• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool OMT ***

But then again, nobody gets awarded points for style. They don't have good enough players going forward to score the goals. Suarez is doing well in the top scorer charts, but he's a bit like Defoe - shoots at every opportunity. Key for us is to deny him those opportunities.

The original post suggested we're facing a 'poor' Liverpool side - something I completely disagree on 250%. They're stronger compared to last season and we were lucky to clog out a point at Anfield back then. This isn't guaranteed 3 points in the slightest

I don't think they are poor at all. They have started to play some good football.

Liverpool being a top side is ingrained in me. So for me any Liverpool side unlikely to finish in the top four is a poor side, but yes comparitvely to other Premiership sides they are a decent side.

However, I don't think they're as good as us and any team not as good as should be a comfortable win at home.

The original post suggested we're facing a 'poor' Liverpool side - something I completely disagree on 250%. They're stronger compared to last season and we were lucky to clog out a point at Anfield back then. This isn't guaranteed 3 points in the slightest

This isn't at Anfield, this is at White Hart Lane. There are 19 other Premiership clubs. Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and City are challenging at home. Every other team should be a comfortable home win for us. Away from home is a completely different story. For example Fulham away is a tougher match than West Ham and Liverpool at home and I'll be delighted with a point there.

Their pace could be a problem, not unlike us actually, so the high defensive line will have to work to perfection. Naughton could be brought in to combat that, along with Walker, and I think Gallas will come back in alongside Vertonghen, because Suarez doesn't really challenge in the air. Don't want to see him personally, much rather Caulker, but AVB seems to like Gallas a lot.

We've been really good against Liverpool in recent times and hopefully that'll continue. AVB won against Rodgers' Swansea, 4-1 at home last year, before settling for a 1-1 draw away, so we have that going for us as well I guess. Shall we say 2-1, Defoe and Dembele with the goals, and Suarez nicking one back from the spot after a glorified dive that should at least get him a bronze in the next Olympics.

Will be a tough game. Hopefully we'll see Sandro and Dembele in the centre. Then we'll win it. 2-0.

Their pace could be a problem, not unlike us actually, so the high defensive line will have to work to perfection. Naughton could be brought in to combat that, along with Walker, and I think Gallas will come back in alongside Vertonghen, because Suarez doesn't really challenge in the air. Don't want to see him personally, much rather Caulker, but AVB seems to like Gallas a lot.

We've been really good against Liverpool in recent times and hopefully that'll continue. AVB won against Rodgers' Swansea, 4-1 at home last year, before settling for a 1-1 draw away, so we have that going for us as well I guess. Shall we say 2-1, Defoe and Dembele with the goals, and Suarez nicking one back from the spot after a glorified dive that should at least get him a bronze in the next Olympics.

I think we'll do it. Liverpool aren't what they were and we are better almost everywhere over the pitch. I wouldn't take a single one of their midfielders over ours.

I agree with those who have said Sandro and Dembele in the centre will make a big difference so us.
Gerrard is not playing well (a quick look on the Liverpool message boards tells you that many of them would rather see him 'rested' for this game) and I think Allen, whilst hard-working, isn't the midfield force many thought he might be.
Sterling and Suarez need careful marking but I think if we play in the way we can, esp with Defoe, Bale, Lennon and (it looks like) Dempsey getting forward, with the crowd behind us, I think we should win this.

Nowhere near as confident as some of you lot are. They're long overdue a win against us and we no longer have King there to brick all over Torres/Suarez/whichever unlucky guy is playing for them that day. Dawson is fantastic in the air and dominated Carroll yesterday, but he sometimes struggles against tricky forwards with quick feet, which Suarez is, and I hate to even think about Gallas trying to keep up with him. They've become very good at keeping possession, and if they get an early goal and then keep the ball, the crowd and players will get frustrated and we'll probably end up losing the game.

My other major worry is AVB's late substitutions yesterday. For the first time in fudging ages, the tactics and subs were all correct - however he took until the 79th minute before his first substitution - with seven of the starting XI having also started in Rome, and now this game with Liverpool on Wednesday. I am really worried about our tired players conceding in the last 10 minutes again, especially against a side like Liverpool who will play possession based passing football which requires a lot of running and movement to deal with.

id put vertonghen in the middle to deal with suarez then naughton out left not ideal but need strength in middle

Surprisingly i feel this will be a tight game. I believe Liverpool will take up the same approach as west ham did and defend deep, denying us pocket of space, in between their lines. With the pace on their flanks coupled with an in form Suarez they know they don't need to force the game.. i think they'll quite happily be content to hit us on the break and play for a draw as i don't feel they have the quality to dominate us of the park for 90 mins, in saying that i could be wrong. But i'm quietly confident that we'll secure a home victory, so my shout is, 2-1 to spurs with Defoe and Bale scoring, with the addition of us conceding our proverbial 80-90th minute goal. COYS!!!!!!

