• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Everton *** OMT

That's harsh. I'm sure someone posted stats this season that he covers more ground than any player in the team except Kane. He even covers more ground than Erik "work rate" Lamela.
Maybe it is a little harsh but I think a Poch needs to make a point here. Eriksen's overall contribution this season has been fantastic, no doubt about it, that is except for the last half a dozen games or so where he has been dialling it in IMO. For the money these guys earn lack of commitment should never ever be an issue, but his motivation levels looked have dropped from what I can see. Chadli has been guilty of this too really. I'd bring Dembele back in at the 10 and Townsend on the left in their stead.

I don't think he was a failure. He got Sunderland promoted from virtually the bottom of the championship. His personality will always limit him though he falls out with too many people.

He's a very good pundit IMO. Talks sense with an eerie whiff of violence. I like that he's not afraid to speak his mind, remember when he criticised Joe Hart? At the time it was exactly what most pundits were too firghetened to say about his form, most of the pundits are afraid to be too critical compared to American sports for example where they really don't care how controversial their opinions may be.
Couldn't agree more. He is a compelling pundit with a strange cult of personality IMO. A whiff of violence is a great way to put it. You cannot takes yours eyes off him really and his co-pundits look like they are bricking themselves half of the time. Just compare that to the banal platitudes that drone out of Henry's mouth.

Maybe it is a little harsh but I think a Poch needs to make a point here. Eriksen's overall contribution this season has been fantastic, no doubt about it, that is except for the last half a dozen games or so where he has been dialling it in IMO. For the money these guys earn lack of commitment should never ever be an issue, but his motivation levels looked have dropped from what I can see. Chadli has been guilty of this too really. I'd bring Dembele back in at the 10 and Townsend on the left in their stead.

I don't think we're in the position to be benching Eriksen. Yes he's still too inconsistent but it's not like we have anyone who's better than him or even anywhere near as good. He's actually worked harder than Lamela in some of the games, but it's Lamela's calling card so he gets away with just working hard.

To sum up, I believe him or Kane need to be playing especially bad, like Vlad Chiriches bad for us to consider dropping either player.

I don't think we're in the position to be benching Eriksen. Yes he's still too inconsistent but it's not like we have anyone who's better than him or even anywhere near as good. He's actually worked harder than Lamela in some of the games, but it's Lamela's calling card so he gets away with just working hard.

To sum up, I believe him or Kane need to be playing especially bad, like Vlad Chiriches bad for us to consider dropping either player.

Nobody's place should be a given.If we had to wait for everyone to play as bad as Chiriches before dropping them we would be rightly in the brick.

I agree that when on song Eriksen is our main man but he's not shown that for me recently. Your place on the team should be based on how well you are performing compared to those in your position and nothing else. He has had a far better season than Lamela in every aspect, but Lamela showings of late have been good and improving and Eriksen the opposite.

Last edited:
Cant believe its the final match tomorrow, only seems a few months ago we were whacking QPR 4-0 at home.

Lets hope we finish in style with an away day win to take us into the summer break and 3 months of will Hugo leave or wont he

everton win, we finish 6th or 7th and can look forward to the thrill ride that is the EL next season

Cant believe its the final match tomorrow, only seems a few months ago we were whacking QPR 4-0 at home.

Feeling the same. Felt like the season went too fast. It had been a topsy turvy season for us as we started well, then lost form, then regained the form only to lose it again when it mattered most. Regardless of our form, it is always a joy watching us play. And it will be a really frustrating and depressing without any football after the season finishes, especially with no World Cup or Euro to look forward to until next season.

Feeling the same. Felt like the season went too fast. It had been a topsy turvy season for us as we started well, then lost form, then regained the form only to lose it again when it mattered most. Regardless of our form, it is always a joy watching us play. And it will be a really frustrating and depressing without any football after the season finishes, especially with no World Cup or Euro to look forward to until next season.

Wont be quite as bad as normal non-World Cup and Euros close seasons. With the 2 added friendlies next week and the earlier start to next season, the waiting time is 2 weeks less than normal. It's still possible we may be starting our season on Thursday 30th July so even another week closer (although I would rather us be starting on 9th August with us safely in the EL Group stages)

everton win, we finish 6th or 7th and can look forward to the thrill ride that is the EL next season

Surely, we have to finish in top 6. It will be a huge setback for us if we finish 7th. It will mean we are moving backwards as we finished 4th in 2012, 5th in 2013 and 6th last season. In fact, we have been in top 6 since 2010. Besides, 7th position seems to be a jinx place for us as we have only finished there twice in our history, in 1968 and 1995. We don't want to start an unwanted trend now, do we.

