• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Hull City OMT ***

Good game. Good win. Should have been more than 3. At least one clear pen not given. We seemed to make far harder work of it than Hull merited. We are becoming masters at slowing down our own momentum at times and it is frustrating as hell to watch the sideways-backwards passes when we could be moving the ball forward, quickly.
Good to see Sissolo making his mark and showing what he can do.

Once the went behind they started to have a go

If big Victor wasn't so sloppy in the idle of the park with his passes they wouldn't have had half their breaks

We were comfortable in reality and games are coming thick and fast now s saving something isn't gonna hurt

There were a couple of dodgy passes out from Hugo which against a better/faster team could have caused us problems
(For balance, he did also make a couple of very good clearances running out of his area).

I've just watched the game on delay and I can't understand the Onomah comments at all, I can only think that some are expecting the world from him in 7 minutes. He's come on at a time where the game is done and it's two teams playing out the final stages. In that time he chased down and made two successful challenges that resulted in attacks, he drew a free-kick in the final third, never lost the ball completing all of his passes and had a shot blocked. Nothing spectacular but I don't see what he did in that time to deserve comments saying he was the only disappointment of the night? I just think it's beyond ridiculous if I'm being honest. Nothing about Alli, Kane or Son who was pretty poor when he came on, just focusing on Onomah not tearing it up.

I think where the problem lies is that those who haven't seen him before are expecting a completely different kind of player to what he actually is. Pochettino brings him on in forward positions so fans are expecting someone that's going to run at defences, attack and score goals like a Marcus Rashford type player but that's not his game at all. Imagine Dembele but as a physically slight 19 year old, that's basically what Josh is. He's a deep-lying central midfielder but Poch obviously doesn't think he's ready for that level of responsibility yet so he plays him higher up the field where any mistake is less likely to be a fatal one. Spurs fans like to preach that Poch knows best so maybe just back him on this one and give the kid time and support.

Thought Sissoko was very good tonight. He runs at defenders which is something we lack. Still looks a bit uncoordinated at times on the ball but I'm not writing him off at this stage.

Pleased with thr win but I thought we made quite hard work of it. I wish we would stop playing short goal kicks to players and putting them in dangerous positions like it's a religion. Sometimes Lloris's decision making in this area leave a lot to be desired.

Our build play is still a work in progress this season. I'm all for being patient with the ball but on too many occasions this season we get the ball to the edge of the opponent's box only to pass the ball gradually all the way back to the CB's or Lloris. Perhaps we could get more players in the box to hopefully create more space just outside the box.

Would like to see NKoudou on Sunday from the start and give Sissoko another start.

We played well
They had some some good spells though
Erisken ran the show for me
Sissoko was very good too
Kane wasn't in it much and Alli was not great too

Glad to hear Sissoko and Eriksen were up to scratch :) - was Eriksen playing deeper, or did Dier get forward a bit more? The lineup had me a bit confused, since I figured Dier would take Dembele's role, but he didn't seem suited to it.

Very good overall. There was about a 15-20 min spell before the second goal where we were spinning our wheels and going nowhere but the second goal gave us the traction to kick on.

Eriksen MOTM for me. Full backs excellent as usual. Sissoko very good but still lacking a bit of end product. Kane, Alli and Son later were poor but the rest more than made up for their deficiencies.

Genuinely great to hear - thanks mate. ;)

Sissoko 6/10 a bit up and down but better.

3pts we move on.

Eriksen was my MOTM
Rose and Walker good.
Winks came on and was excellent.

Well, the consensus seems to be that Sissoko was good (at least in flashes), Eriksen great, Rose and Walker great, and Kane, Alli and Son a bit sub-par. Well, I'll definitely take that as a nice improvement over United. ;)

Glad to hear Sissoko and Eriksen were up to scratch :) - was Eriksen playing deeper, or did Dier get forward a bit more? The lineup had me a bit confused, since I figured Dier would take Dembele's role, but he didn't seem suited to it.
Dier was in a back three. Started right side, then went central sometimes. Wingbacks. Wanyama. Other players up top runnin around a bit

Just now, 85 mins, chases back to prevent a throw in, then launches upfield creating space for our midfield.

I used to think he lacked half a brain, probably just lacked proper coaching. Hat off to both him and Poch!
Has never lacked anything, has just naturally got better as he has gained experience.

