• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool OMT***

We might as well give them the 3pts for that game now. There is no way we are getting anything that day, the officials will be primed (and hands greased) well before kick-off.
(For the film buffs- When our team coach arrives it will be like the scene from the Clint Eastwood film "The Gauntlet")

Six months is a long time in football. How many people will remember what happened last Saturday by then? There will be plenty of controversy and drama in-between and even if some people do remember it, they won't feel the same about it. That's human nature. When you lose someone close to you, it doesn't feel the same six months later and we're talking about a game of football. If they're three points off the top of the league, a couple of journos will stir the pot but otherwise, nobody will care.

As for VAR, what happened on Saturday only confirms that it was a poor idea from the get-go (pushed on by broadcasters, by the way) because it raised people's expectations too far. Objectivity is a concept: it doesn't exist in the real world. What's worse, technology makes you dependant. How many people can't find their way around their own block without a GPS? Now, you've got people who can't referee a game of football without VAR (with it either, it seems). Mistakes happen all the time and, what's more, you only remember the decision that went against you and never the ones that earned you a couple of points. Again, that's human nature. But if you tell people that you've found a way to eliminate mistakes from the game, don't be surprised if they feel something sinister is at work when you do make one.

Six months is a long time in football. How many people will remember what happened last Saturday by then? There will be plenty of controversy and drama in-between and even if some people do remember it, they won't feel the same about it. That's human nature. When you lose someone close to you, it doesn't feel the same six months later and we're talking about a game of football. If they're three points off the top of the league, a couple of journos will stir the pot but otherwise, nobody will care.

As for VAR, what happened on Saturday only confirms that it was a poor idea from the get-go (pushed on by broadcasters, by the way) because it raised people's expectations too far. Objectivity is a concept: it doesn't exist in the real world. What's worse, technology makes you dependant. How many people can't find their way around their own block without a GPS? Now, you've got people who can't referee a game of football without VAR (with it either, it seems). Mistakes happen all the time and, what's more, you only remember the decision that went against you and never the ones that earned you a couple of points. Again, that's human nature. But if you tell people that you've found a way to eliminate mistakes from the game, don't be surprised if they feel something sinister is at work when you do make one.
6 months is NOT a long time for Liverpool I can assure you
The cult is so strong that they will already have the T shirts printed for this weekend and banners prepared to be flown over the stadium

and I don’t ever remember them saying it would eliminate all mistakes. The technology worked don’t forget. It was the humans that failed

Last edited:
The irony is VAR should only be used for a clear and obvious error, and Saturday was the best example of a clear and obvious error since VAR began.

6 months is NOT a ling time for Liverpool I can assure you
The cult is so strong that they will already have the T shirts printed for this weekend and banners prepared to be flown over the stadium

and I don’t ever remember them saying it would eliminate all mistakes. The technology worked don’t forget. It was the humans that failed

Totally agree they won’t forget. Probably ever. But it makes no sense.
We didn’t get the call wrong.
We didn’t feign injury to get a player sent off.
We didn’t dive or cheat in the box to score the winning goal.
Yet we are the target of their wrath!
I’m not suggesting they should target the officials in any personal capacity either as that can only lead to bad things.
But they need to get a grip.
Of course they won’t as it ramps up the pressure on officials for the future - although I’m sure if it were me it would make me less inclined to favour them, not more.

I’m not suggesting they should target the officials in any personal capacity either as that can only lead to bad things.
Of course they won’t as it ramps up the pressure on officials for the future - although I’m sure if it were me it would make me less inclined to favour them, not more.
Sporting integrity.

6 months is NOT a ling time for Liverpool I can assure you

We'll see. I've never had any interest in their club (always had a soft spot for Everton instead) so I can't claim to be an expert on their supporters but I'm not even sure I will remember any of it six months from now. Which makes my first sentence more like wishful thinking than anything else but if you do remember this conversation and they do too, feel free to remind me and I'll tip my hat to your superior knowledge (once again)!

We'll see. I've never had any interest in their club (always had a soft spot for Everton instead) so I can't claim to be an expert on their supporters but I'm not even sure I will remember any of it six months from now. Which makes my first sentence more like wishful thinking than anything else but if you do remember this conversation and they do too, feel free to remind me and I'll tip my hat to your superior knowledge (once again)!
Hey I’m not claiming superior knowledge I promise
But I do know their fan base
And I know our media too who will have it recycled just in time for that game

They think Destiny cheated (hence the abuse)

6 months is nothing to them when they constantly ram 1989 down your throat at every possible moment but conveniently forget 1985.
They will be out in full bilious force at that game.

6 months is nothing to them when they constantly ram 1989 down your throat at every possible moment but conveniently forget 1985.

The do have a right to be aggrieved at Hillsborough to be fair but the complete lack of acknowledgement of Heysel and their role in it is typical of that club. They held a trophy parade on the anniversary last year.

Could you imagine if South Yorkshire Police held some sort of celebratory parade on the anniversary of Hillsborough?

It's probably the worst thing about Liverpool fans - constantly bringing stuff to everyone's attention that nobody else gives a fudge about.

Hey I’m not claiming superior knowledge I promise
But I do know their fan base
And I know our media too who will have it recycled just in time for that game

That was a tongue-in-cheek comment (just to be on the safe side), although I do think most people know more about football (and specifically Liverpool fans) than I do. Twenty years ago, I'd watch games almost non-stop during the week-end. Now, I'm happy when I don't miss Spurs...

Take away VAR and the goal would still be disallowed and they'd be making petitions for the ref and assistant to never come near a Liverpool match again.

Take away VAR and the goal would still be disallowed and they'd be making petitions for the ref and assistant to never come near a Liverpool match again.
Oh they would be sharing the linos address so that his house got attacked
It’s all guns blazing with them

It's just speculation but I think the ref initially gave Jones a yellow card, didn't he?

Back