• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Wigan Athletic Match History 2005-2013 & OMT

Combination of not finishing our chances, their desperate defending doing enough to hold us, and our poor defending....means we'll feel down about this one.

But fudge we were close at the end.

A desperate Spurs performance. We didn't show strength after their goals. Failed to win the game first half.

And fudge. Overall we should be very happy with the draw, but why the hell didn't we play like the final minutes a little earlier???

Wigan started going for the winner. We always needed that and didn't have it enough in the game, particularly in the second half.

Do not ask for more luck than that. A stupid first goal, and then an immensely fortunate second.

Make no mistake about it: we were terrible for large parts of that game. Wigan showed more desire, energy, and all-round nous than we did.

We were just barely let off the hook here. Still an opportunity missed, with our schedule, and we now need 3 wins from our last four games to set a record points total and get to 71. We need two wins and two draws to equal our past record of 70, which should be the minimum target.

It could have been so much more comfortable had we won. But that's Spurs for you.

I'd say a point from Wigan, who play excellently at this stage of the season, is a very good result. We were going to drop points somewhere, and I always thought this could be it. Especially considering they were far better than us today, we should be happy with a point.

Weird game, extremely promising first half and an absolutely dire second. The thing is, we just need to stay in touch with Chelsea because if they beat us there, we're probably fudged anyway. So this can be looked upon as a good point at the ground of a team that at this stage of the season, play far better than their league position suggests.

And fudge. Overall we should be very happy with the draw, but why the hell didn't we play like the final minutes a little earlier???

Because Wigan were sitting deep for 40 minutes and we were playing with a striker that cant head the ball.
Wigan were chasing at the end and we countered at pace.

Without Adebayor we had only one gameplan today, balls in behind. Once wigan scored we had no alternative gameplan.

You'd think we'd get right at them keep a high tempo right from the start. Everyone knows Wigan crumble when pressure is on their defence.

How close were we to jubilation at the end? Undeserved all be it.

Got to credit Wigan. Was a bit of a self fulfilling prophesy from AVB, and we didn't play our game. Still the point helps.

Given our first goal was a complete fluke, we deserved nothing today. Apart from the last ten minutes, this was a really gutless effort. Dempsey WTF, how often did he touch it today? Also had to put up with Trevor Francis, you could feel the cnut willing a Wigan win. He never has anything postive to say about our team. The ****.

Someone said in the thread that we shouldn't had an early goal, as we tend to switch off. Point proven today. Why do we have to wait 85 minutes to start playing like we want it? A little more effort and determination earlier on could have sealed it today. Anyway a point is a point, but I for one believe the train for 4th has left the station now. It could easily go down to GD on last match day, where we are well behind.

F*cked at the finish line last year, f*cked again this year I fear.

Need to beat Southampton, Stoke and Sunderland and take a point at Chelsea - should hopefully get us top 4 and possibly 3rd

Assuming Dembele is going to be missing for a while we're going to have to hope Holtby can show a bit more than he has so far.

Was today just a case of our limitations being exposed, or us underperforming? Hard to say.

Either way spark and creativity was missing from the middle again, whilst we dont have a striker who can turn scraps into goals or be clinical when the chance presents itself.

Disappointing, whatever the case.

Fair enough i'll have one of whatevers on offer :lol:

No point getting too excited about the Chelsea game yet, or any game for that matter.

You'd have to be quite a positive person to think we'Re getting top four from here. I wouldn't even call pessimism, just realistic to be fair.

I thought they shut you down at midnight ! Tablets not kicked in ?

Nothing worse than a depressive supporter , it actually contradicts itself .

And next time "mate" if you want to know who the fudge I am , just ask ,

Back