• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Le Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Official Match Thread ***

so you dont think if we hadnt have brought a striker in last jan we wouldnt have missed out on 3rd by 1 point after being 12 points clear of Arsenal in Feb...

Seriously, the hindsight arguments on this board are starting to annoy me.

When Levy made his decisions in January he didn't have this information available to him!

Most signings will increase the chance of picking up points of course. But from our position in January last year any signing made would only change the likelyhood of finishing higher in the table by some percentage, it wouldn't be an absolute. The chairman must plan both for reaching our goals and for missing out on them.

Seriously, the hindsight arguments on this board are starting to annoy me.

When Levy made his decisions in January he didn't have this information available to him!

Most signings will increase the chance of picking up points of course. But from our position in January last year any signing made would only change the likelyhood of finishing higher in the table by some percentage, it wouldn't be an absolute. The chairman must plan both for reaching our goals and for missing out on them.

We was 2 points off 1st in Jan when he decided to not spend a penny, only cost him £40m plus in the end...

Going way off topic her, but what the hell...

You can't just list the players that we failed to sell (or for Livermore and Kane perhaps didn't want to sell) and ignore the players Levy has been able to sell for very good money by using his strategy of waiting for a good deal. We've gotten more for players we've sold than most people on here have expected numerous times, why ignore that?

My point is that the money that the owners aren't taking money out of the club, the money that is available is being spent on the club (although not always straight away). The question is an easy one, would you like to see the club increase its debts significantly by spending money on players? That's what was indicated by marky's comment.

I agree with what you say but we have two strikers at the club, one seems to play when he feels like it and the other is not up to scratch, we have players that are out on loan or we dont play, even if we take a hit on the selling price we save on wages, we need a striker, I am more than happy the way things are going but not getting CL last year was a ball breaker, we deserve to be there.

I agree with what you say but we have two strikers at the club, one seems to play when he feels like it and the other is not up to scratch, we have players that are out on loan or we dont play, even if we take a hit on the selling price we save on wages, we need a striker, I am more than happy the way things are going but not getting CL last year was a ball breaker, we deserve to be there.

Yeah, I give up with this discussion in the OMT, if we're going to discuss not only last January, but also this January and the strategy with how we get rid of unwanted players it's just one bridge too far for into off topic land for me.

Sorry to go off track here, back on track with saturday..

---------------Lloris

Walker ???? Vertonghen BAE

--Lennon Parker Dembele Bale

----------Holtby

-------------Ade

Really not sure who to play next to Verts

Im going 2-1 Spurs..

Oh you're female?...hi.

You'll have to drag me away from my VdV shrine first!

Oh Rafa :( I have high hopes for young Lewis, but those are some massive boots to fill! I'm really sad that AVB never got to work with that spine we had last season, though I'll grant that maybe VdV's not so hot on working with another obsessive detailer.

Btw, I've never seen Bale racket up 50+ successful passes in a game before - obviously a lot of that is down to the 10-men thing, but I think he's developed his game through the middle and is more determined to get on the ball and drive us forward this season. I really think Holtby and an in-form Ade could have great chemistry with him since they love to drift (or buzz in Holtby's case) out wide and Bale's more lethal through the center now, even if he's not got the runs of a true CF atm (I don't doubt AVB prefers a real forward-facing no. 9 and Bale as a WF but if this clicks, I think we'd be pretty damn dangerous too). I also liked the little exchanges that Lewis played with Siggy in his few minutes at West Brom - still think the lad will play an important role this season as legs tire, kinda like Niko was for us the first season we finished fourth.

Just some positivity to counteract the 'Newchateau are terrifying and will either batter us to death or pass around us with their silky Continental skills' :lol:

Not sure really, Its between him and Gallas id say, I didnt think they hoofed it much not with Cisse up top he is hardly a target man

Wouldnt play Gallas unless last resort. I'm not sure what he adds - Not as good as Daws i nthe air, slower than Caulker, doesnt really offer as much leadership as he could despite his age.....

Wouldnt play Gallas unless last resort. I'm not sure what he adds - Not as good as Daws i nthe air, slower than Caulker, doesnt really offer as much leadership as he could despite his age.....

Gallas always cames back after people on here have written him off, but i would play Dawson and Vertonghen, there is no need to change it and they are more relevent for the future.

-----------LLoris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen BAE
Lennon--Parker--Dembele--Bale
-----------Holtby
----------Adebayor

Spurs 2-2 Châteauneuf

-----------LLoris
Lennon--Parker--Dembele--Bale
-----------Holtby
----------Adebayor

Agreed with the team, the formation will see Bale more forward than Holtby I hope. I think Lewis is better buzzing around in the mid, and Bale' the most likely to score ATM.

Clint will need resting after being away with the USA.

I think we'd be better off to continue to use Holtby as an impact sub.

I'd start with Siggurdsson just off Ade (if he's back) and keep a similar line-up to West Brom (though I would be tempted to play Caulker for his pace, but I was surprised that Lukaku was kept at bay more than I expected).

So my team would be:

----------Llloris

Lennon Parker Dembele Bale
Siggurdsson
Adebayor

If Ade isn't starting, then I'd start Holtby behind Bale and have Siggurdsson on the left8-[

I think it would a real slap in the face if Siggy is preferred to Holtby, Lewis has looked far the better player.

This is a game we need to win, and Siggy isn't the answer, IMHO.

I think it would a real slap in the face if Siggy is preferred to Holtby, Lewis has looked far the better player.

This is a game we need to win, and Siggy isn't the answer, IMHO.

Personally I can really see siggy and lewis complimenting each other really well, interchanging between playing in the hole and playing a bit deeper.. Both have great engines, both know how to tackle and both have an eye for a goal.. With dembele supporting, I think they could be formidable played alongside one another. Just my opinion.

Nice payout for betting on a draw, I want too but would feel kinda like a traitor. Benefiting from our own demise :(

Back