• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool OMT ***

JOE ALLEN insists Liverpool’s ‘Invincibles’ can down Spurs at White Hart Lane.

The Reds extended their unbeaten league run to eight games yesterday in their stalemate at Swansea.

Next up for Brendan Rodgers’ men is a trip to Tottenham on Wednesday.

And Allen said: “We have extended our unbeaten run now in the league to eight games and we are getting that consistency now which we want.

“We would like to pick up more wins, that goes without saying, but we are confident that in the coming matches that’s going to come.

“We will go to White Hart Lane with a high level of confidence and are confident we can get a good result.”

Allen spent five years in South Wales before following Rodgers to Anfield in the summer.

And the midfield schemer admits it was emotional going “home” to the Liberty.

He added: “It was exciting for me to come back.

“I had some great years here, Swansea have great support and there’s a great bunch of lads in the dressing room as well, so it was nice to come home.

“Playing in midfield against Leon Britton was a strange but good experience as he has been something of a mentor to me, so it was a great challenge against a great player.

“Swansea was an incredible experience in my life and I can’t be more grateful to this club. The ride they have been on has been an amazing story and to be part of that I feel very humbled and privileged.

“I’m in a new chapter of my life now at Liverpool and am loving life here. It’s an incredible club to represent and I’m loving every minute of it.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4665968/Joe-Allen-Spurred-on.html

Not too confident here despite our best performance of the season, and a consistent 90 minute showing against West Ham executing a game plan. Liverpool have always looked dangerous this season IMO and we will do well to win. We are certainly capable, but they are also capable of hurting us.

I would go with Lloris, Gallas and Caulker in the middle and Naughton at left back. Verts has looked a bit off form lately and I think could do with a break to get that verve back. Love the guy but sometimes a break is good. Rest of the team picks itself.

Harsh on Dawson after a good performance but this game will require a different set of skills.

Can someone please post a full on synopsis of "Falque" his name seems to popping up quite frequently on these boards, so i'm guessing he's half decent. Exactly what position does he play? whats his height? whats his age? who does he sleep with?.. you get my drift.....

what a brick thread!

I would bench Huddlestone as he has been quite poor hopefully for Dembele if fit, if not I would start Sandro and Carroll in the middle the rest of the team picks itself really after our display yesterday

Last edited:
Can someone please post a full on synopsis of "Falque" his name seems to popping up quite frequently on these boards, so i'm guessing he's half decent. Exactly what position does he play? whats his height? whats his age? who does he sleep with?.. you get my drift.....

Iago (or Yago) Falqué is a 22-year old who signed for Spurs from Juventus in August 2011, initially on loan and then later as a permanent move.

He plays as either an attacking midfielder or second striker.

He is a Spanish U17, U19, U20 & U21 international who was initially with Barcelona.

On the same day he signed permanently for Spurs, Falqué was loaned-out to Southampton but he only made one appearance due to injury.

He featured in 6 first team squads for Spurs last season before his loan to the Saints starting in the away Europa League matches v PAOK & Rubin Kazan, as well as several Spurs XI matches.

In 2012-13, he has been involved in four first team squads so far playing the full 90 minutes in our League Cup matches against Carlisle & Norwich.

IAGO FALQUE

He's brick. Released by Barca, Juve, Villareal. Played for us a few times last year but didnt look any good. COuple of reaosnable Europa performances and now some people think he'll be decent being almost 22 and have dont nothing in his career so far. He's short, weak, slow, not particularly creative,....not sure what his position is as he's not a winger, cant play in the middle in the PL, not a CF and not good enough to be a VdV-type player....think he's the sort of player who would look ok in a 5-a-side but would be lost in a grown-ups game

He's brick. Released by Barca, Juve, Villareal. Played for us a few times last year but didnt look any good. COuple of reaosnable Europa performances and now some people think he'll be decent being almost 22 and have dont nothing in his career so far. He's short, weak, slow, not particularly creative,....not sure what his position is as he's not a winger, cant play in the middle in the PL, not a CF and not good enough to be a VdV-type player....think he's the sort of player who would look ok in a 5-a-side but would be lost in a grown-ups game

By the way, I dont rate him

Somehow (at the moment) fate has conspired in such a matter that will leave me able to actually watch Spurs play football on Wednesday. Happy days. I have absolutely nothing to contribute to this thread as I have no means of comparison or a knowledge of players form in recent games as such.

brick OMT by the way.

that may be a bit harsh but generally I agree, tbf i thought he was total brick until a few decent Europa League appearances but he looks like more of a show pony than a player who will ever break into our side.

He seems the sort of player who you can chuck on for the last 10 minutes out of pure desperation to try and create something out of nowhere but I would never trust him to start a game because he does seem to lack awareness of responsibilities in tracking back and keeping it simple when we need to.

He seems the sort of player who you can chuck on for the last 10 minutes out of pure desperation to try and create something out of nowhere but I would never trust him to start a game because he does seem to lack awareness of responsibilities in tracking back and keeping it simple when we need to.

That pretty much sums him up, a clever trick or two that might create something. He's never looked that good even in the Europa league and is certainly not good enough for the Premier league.

Falque was absolutely top class against Norwich and had got a game since.
On sunday we had Carroll, Livermore, Dembele and Sigurdsson on the bench. Surely 3 of out that 4 would have been cover enough for central midfield and a place for Falque could have been found on the bench.

Falque looks like he actually has a brain, we don't have too many of those in our side.

in terms of what? finding a hollywood ball once in awhile yes but certainly not in keeping team shape and knowing when to help out tracking players back.

Would love for Gylfi to come good in this game.

My best mate is a Liverpool fan and I have been giving him grief about Sigg since we bought him. Is it too much to ask that Liverpool take the lead and hold on to the 88th minute and Sigg comes on and scores a hatrick?

Actually, I don't want that to happen at all. I think we will score twice, and I hope we can stop Suarez. I don't think he has scored against us yet but he is my main concern.

Falque strikes me as a Taraabt ... a bit of a show pony... although Taraabt has added some substance to his game

Back