but we don't really play long balls and he doesn't really score

At 6'1", I actually wonder whether CB might be the best position for him?

We need this win badly.

Zenit have nicked 15th place from us in the UEFA Co-Efficients table with their CL win over Benfica. We've got ManCity, Shaktar, Leverkusen and Basle steaming up behind us.

A good run of European wins will let us hold onto a second-pot seeding for next year's Champions League and give us an easier group stage.

Hey, a man can dream, can't he? There's gotta be something more at stake in these games than whether Dominic Ball can get a run out.

Back