Dier was in a back three. Started right side, then went central sometimes. Wingbacks. Wanyama. Other players up top runnin around a bit

Ah - can't see why I didn't think of that. I must say, I'm liking this somewhat sustained run of tactical shifts game-to-game - I appreciate the arguments that this might impact our fluidity, but I'd rather Poch develops an idea of Plans B, C and D than try to recover our lost fluidity by staying the same throughout the season, at least tactics-wise. :)

I've just watched the game on delay and I can't understand the Onomah comments at all, I can only think that some are expecting the world from him in 7 minutes. He's come on at a time where the game is done and it's two teams playing out the final stages. In that time he chased down and made two successful challenges that resulted in attacks, he drew a free-kick in the final third, never lost the ball completing all of his passes and had a shot blocked. Nothing spectacular but I don't see what he did in that time to deserve comments saying he was the only disappointment of the night? I just think it's beyond ridiculous if I'm being honest. Nothing about Alli, Kane or Son who was pretty poor when he came on, just focusing on Onomah not tearing it up.

I think where the problem lies is that those who haven't seen him before are expecting a completely different kind of player to what he actually is. Pochettino brings him on in forward positions so fans are expecting someone that's going to run at defences, attack and score goals like a Marcus Rashford type player but that's not his game at all. Imagine Dembele but as a physically slight 19 year old, that's basically what Josh is. He's a deep-lying central midfielder but Poch obviously doesn't think he's ready for that level of responsibility yet so he plays him higher up the field where any mistake is less likely to be a fatal one. Spurs fans like to preach that Poch knows best so maybe just back him on this one and give the kid time and support.
Oh stop it! It's not about tearing it up! It's about showing some fudging interest! When he got the shot blocked from Son's pass, he could not have looked more desireless. It's about change of pace, hunger, looking like you want the ball instead of hiding. Winks got that. Onomah so far, meh.

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

Last edited:
Oh stop it! It's not about tearing it up! It's about showing some fudging interest! When he got the shot blocked from Son's pass, he could not have seen less desire. It's about change of pace, hunger, looking like you want the ball instead of hiding. Winks got that. Onomah so far, meh.

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner
Probably feels he needs to play more, but hasn't pulled up any trees. Young players are liable to get despondent quickly.
As Finney says, a loan would give him the games. I have seen glimpses of skill and imagination in youth and reserve games from him, so I would like to see what he can do with a regular berth somewhere.

Probably feels he needs to play more, but hasn't pulled up any trees. Young players are liable to get despondent quickly.
As Finney says, a loan would give him the games. I have seen glimpses of skill and imagination in youth and reserve games from him, so I would like to see what he can do with a regular berth somewhere.
He probably needs more games yes, but on the other hand, other young players come in to teams and just go for it, and look like they belong there. Take Rashford last year as an example, and Winks for us. They look totally different in attitude to Onomah. I'm certainly not writing him off, far from it as I can see there is a player there, but he hasn't really made the most of his cameos yet. Hopefully he will, but so far I'm a little bit disappointed.

He probably needs more games yes, but on the other hand, other young players come in to teams and just go for it, and look like they belong there. Take Rashford last year as an example, and Winks for us. They look totally different in attitude to Onomah. I'm certainly not writing him off, far from it as I can see there is a player there, but he hasn't really made the most of his cameos yet. Hopefully he will, but so far I'm a little bit disappointed.

This this this

Onomah doesn't seem to actually want to be there to me

Winks came in and looks a fit straight away

Josh (who i know is younger) comes on and doesn't impact the game on any level for me so far

Last edited:
So good to be back at The Lane last night. Had a bit of an explore around the site for the new stadium, heart was swelling with pride.

Only seen us at Wembley this season so far so underestimated the difference between that and our home. I hardly sing at Wembley, didn't stop in Park Lane. Loved that we kept shouting for Winks to get the ball, and when he did to cheer and clap. Then chanting Winks instead of Yid for the drum chant! Solid game although we were really slow to get into the game at the start of the second half. A better team would have punished us. I feel Alli needs benching for a bit, Lamela is now back right? He can slot into the middle if so. Sissoko was great for driving with the ball, if he had scored I would have lost my brick! Watching Jan in the flesh again, he's such a Rolls Royce of a defender, so classy. Toby directing from the back was a wonderful sight as well. Poch needs to stop this silliness about always playing it out from the back, it gets us into trouble. Sometimes it's fine to just smash the ball out as far as possible.

Walker and Rose have to be the best performing full-backs in the PL right now. We are lucky that they fit into the system so well. So important to both our defending and attacking play. Overall, it was a good evenings work.

Back