• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Le Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Official Match Thread ***

Over the last two games, the team has looked more effective when Holtby has been on the pitch, so I would definitely start him behind either Ade or Dempsey?

Just trawling through the Geordie forums, it seems around 60% reckon they'll beat us, most say it will be tight but some think it will be convincing.

One poster also replied to a Spurs fan in a match thread by saying that they have a much better team and next season will finish above us :-k[/QUOTE

Not that it matters but are you another member of the fair sex and do you drink the wine before you smash the bottle?

Your avatar comes up as a box with an x in it on my computer.

Haha, nah I'm a bloke mate. Was just remembering that scene in an Adam Sandler film where he calls up people he's harrassed as a youngster, ends up calling Henry Winkler (The Fonz) and apologises for bullying him. Winkler says it's fine and no lasting damage etc. Puts the phone down and starts applying lipstick whilst wearing women's clothing.

Basically, I'd had a lot of wine last night and in my head it made perfect sense to post that comment. On reflection it makes none whatsoever....

I'm absolutely baffled by this idea coming up that Siggy should start. We need to win this, Holtby has looked much better than Siggy, and with Clint needing a rest this is Holtby's chance. All IMHO of course :)

To be fair it is probably me over-complicating matters. I just have a hunch that Sig is going to get some vital goals for us, and I think this might be one of those games...it is only a matter of time before Holtby starts. I do see your point though...

People, it's not like Dempsey will be overly taxed by the travel. They're not pedal-powered, these planes.

Fly first class in North America or Trans-Atlantic and there's plenty of legroom to stretch out and sleep. His hardest tasks will be adjusting the overhead ventilation stream and saying no to the pastry tray.

Girl.

Trust me, the Americans have their travel arrangements for these games well in hand. As a result, they get results. Barring on-field mishap, and assuming he doesn't have to play a full match, our man Dempsey will come home in decent shape and be ready to contribute.

I hope we get a decent, goal-scoring start from Ade and have Dempsey comes on as a sub.

By the way, this just in from our sports medicine and science division:

Our Man Defoe, in hyper-accelerated recovery mode, within his altitude tent, pounding the keyboard to bring his memoirs to a wider world.

View attachment 1256

People, it's not like Dempsey will be overly taxed by the travel. They're not pedal-powered, these planes.

Fly first class in North America or Trans-Atlantic and there's plenty of legroom to stretch out and sleep. His hardest tasks will be adjusting the overhead ventilation stream and saying no to the pastry tray.

Girl.

Trust me, the Americans have their travel arrangements for these games well in hand. As a result, they get results. Barring on-field mishap, and assuming he doesn't have to play a full match, our man Dempsey will come home in decent shape and be ready to contribute.

I hope we get a decent, goal-scoring start from Ade and have Dempsey comes on as a sub.

Fair comments, but I disagree. No way is travelling thousands of miles the proper preparation for a game.

If Dempsey starts, he won't be be effective, I'm convinced of it.

I just hope AVB doesn't put my claim to the test.

We simply don't need Clint for this one

Ade and Holtby are obvious replacements and get Clint back freash for the next game, which is Thursday week I think.

actually i honestly don't know what to expect - haven't watched them play, don't know anything about the players except they were cheap and Wenger is jealous of Pardew for collecting them.

i suppose if they are feeling confident and open up to attack, it could work to our advantage.

we also have a wildcard in ade.

His plane fails to turn up so we should sack and fine him?

:-k

Plane?

If the article is true - he has intentionally decided to stay behind and disobey his team orders of leaving on a specific day - essentially deciding to extend his holiday.

Last edited:
Plane?

He has intentionally decided to stay behind and disobey his team orders of leaving on a specific day - essentially deciding to extend his holiday.

Yes the plane.

united_plane.jpg

They're used for flying between countries.

The one fit striker we have at the club and some want us to tinkle him off for something that we don't even know is his fault?

Madness.

Plane?

He has intentionally decided to stay behind and disobey his team orders of leaving on a specific day - essentially deciding to extend his holiday.

is this true? if so its out of order. The guy is so unreliable, just like his finishing

I'm not sure we're on the same pages

According to the article - they were meant to leave on a specific date - i.e. had a plane organised already, etc.

He then supposedly decided to stay behind and organise his own private plane - that's his personal decision and against the team's plan. Why do that anyway?

He can be decent or not - has no special rights as an employee of this club and shouldn't be treated any differently. Rules apply to everyone

I'm not sure we're on the same pages

According to the article - they were meant to leave on a specific date - i.e. had a plane organised already, etc.

He then supposedly decided to stay behind and organise his own private plane - that's his personal decision and against the team's plan. Why do that anyway?

He can be decent or not - has no special rights as an employee of this club and shouldn't be treated any differently. Rules apply to everyone

Yet if it was any other player people would give them time to explain their actions and what happened before grabbing the pitchforks and torches and rushing out of their houses.

How do you know he hasn't spoken to the club already? You don't.

How do you know he wasn't allowed 3-4 days of rest after the ACN because they knew it would take a lot out of him? You don't.

How would it benefit the club for him to stay over there and enjoy himself when our only other striker is out injured?

Last edited:
its ok anyway, Ade has already said he is exhausted. Tough life

Back