Spurs have been on a terrible run one win in five games. Although that poor run has coincided with the injury to Dembele and Villa Boas decision to play two upfront. But with Adebayor now suspended for three games hes had to revert to his trusted formation of one upfront and maybe its a coincidence but they looked much better on Sunday,Dembele should start for them he came on as a sub against West ham and Parker has returned to full training so Could be on the bench, i think if we attack them down the middle we should have some joy as a bit like us their going through change and if you keep Bale Occupied they seem to struggle although the same could be said about Suarez and us ....

i think Dempsey/Siggurdsons bound to score after what happend in the summer just need to hope our players have their shooting boots on

I think it'll be a hard match but Spurs are a wee bit like Chelsea in that they need a manager who will be like the Demented Teddy Bear 'Arry and 'care' about them, not Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas's style...

3-1 to us.

It's Spurs away which means they'll probably have Ledley King back.

I'm perhaps over confident but I think we got this. I expect us to win and I haven't been so confident about a win away to spurs for a while.

I would stick with Allen and Hendo in midfield, possibly Shelvey, with Gerrard up front. Sahin would be to slow against dembele and Lucas isn't ready yet.

In short we are due a result, but then we clearly find it a tough place to go and I think the pace on their flanks unsettles us a bit. With that in mind perhaps Enrique and Johnson should play in their 'strongest' positions although Enrique at left midfield to (literally) puch back Walker appeals too.

Given their obvious threat on the break I can see us being fairly cagey in this one. While yet another draw would be frustrating for some, this is our toughest fixture on paper for a long time and so taking a point and moving on wouldn't be a bad result in my opinion. I always think/hope we're capable of winning if we play well though.

Dembele is the new Ledley King.

I was more worried about the Swansea game than this one. Fancy us to get a win there.

Let's be honest, they're a better team than us so I'd be very happy with a point.

Gary Neville was going over the Spurs-Arsenal game and pointed out how defensively weak Spurs were down their left hand side. Bale wasn't getting back to cover, leaving Vertonghen seriously exposed. So I'd probably look to play Sterling there, because if those gaps appear again then he's best suited to exploit them.

Think Dembele will probably be back for them as he's been on the bench for their last two matches. I'd be much more confident if he wasn't playing, as his driving runs through the middle are the exact sort of thing we seem to struggle with, due to our best midfield enforcer being sidelined.

I fudging hate playing Spurs as they always seem to do well against us, and if you offered me a point now I'd be sorely tempted to take it.

Philosophies aside fortune favours the brave. If their defence is split and we get into the spaces created we can win handsomely. If we don't and leave shooting boots and brains on the coach it may well be another draw.

I think it is fair to say that ole Arry Redknapp got the better of us during his time in charge. They always played with great pace and directness that it was difficult for us to defend against.

I think the full back positions are key for us. Should we play Johnson on the right to counter Bales pace and directness and also to attack the space he leaves? Presumably it will be Enrique to LB which is a shame as he has looked a threat at LW but I don't fancy Downing against Lennon.

Would settle for a draw if it was offered now but if we take our chances for once then we could squeak a tight win.

I have heard a few say 'play Verts in the centre to deal with Suarez' but I'd rather leave him out left to deal with Sterling and let Caulker deal with Suarez - Caulker is quality.

I have heard a few say 'play Verts in the centre to deal with Suarez' but I'd rather leave him out left to deal with Sterling and let Caulker deal with Suarez - Caulker is quality.

Verts has been defensively lax at LB, reckon Sterling would tear him to pieces.

We only got to play two up front for 17 minutes lol.

If I was to talk about how Liverpool set up I wouldn't have a clue either. They're so boring to watch I struggle to pay any attention. Plus I hate the tossers.

I'd love for us to play Lennon on the left just because his defensive work is unreal and could help out with Sterling but I think Bale on the right would cause problems for Walker.

What a great midweek game under the lights at the lane. should and could be a great match. I thought against WHAM was our best performance of the season, but WHAM did let us play which was the wrong tactic against us. so much for allaldyce being a tatical genius. if it wasnt for suarez i think we would have this one in the bag but i am going to go for a spurs win regardless.

Lloris

Walker Gallas Dawson Verts

Lennon Sandro Dembele Bale

Dempsey Defoe

The team almost picks itself but I have put gallas in there because with his experience it might be what we need against suarez. he has been ropey this season but has had a bit of a break and caulker seems to be playing a lot of games at the moment. too much too soon perhaps.

2-1 spurs. bale x2.

I want us to quash these ****s moreso than any other team. I want us to beat them so hard they will beg to end the game. I want them begging for mercy.

8-1 spurs.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

-------------------Lloris--------------------------

--Walker-----Caulker----Dawson----Vertonghan--

--Lennon-----Sandro----Dembele----Bale-----
------------------Dempsey-------------------

------------------Defoe-------------------

Can we not have 4 CMs on teh bench on Sunday please AVB? I know we have bugger all CFs in teh squad but some variety would be nice....

Back