• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OOMT ***

This game will show Poch's tactical nous. There are clear weaknesses that can be exploited and clear threats that need to be nullified - we'll know a lot more about Poch after the game.

This game will show Poch's tactical nous. There are clear weaknesses that can be exploited and clear threats that need to be nullified - we'll know a lot more about Poch after the game.

there's also the fatigue factor for both teams. looking at our performance against leicester, we look worse for wear. i think poch will be compelled to make a few changes in the lineup, hopefully it won't be too much chopping and changing.

after the luckiest of lucky wins over bottom of the table leicester, how can anybody be confient about us beating Man U, if u consider historical trends, we've only won 2 out of 24 against them, hope and pray game

I think if Kane and Eriksen continue to step up and finish our chances we'll win.
If they dont we wont.

I dont think Poch's tactical nous will come into it.

On the other hand, Spurs are unbeaten in their last four Premier League meetings against Manchester United (2 wins, 2 draws), so we should go into today's game with a certain amount of self-belief.

I think its a no-lose game. Despite Utd's problems over the last 18 months, they still have much bigger names than us and 90% of neutrals expect them to finish at worst 3rd but us to finish at best 4th, realistically 6th or 7th.

If we win it'll be a massive coup for Poch, if we lose its not a disaster. Despite where we are in the table, this is still a transitional season for us

I simply hate ManU with passion. And there is a reason why. They are the team who have fecked us the most on and off the field during the PL era. I will always consider AVB as "legend" for he did what most Spurs managers failed to do : beat ManU at their own place. Sherwood did well to continue that by beating ManU for the second consecutive time there last season. It is a pity we have failed to beat ManU in the league at home since 2001. But we are now unbeaten in our last 4 league matches against ManU. This is our longest unbeaten run against ManU in the league since 1985-1987 seasons. If we avoid defeat today, that will be our longest unbeaten run (5 matches) against ManU since 1972-1974 seasons. For the record, our longest unbeaten run against ManU in the league was 6 matches in 1914-1921 seasons, which was almost 100 years ago ! So, Pochettino has a chance to make history if we can get atleast a draw in this match.

Without a doubt, Eriksen will be our key player in this match. I think he is the only player who can open up the ManU defence with his creativity. He has been in great form recently. Hope he can continue that in this match. Kane has been in great goal scoring form. It will boost his confidence further if he can score today as well. But he cannot afford to waste any chances as we are not going to get many against ManU. Hope Kane will make use of any chance that comes his way.

We need to play experienced players against ManU, especially in midfield. I am convinced Lamela should not play in this match. Lennon should start in his place. Lennon can trouble the ManU defence with his pace and experience. Similiarly, Dembele and Capoue should start in centre midfield. Afterall, Dembele always seems to play well against ManU. We need Capoue to stop the ManU midfield. Bentaleb, Mason or Stambouli are simply not good enough to play against big teams like ManU and will get outplayed if they play. Hope Chadli will be back to his best after struggling since returning from injury.

Can't help but worried about our error-prone defence. If we cannot keep a clean sheet against shyte teams like Leicester, can't see how we can do that against ManU. Just hope, Lloris will put up another great performance to stop ManU somehow. Pochettino should tell the defence to give priority to defending instead of getting too ambitious. We cannot afford to make any silly mistakes as ManU have the players to punish us.

Really don't care how we are going to play, as long as we can get atleast a draw in this match. Even better, Pochettino will be a "legend" if he can get us to beat ManU at home for the first time since 2001 ! Hope we can make history !

Last edited:
I think that it will tell us more about the players than the manager. They are still getting to grips with his methods and it looks to me like they don't always follow the game plan. If we play as a unit and defend from the front, we have a very good chance in this game.

Back to today's game, we can't afford mistakes or missing players. I hope everyone will be up to it. While I think that eriksen is super talented, I think his biggest problem is going missing for long spells. We really need everyone making themselves count if we want to get at least a point from this.

Lamela for all his averageness...still provides a solid grafting role with his tackling and niggly fouls which I like. Eriksen, Chadli and Bentaleb don't do as as much combined besides pressing. And we need a grafter in there somewhere.

WTF.

it was his stupid fouls that was letting Leicester back in game. giving them the chance to bombard our box. needlessly surrendering possession then being poor when he had it. id have lennon over him everyday of the week because he brings more balance to the team

I'd try something a bit different for this one:

-----------------Lloris
Walker---Fazio-------Verts----Davies

-----Mason---Stambouli---Bentaleb

-----Soldado---Kane---Eriksen

I'd try something a bit different for this one:

-----------------Lloris
Walker---Fazio-------Verts----Davies

-----Mason---Stambouli---Bentaleb

-----Soldado---Kane---Eriksen
I am not convinced that trying a new system/formation, when you have not had any time on the training ground since the last game, is a good idea.

