• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Hull City OMT ***

30 passes total. But 2 actual passes. Verts Rose Eriksen.

I.e. We probed and waited for a while before Rose thought "sod this" and actually trusted his back three to defend, sprinting up the wing and into the box. 3 seconds, goal.

Same with Dier Walker Eriksen.

Indeed.

But all the fannying around drew Hull out, meaning there was space for the ball over the top into the channel.

Gotta go back to go forwards, sometimes.

I'm saying we should try to cut out passing the ball all the way back to Alderweireld or Lloris when we are on the edge of the opponent's box.
We do put reverse gear on too much for my liking...put ourselves under pressure sometimes for no reason....

I'm saying we should try to cut out passing the ball all the way back to Alderweireld or Lloris when we are on the edge of the opponent's box.

At least Alderweireld knows how to hit it. Lloris couldn't hit a barn door etc. I agree though, we shouldn't have to, but if push comes to shove, it's better that Alder or Verts hits it up, rather than Lloris, who simply can't seem to find a team mate with his long balls (by far the weakest part of his play, which tells you a little something about what an outstanding GK he is).

I liked 3 at the back last night, and I think that Hull struggled with a tactic they weren't expecting from us, for the first 30 minutes or so anyway. After that they seemed to adjust and we didn't look so good, until we got the 2nd goal and killed the game.

I wonder if Poch will stick with it, or whether it was just for that particular game.

Good result.

Have yet to see the highlights, but have seen the goals (though not the apparent 30-pass move leading up to Eriksen's first).

Was the second Eriksen goal the best we have scored in terms of creativity?

Onwards and upwards; now NEED to beat Burnley on Sunday. COYS

Good result.

Have yet to see the highlights, but have seen the goals (though not the apparent 30-pass move leading up to Eriksen's first).

Was the second Eriksen goal the best we have scored in terms of creativity?

Onwards and upwards; now NEED to beat Burnley on Sunday. COYS
Must win.

This was a much needed win. But it was not really as comfortable as the score suggests. We really made the hard work of it. This was supposed to be a routine win as we always win against Hull. But we took long time to kill them off with our third goal. Until the third goal, thought Hull were still in the game and had a few good chances to score as well. In fact, it was very tense until the third goal. Fortunately, we managed to kill them off. Just wish we had scored 1 or 2 more goals.

Credit to Eriksen and Wanyama for the goals. Surely, Eriksen was man-of-the-match as he scored 2 goals and assisting another with a good freekick. Despite his goal, really disappointed Eriksen again fail to score from his 3 freekicks even if we scored after one of his freekicks was saved by the goalie. It was has too long since he scored direct from a freekick ! I think the most disappointing thing from this match was Kane failing to score. Kane had another poor match and didn't look like scoring. He really should have scored from the Walker pass which was tapped in by Eriksen for our second goal. Wish Kane had managed to score instead of Wanyama.

It was nice to see our midfield scoring all our 3 goals. But we cannot get carried away as Hull was very poor. Thought Alli and Son was poor again. Can't help but worried about Alli. He is still struggling to find the form of last season. Wish Lamela will come back soon as our options are very limited. Winks was unlucky not to score late in the match. But again found it annoying to see Onomah coming on in the second half. Atleast Winks has done decently whenever he has played. But Onomah has not done anything to play in our first team so far. Pochettino should have brought on Nkoudou instead.

Well done to our defence for not only keeping the clean sheet but also for assisting 2 of the goals. Rose and Walker did really well to create our first and second goals. But Lloris also had to make 2 or 3 good saves to stop Hull from scoring. I think Livermore had about 3 chances to score for Hull. Alderweireld still looks rusty. Maybe he will need more time to get back his old form.

It is always great to win a match by scoring more than 2 goals ! Ofcourse, Hull were very poor. But we did well to make use of our chances. Despite the big win, we still need to be more clinical in front of goal. Hopefully, this win will boost our confidence to go on a winning run now.

But you're using figures from after GBs post to hang him.
And the 'assist' was a double deflection that fell in such a way it required an exceptional strike to score from.
Just think it seems a bit harsh to criticise GB on this occasion.

OK. Lets get this straight.
I was replaying to GB's post in this thread. The Hull game.

Maybe, I shouldn't have used the goals/assist for this game. Sorry :(

But before this game Eriksen had 3 goals and an assist in his last 3 games.
That is a goal a game!:)
Was that not performing well enough to start the game.

GB did not include Eriksen in his starting lineup against Hull.
When challenged, he said that he will only consider him when he starts performing.

Please explain to me how 3 goals & an assist in the 3 previous games in NOT performing well enough.

Who else was performing better?

OK. Lets get this straight.
I was replaying to GB's post in this thread. The Hull game.

Maybe, I shouldn't have used the goals/assist for this game. Sorry :(

But before this game Eriksen had 3 goals and an assist in his last 3 games.
That is a goal a game!:)
Was that not performing well enough to start the game.

GB did not include Eriksen in his starting lineup against Hull.
When challenged, he said that he will only consider him when he starts performing.

Please explain to me how 3 goals & an assist in the 3 previous games in NOT performing well enough.

Who else was performing better?
I agree with you on the point of no one is else is performing behind the front man, been saying it since the start of the season. The fault isn't in Harry or Janssen, it's behind them.
It's now the weak point in our squad imo, the three are to inconsistent.
As for the GB thing, it just seemed everyone was jumping on him when he had a point, we don't know which eriksen isn't going to turn up. He was good against hull, CSKA and Swansea but poor against man u and half of the Chelsea game. But then so we're the others, whatever tweaks poch made in close season have fully clicked yet for whatever reason. Let's hope they do soon.

I agree with you on the point of no one is else is performing behind the front man, been saying it since the start of the season. The fault isn't in Harry or Janssen, it's behind them.
It's now the weak point in our squad imo, the three are to inconsistent.
As for the GB thing, it just seemed everyone was jumping on him when he had a point, we don't know which eriksen isn't going to turn up. He was good against hull, CSKA and Swansea but poor against man u and half of the Chelsea game. But then so we're the others, whatever tweaks poch made in close season have fully clicked yet for whatever reason. Let's hope they do soon.

I still say some of our players have a hangover from the summer tournaments. In reality a Poch had so little time with them in the summer and gets no time really midweek as we're playing

Compare that to the two most improved sides at the top of the tree and althoughheh had players away they have that extra midweek time

I still say some of our players have a hangover from the summer tournaments. In reality a Poch had so little time with them in the summer and gets no time really midweek as we're playing

Compare that to the two most improved sides at the top of the tree and althoughheh had players away they have that extra midweek time
This season is following the same pattern as last season, good stats if the bigger picture is looked at but not so good in isolation. Too many draws against teams we should be beating. Tactical changes are taking a while to bed in, the commentators mentioned it during the man u game, under poch it's about now we start to kick on.
Don't think it's coincidence that it's after European ties are out the way so there's more training time and players are starting to get comfortable with the evolution from last year.

Back