• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Wigan Athletic Match History 2005-2013 & OMT

Having Defoe, Bale & Lennon all available against Wigan is a huge boost to our attacking prospects - combined, they've scored 14 goals against Wigan between them.

I agree.... a massive boost.

I am more positive about this than most.

we have been fab away and at some stage in this game wigan will have to push on and open up. our 4-2-3-1 will crucify them on the counter.

I hope Martinez goes 4-4-2 as when they have done this recently the have looked poor.

I guess the main danger for us is to concede something early and cheap and give them the iniative - I doubt we will keep a clean sheet but if this game is still 0-0 at say 65min (i doubt) then it will be interesting to see if we have the courage/bottle and whether avb can recreate another substitution masterclass.

I am going 3-1 to us they will pull back to 2-1 and then we will hit them late on with the third.

Please let this happen - and I pray man u arnt in holiday mode and swansea can pick up their form.

I agree.... a massive boost.

I am more positive about this than most.

we have been fab away and at some stage in this game wigan will have to push on and open up. our 4-2-3-1 will crucify them on the counter.

I hope Martinez goes 4-4-2 as when they have done this recently the have looked poor.

I guess the main danger for us is to concede something early and cheap and give them the iniative - I doubt we will keep a clean sheet but if this game is still 0-0 at say 65min (i doubt) then it will be interesting to see if we have the courage/bottle and whether avb can recreate another substitution masterclass.

I am going 3-1 to us they will pull back to 2-1 and then we will hit them late on with the third.

Please let this happen - and I pray man u arnt in holiday mode and swansea can pick up their form.

Wigan have played 343 all season except when they changed to 541 to be defensive. No idea where you got this 442 idea from.

However it comes about, we just have to get 3 points. 0-1 or 3-4, dont care, just want 3 points to go into the Southampton game.

Wigan have played 343 all season except when they changed to 541 to be defensive. No idea where you got this 442 idea from.

recent home game they went 4-4-2 and lost and didnt look good played di santo up front with kone.

sorry I cant remember which game but im sure they went to a 4-4-2 ......maybe it was in game so appologies or if it was a 4-2-3-1.....either way they seem to play best with 3cb and wing backs.

Wembley will hopefully be a big distraction
Everyone of our key players seems to be on the road to fitness

Massive game to get the win and put pressure on chelsea & arsenal
Underestimating Wigan is not an option
Shoot on sight please Mr Defoe
To much class for them if we match them for effort

We have to build on erection inducing win last weekend
I believe our fans will be awesome at the DW
Nigel is my name and wanting the best for spurs is my game!!

I don't think we would dare under estimate Wigan. If anything the lads are probably still feeling a little stung from that 1-0 defeat at home. Was looking at that game thinking what went wrong. Sandro went off in the 20th odd minute, and we had Siggy and Thudd in CM, in a 4-4-1-1.

We should be a completely different kettle of fish this time. Kone ran riot v Gallas and Caulker at CB. I'd like to see Verts and Daws at the back. And I'd like to think Bale will cause Havoc here, and if they try and snuff him out, hopefully Azza will cause mayhem.

McCarthy, Maloney, Watson are neat tidy players. Industrious. We could leave ourselves short in midfield with just Dembele and Parker. Ideally if Bale plays in the AM role, off the ball he should be trying to make up the numbers in that CM area. Azza will give us some work ethic, will be great to get that pace back in the side with Lennon, Walker and Bale.

I don't think we would dare under estimate Wigan. If anything the lads are probably still feeling a little stung from that 1-0 defeat at home. Was looking at that game thinking what went wrong. Sandro went off in the 20th odd minute, and we had Siggy and Thudd in CM, in a 4-4-1-1.

We should be a completely different kettle of fish this time. Kone ran riot v Gallas and Caulker at CB. I'd like to see Verts and Daws at the back. And I'd like to think Bale will cause Havoc here, and if they try and snuff him out, hopefully Azza will cause mayhem.

McCarthy, Maloney, Watson are neat tidy players. Industrious. We could leave ourselves short in midfield with just Dembele and Parker. Ideally if Bale plays in the AM role, off the ball he should be trying to make up the numbers in that CM area. Azza will give us some work ethic, will be great to get that pace back in the side with Lennon, Walker and Bale.

I would hope that given we dont have any other massive games on teh horizon that there arent any distractions - bigger risk might be next weekend when the CHelsea game is a few days after

Given the players have also had a couple days off and a clear week, they should be building up to this game like a cup final - really is no excuse not to be flying when we go into this game

Given the players have also had a couple days off and a clear week, they should be building up to this game like a cup final - really is no excuse not to be flying when we go into this game

I agree with this... we should be looking to improve our goal difference as much as possible over the next 4 games... we have had a hatful against this lot before, and we could really do with trying to bridge the gap to Arsenal and Chelsea if at all possible... as we are 13/14 goals worse off.

I agree with this... we should be looking to improve our goal difference as much as possible over the next 4 games... we have had a hatful against this lot before, and we could really do with trying to bridge the gap to Arsenal and Chelsea if at all possible... as we are 13/14 goals worse off.

We're not going to bridge that gap to be fair. 1 goal wins will do me just fine. Unfortunately I think the GD is massive so we are in that respect an extra point behind both of them.

We're not going to bridge that gap to be fair. 1 goal wins will do me just fine. Unfortunately I think the GD is massive so we are in that respect an extra point behind both of them.

agree! Not a hope in hell that we would close that sort of GD gap!

Andre on Wigan: “It’s a totally different proposition (to City last week) but just as important. Wigan’s ambitions are as important as Emirates Marketing Project’s, and ours. We expect a difficult game. We have to understand that only the same motivation as playing against the champions will give us the conditions to win this game. All of our remaining five games are vital. Destiny is in our hands and will try to get as many points as possible. Aaron has trained with the team and is back in contention. It’s good to have him back. He’s a player who has had a great impact this season."

Interesting that Zeki Fryers is now training with the first team squad.

He's been used by our U21s as both a full-back and central defender this season, so perhaps AVB is looking to him as a regular squad member for next season, perhaps in place of Gallas?

Its massive, but we should try... we beat Wigan, Southampton and Sunderland by 10 goals in total... , and I'll take a cheeky 2-0 against Chelsea and we';re above them! Now, where did I park my flying pig?

TEAM NEWS
Posted 25 April 2013 3:34pm

Andre Villas-Boas reports that Aaron Lennon is back in the frame for Saturday’s trip to Wigan in the Premier League.
The in-form winger has missed our last three matches after picking up an injury against FC Basel on April 4.

“Aaron has trained with the team and is back in contention,” said Andre. “It’s good to have him back. He’s a player who has had a great impact this season.”

William Gallas, Younes Kaboul and Sandro remain out.

Think teh team news makes 4-2-3-1 now much more likely given the key man for the formation is back

From the picture on the website it looks like he's properly fit as well

Interesting that Zeki Fryers is now training with the first team squad.

He's been used by our U21s as both a full-back and central defender this season, so perhaps AVB is looking to him as a regular squad member for next season, perhaps in place of Gallas?

Be interesting to see what happens with Fryers and Rose next season - neither proably good enough to be first choice but you dont need 3 LBs. Might be best if Fryers is loaned out for the season to PL team

Back