I am not convinced that trying a new system/formation, when you have not had any time on the training ground since the last game, is a good idea.

True. Though it wouldn't be a big change in system (i.e. still high pressing, quick tempo passing etc.) or personnel, just shape.

Although we might not have tried an alternative formation to 4-2-3-1 in a match yet, you'd expect its something we work on in training all the time.

I'm taking these next 2 games as nothing to lose (unless we get hammered) fixtures. Poch has brownie points from 4 wins on the trot, so it's not a bad time to be a bit experimental.

I simply hate ManU with passion. And there is a reason why. They are the team who have fecked us the most on and off the field during the PL era. I will always consider AVB as "legend" for he did what most Spurs managers failed to do : beat ManU at their own place. Sherwood did well to continue that by beating ManU for the second consecutive time there last season. It is a pity we have failed to beat ManU in the league at home since 2001. But we are now unbeaten in our last 4 league matches against ManU. This is our longest unbeaten run against ManU in the league since 1985-1987 seasons. If we avoid defeat today, that will be our longest unbeaten run (5 matches) against ManU since 1972-1974 seasons. For the record, our longest unbeaten run against ManU in the league was 6 matches in 1914-1921 seasons, which was almost 100 years ago ! So, Pochettino has a chance to make history if we can get atleast a draw in this match.

Without a doubt, Eriksen will be our key player in this match. I think he is the only player who can open up the ManU defence with his creativity. He has been in great form recently. Hope he can continue that in this match. Kane has been in great goal scoring form. It will boost his confidence further if he can score today as well. But he cannot afford to waste any chances as we are not going to get many against ManU. Hope Kane will make use of any chance that comes his way.

We need to play experienced players against ManU, especially in midfield. I am convinced Lamela should not play in this match. Lennon should start in his place. Lennon can trouble the ManU defence with his pace and experience. Similiarly, Dembele and Capoue should start in centre midfield. Afterall, Dembele always seems to play well against ManU. We need Capoue to stop the ManU midfield. Bentaleb, Mason or Stambouli are simply not good enough to play against big teams like ManU and will get outplayed if they play. Hope Chadli will be back to his best after struggling since returning from injury.

Can't help but worried about our error-prone defence. If we cannot keep a clean sheet against shyte teams like Leicester, can't see how we can do that against ManU. Just hope, Lloris will put up another great performance to stop ManU somehow. Pochettino should tell the defence to give priority to defending instead of getting too ambitious. We cannot afford to make any silly mistakes as ManU have the players to punish us.

Really don't care how we are going to play, as long as we can get atleast a draw in this match. Even better, Pochettino will be a "legend" if he can get us to beat ManU at home for the first time since 2001 ! Hope we can make history !

This again! Based on what? Dembele slows our play in the midfield. Capoue provides all the midfield steel of a cumrag.
Dembele had decent games against United in the past because their central midfield has been weak for years now. Last year when we played them they have Carrick and Cleverly and Jones and Cleverly. No wonder we got results against them.

Last edited:
Any official team news yet ?

Really don't care who or how we will play. Want us to continue the unbeaten run against ManU. Will be great if we can beat them somehow. Will be very disappointed if we don't get atleast a draw in this match.

True. Though it wouldn't be a big change in system (i.e. still high pressing, quick tempo passing etc.) or personnel, just shape.

Although we might not have tried an alternative formation to 4-2-3-1 in a match yet, you'd expect its something we work on in training all the time.

I'm taking these next 2 games as nothing to lose (unless we get hammered) fixtures. Poch has brownie points from 4 wins on the trot, so it's not a bad time to be a bit experimental.

I think that we have an alternative formation, it is the 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 we used against Everton and Arsenal. I would be very surprised if we lined up with something different from this or our usual 4-2-3-1 today.

after the luckiest of lucky wins over bottom of the table leicester, how can anybody be confient about us beating Man U, if u consider historical trends, we've only won 2 out of 24 against them, hope and pray game

How about we've won 2 and drawn 2 of the last 4? Surely that's more relevant than what happened 10 years ago.

I can see whoever is playing in the middle of the 3 in the 4231 today could have a lot of space. Carrick doesnt have the legs to be tracking players anymore.

This again! Based on what? Dembele slows our play in the midfield. Capoue provide all the midfield steel of a cumrag.
Dembele had decent games against United in the past because their central midfield has been weak for years now. Last year when we played them they have Carrick and Cleverly and Jones and Cleverly. No wonder we got results against them.

:lol:

i cant believe people are genuinely calling for capoue. surely you lot are just on a wind up. the man is fooking shiit. should've signed for cardiff - a relegation from the prem and a craap season in the championship is more his level.

Back