• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Wigan Athletic Match History 2005-2013 & OMT

Don't think it will be the exact same team. In prioritized order of probability we might see Holtby, Naughton, Caulker, Defoe or Hudd. Possibly dropped: Sig, BAE, Parker, Ade

For now I'm just clinging to the hope of seeing Lennon back this season.

It still would be a little bit, unless Bale and Sigurdsson switched places(which they won't). I very much doubt Lennon will start though anyway.

It still would be a little bit, unless Bale and Sigurdsson switched places(which they won't). I very much doubt Lennon will start though anyway.

It'll be a wonky, which is completely viable. The problem against City was that both wide players in the three were trying to come inside, which made us incredibly narrow.

Will be amazed if Lennon is back for Wigan. AVB said at the weekend that he might train tomorrow but Lennon has never been the quickest to recovered from injuried - I would actually be pleased to see him start the week after. I fear we might not see him til August

I suspect 433 is the best formation to play against wigan's annoying 343.
We lost at home to Wigan in November with Huddlestone and Defoe both starting.

.........................Lloris..............................
Walker....Dawson....Vertonghen....Ekotto
............Huddlestone...Holtby...................
.........................Dembele.........................
Bale.............................................Dempsey
.........................Adebayor.........................

Such a big call for AVB this one, stick with a team thats had the most impressive spurs away form i can remember or be swayed by how much better we looked in 433 with Hudd, Holtby and Defoe on on sunday. If Lennon is fit i would be tempted to stick knowing you have the weapons on the bench if and when needed, think Andre may do this too. This ofcourse means more parker and either Sig or Dempsey left. I have tried to keep faith in Ade but quite simply we need goals to win, Defoe scored a great goal, will be confident and gets on streaks ..... My Team

...................Lloris..........................
Walker.....Daws.....Verts......Bae
..........Parker....Dembele.......
Azza..........Bale.........Sig
............Defoe..............

Will be amazed if Lennon is back for Wigan. AVB said at the weekend that he might train tomorrow but Lennon has never been the quickest to recovered from injuried - I would actually be pleased to see him start the week after. I fear we might not see him til August

Wuh? The guy's been out for a couple of weeks, it's not as if he's coming back from a 9 month cruciate layoff. I fully expect him to be playing.

He was in the frame for the City match, so why would he not be available for Wigan a week later?

I hope to GHod we can pick something up against them.

Heart says a scrawpy 1-0 Maloney, with a barrage to contend with in the last 15 mins

Bale is playing with an injury so needs nobbling early on by I presume, Caldwell.

Heart says a win(always does) but head says no points.

I reckon Bale wont start. I think spurs will be thinking they'll have enough without risking him so he'll be on the bench. If he does start or comes on, someone needs to kick him. Is Callum available?

We are not a nobbling team unless the rock 2 sorts him out

Our record against the top seven this season reads 1-1-10 with the one win being at White Hart Lane a lot against the run of play, not that I'm bothered with how we win. If Bale plays, he'll tear us apart down whichever wing he plays so our only hope is that Adebayor plays, rather than Defoe. I want to see us win, but I think a draw is the best we can hope for.

One of the best Spurs comebacks for many a year against City, doubt if they will hit those heights again on Saturday.

The three points are ours for the taking if we play to our strengths, it isn't all doom & gloom just yet, especially while it is still in our own hands.

Strange how fans of bottom half clubs always say the three points are there for the taking, then bitch and moan afterwards about lazy, gutless players that didn't bother trying. Maybe part of the reason you all lose far more games than you win is that your player just aren't very good? You can be positive and realistic at the same time, it doesn't have to be blind optimism followed by deep depression and anger because the other team happened to be a lot better than you.

.........................Lloris..............................
Walker....Dawson....Vertonghen....Ekotto
............Huddlestone...Holtby...................
.........................Dembele.........................
Bale.............................................Dempsey
.........................Adebayor.........................

I really like this, but I think we'll still start with Parker and Siggy.

I feel that Holtby has done enough to warrant a start from his last few appearances, I just feel AVB may not trust Thudd enough for a full 90-minutes.

He was in the frame for the City match, so why would he not be available for Wigan a week later?

Lets see - last weekend they said that they hoped he would train today (Wed) however as I said above he's never been the quickest to recover from injuries and also remember that be was meant to be back training 'within 2 weeks' of the Basel game (3 weeks ago).

I don't think there's a chance of him starting on Sat - would be brilliant if he's genuinely recovered and on the bench

------------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------------

Walker-------------------Dawson------------Vertonghen------------Ekotto

-----------------------------------Huddlestone-------------------------------

--------------------------Dembele--------------Holtby-----------------------

-----Bale----------------------------------------------------------Dempsey--

-------------------------------------Defoe-------------------------------------

Subs: Friedel, Naughton, Caulker, Parker, Sigurddson, Lennon, Adebayor

I think AVBs substitutions on Sunday were a reflection of what we were playing against rather than an indication that is what we should do in every game. Wigan have to go for a win and that will suit us. I think he will start with Dembele and Parker but will definitely look to Hudd in the second half if the game opens up OR if we need to change things. I suspect Siggy will make way for Lennon and Adebayor for Defoe. Dempsey will retain his place I suspect.

Lloris

Walker
Dawson
Vertonghen
Ekotto

Dembele
Parker

Lennon
Bale
Dempsey

Defoe

------------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------------

Walker-------------------Dawson------------Vertonghen------------Ekotto

-----------------------------------Huddlestone-------------------------------

--------------------------Dembele--------------Holtby-----------------------

-----Bale----------------------------------------------------------Dempsey--

-------------------------------------Defoe-------------------------------------

Subs: Friedel, Naughton, Caulker, Parker, Sigurddson, Lennon, Adebayor

I would really like to see that line-up.

Back