• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Wigan Athletic Match History 2005-2013 & OMT

Given our first goal was a complete fluke, we deserved nothing today. Apart from the last ten minutes, this was a really gutless effort. Dempsey WTF, how often did he touch it today? Also had to put up with Trevor Francis, you could feel the cnut willing a Wigan win. He never has anything postive to say about our team. The ****.

44 times

Need to beat Southampton, Stoke and Sunderland and take a point at Chelsea - should hopefully get us top 4 and possibly 3rd

I don't see that at all. If Arsenal win against Man Utd thats more or less that. We'll then need to win a Chelsea, which is a long shot to say the least.

I'd say a point from Wigan, who play excellently at this stage of the season, is a very good result. We were going to drop points somewhere, and I always thought this could be it. Especially considering they were far better than us today, we should be happy with a point.

Weird game, extremely promising first half and an absolutely dire second. The thing is, we just need to stay in touch with Chelsea because if they beat us there, we're probably fudged anyway. So this can be looked upon as a good point at the ground of a team that at this stage of the season, play far better than their league position suggests.

fudge that. Having taken the lead in the most fortunate of circumstances, expecting us to hold it for more than one fudging minute is well within my rights. Having failed to do that, at least preventing a second would have done for me. Having failed even that, putting pressure on Wigan for the rest of the game would have been acceptable, as long as I knew we were being denied by exceptional defending or outrageous misfortune.

We did none of those things. We laboured, passed sideways, looked tired, uninspired and utterly toothless once the second goal went in. We were extremely fortunate today, which shouldn't distract us from what was an extremely sub-par performance.

Someone said in the thread that we shouldn't had an early goal, as we tend to switch off. Point proven today. Why do we have to wait 85 minutes to start playing like we want it? A little more effort and determination earlier on could have sealed it today. Anyway a point is a point, but I for one believe the train for 4th has left the station now. It could easily go down to GD on last match day, where we are well behind.

F*cked at the finish line last year, f*cked again this year I fear.

We haven't fudged it because we got a point at Wigan. It's a really good result, not losing was important here. For some reason, at this stage of the season they are far better than their league position suggests. Maybe it's psychology, maybe it's something to do with how Martinez prepares his players fitness so they get an extreme peak during the business end of the season. Whatever it is, they are not easy to play against whatsoever.

Also have to consider the flow of the game. Once they went ahead they could sit back, but until that point aside from set piece defending there wasn't too much wrong with our performance. Afterwards, we had no space at all to play.

I must say though, if we are playing 4-3-3 I'm really surprised we didn't use Sig through the middle in the way he played for Swansea. Parker was needless today.

The midfield didn't look comfortable. Not used to playing together and a lack of pass and move from them. Hudds first start for a long time. Some peaches - as he always does - but need him turning and pass forward 10 yards, running, recieving the ball again etc

We used to be famous for pass and move. Now Naughton and Holtby seem to be the only players who are in that mould.

I thought they shut you down at midnight ! Tablets not kicked in ?

Nothing worse than a depressive supporter , it actually contradicts itself .

And next time "mate" if you want to know who the fudge I am , just ask ,

Nah, couldn't give a monkeys who you are. Just stop quoting my posts and we can both leave well enough alone hey.

We always start slowly in the first half, which is way I think starting Huddlestone is a mistake. Sig or Holtby instead of Parker would have helped, but it was obvious we weren't having a very good day.

I thought they dealt with Hudd very well today. Closed down the angles and he had little to pas to. did not help, that our front and wide men were largely static for much of the game.

fudge that. Having taken the lead in the most fortunate of circumstances, expecting us to hold it for more than one fudging minute is well within my rights. Having failed to do that, at least preventing a second would have done for me. Having failed even that, putting pressure on Wigan for the rest of the game would have been acceptable, as long as I knew we were being denied by exceptional defending or outrageous misfortune.

We did none of those things. We laboured, passed sideways, looked tired, uninspired and utterly toothless once the second goal went in. We were extremely fortunate today, which shouldn't distract us from what was an extremely sub-par performance.

I don't doubt it was sub-par, I said myself it was dire. But until their second goal we didn't do too much wrong, we played well aside from set piece defending. But their second kills the flow of the game for us and our space to play in.

If only we could have kept out their equaliser and it could have been so much better for us. We couldn't do much about their second. But on balance, coming to Wigan was always going to be tough because of how weirdly good they are at this stage of the year. I couldn't see us winning here to be honest.

The midfield didn't look comfortable. Not used to playing together and a lack of pass and move from them. Hudds first start for a long time. Some peaches - as he always does - but need him turning and pass forward 10 yards, running, recieving the ball again etc

We used to be famous for pass and move. Now Naughton and Holtby seem to be the only players who are in that mould.

I do feel his passing ability is hyped up because he often hits the 30 yarders into space, but he's not that good with the quick, short ones. Midfield was our problem today.

We always start slowly in the first half, which is way I think starting Huddlestone is a mistake. Sig or Holtby instead of Parker would have helped, but it was obvious we weren't having a very good day.

The first half was some of the best I've seen us play this season in terms of consistent performance for large periods of the game. Huddlestone contributed to that. The system was working pretty well. Just annoyingly didn't keep out their equaliser.

But if everyone is doing their predictions I don't know how you can realistically say you expect to go to Wigan and win at this stage of the season. How many teams do that? Not Man United chasing the title last year, and not us. They were able to get in-front and then defend deep which helped them, but they are a good side.

I don't see that at all. If Arsenal win against Man Utd thats more or less that. We'll then need to win a Chelsea, which is a long shot to say the least.

Clearly if the other two win all their games then that is that.

I don't think though that its a foregone conclusion that Arse will win their final 3 and if we take 10 points from our last 4 then arse then 3 more wins to finish above us

Equally give Chelsea's runs of games and EL game on THurs, I don't think its a certainty that they'll beat Swansea tomorrow. They then have ManU and us and even their last 4 (away v Villa and home to Everton) are not formalities

Main thing is that we win our remaining 3 non-Chelsea games

Clearly if the other two win all their games then that is that.

I don't think though that its a foregone conclusion that Arse will win their final 3 and if we take 10 points from our last 4 then arse then 3 more wins to finish above us

Equally give Chelsea's runs of games and EL game on THurs, I don't think its a certainty that they'll beat Swansea tomorrow. They then have ManU and us and even their last 4 (away v Villa and home to Everton) are not formalities

Main thing is that we win our remaining 3 non-Chelsea games

Hmmm fair enough. We're defintely outsiders now but its not beyond the scope the of possibility.

I know he's annoying but Parker gets singled out however we also have other players that take to many unnecessary touches on the ball, looking for a killer pass when more obvious passes are required. The obvious pass needs to be played quicker more often.

Last edited:
I do feel his passing ability is hyped up because he often hits the 30 yarders into space, but he's not that good with the quick, short ones. Midfield was our problem today.

A team deciding to defend deep for the entire half was our problem, it's never going to be easy to break down. Hudd would help though. But I think we needed Bale through the middle or Sig on the pitch today. If they try and crowd out Bale, they give space to Siggy to spank one in and he is adept at passing and moving in a possession system.

Back