Wont be quite as bad as normal non-World Cup and Euros close seasons. With the 2 added friendlies next week and the earlier start to next season, the waiting time is 2 weeks less than normal. It's still possible we may be starting our season on Thursday 30th July so even another week closer (although I would rather us be starting on 9th August with us safely in the EL Group stages)

It is amazing how much football, for that matter Spurs, influences our life. We look forward to watching Spurs every week. Apart from Spurs, I only follow international competitions like WC and Euro. So, it is going to be really boring May-July period. We do have Copa America 2015 from June 11-July 4 but with all the matches coming at late mornings here in Asia, so can hardly watch them.

Spurs win, Liverpool lose, Spurs finish in 5th place and can look forward to the thrill ride that is the EL next season

Liverpool HAVE to win if we win to finish above us. I think beating Everton away is easier than beating Stoke away.

Personally, I think both will end in draws. Lets just hope Southampton dont win because if thats the case, they'll get 5th.

Hard to get motivated for this match. We have nothing but pride to play for in this match. But surely we have to win this match to finish in top 6. It will be unacceptable if we drop to 7th after finishing in top 6 since 2010. Ofcourse, Southampton need to get atleast a draw against ManCity to overtake us. But we cannot take any risk. Want us to finish this season in a winning form. We have a very poor record at Everton as we are winless in the last 7 matches there. Our last win there came in 2007. So, it will be great to win there after so long.

Hope we will finish this season in a goal scoring form. Chadli did well to score against Hull last week. But both Kane and Eriksen have been badly out of form in recent matches. Want both to score in this match, especially Kane. He has been in poor form since playing for England. Hope he will get his 21st league goal of the season in this match. Similiarly, want Eriksen to score to atleast finish equal with Chadli on 11 league goals this season. Ofcourse, won't mind if Chadli continue his goal scoring form to finish as our top goal scoring midfielder this season.

This match will be won or lost in midfield. I think Everton have many quality midfielders who can trouble us if we let them. Really wish Pochettino will play Dembele-Stambouli together in midfield for once. But disappointingly, Pochettino seems too obsessed with playing Mason-Bentaleb all the time. Lamela did well to create the goal for Chadli against Hull last week. Hope Lamela will have another good match here. It will be even better if Lamela can score in this match as well. Also want to see Paulinho have a part in this match since he might leave next season.

Our defence have been a big letdown this season. But hope they will finish this season in a positive mood by keeping a clean sheet. Vertonghen and Fazio did well to keep the clean sheet against Hull. So, they should start in this match. In fact, they should have been our main defensive partnership this season. But disappointingly, Pochettino didn't play them together much. Hope Lloris will be in great form to help us keep a clean sheet.

It has been a topsy turvy season for us. Disappointingly we failed to achieve the top 4 place we aimed for. But atleast we should finish in top 6 by winning this match.

Everybody dance now!

Hope we will play our best 11 and get an erection inducing win to bring to the next season.

Let's give a last hoorah to those hopefully off - or in Friedel's case, just off:

--------------------------Friedel
-----Chiriches--Capoue---Kaboul----Vertonghen
------------------Paulinho--Dembele
------Lamela---------------------------Townsend
-----------------Soldado----Adebayor

3 at the back !. no Brad in sight

Lloris; Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen; Lamela, Chadli, Dembele, Mason, Bentaleb; Eriksen; Kane.

25 Benjamin Stambouli
  • 12 DeAndre Yedlin
  • 9 Roberto Soldado
  • 44 Harry Winks
  • 47 Josh Onomah
  • 13 Michel Vorm
  • 17 Andros Townsend

Lloris (c), Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen; Bentaleb, Dembele, Mason, Chadli, Lamela; Eriksen; Kane
Subs: Vorm, Yedlin, Onomah, Stambouli, Townsend, Winks, Soldado

Bentaleb at left back?
No Friedel?
A wild Dembele appears?
Onomah and Winks?

Interesting. I guess we know why Rose wasn't called up to the England squad.

Back