• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa ***

We don’t get pressed. We don’t hold the ball up well
But that can be fixed quickly
You can’t fix the defensive side quickly when players have no confidence
We've been pressed and pressed to death in many games this season. You've got a short memory. The last game wasn't an intensive press but it has happened this season on multiple occasions.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We've been pressed and pressed to death in many games this season. You've got a short memory. The last game wasn't an intensive press but it has happened this season on multiple occasions.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
We barely get pressed imo as teams know we will lose it in their half and counter us easily and quickly

We don’t get pressed. We don’t hold the ball up well
But that can be fixed quickly
You can’t fix the defensive side quickly when players have no confidence

How can holding the ball up well be a quick fix? It isn't the strength of Son or Kane.

We barely get pressed imo as teams know we will lose it in their half and counter us easily and quickly

That's just not right. We get pressed to death in the first half so our defenders hoof it long. That is when Son and Kane lose possession.

That's just not right. We get pressed to death in the first half so our defenders hoof it long. That is when Son and Kane lose possession.
Didn’t get pressed by Brentford, they just smothered the midfield
We didn’t get pressed by Leeds either. Again they broke on the counter and tried to smother midfield
It’s how teams are setting up against us. Putting 3 in the middle vs our 2 and trying quick attacks

Didn’t get pressed by Brentford, they just smothered the midfield
We didn’t get pressed by Leeds either. Again they broke on the counter and tried to smother midfield
It’s how teams are setting up against us. Putting 3 in the middle vs our 2 and trying quick attacks

We get pressed in defence AND our midfield get smothered (often because they are outnumbered) . Consequently the only option is to go long, which is when we lose possession.in the first half against Brentford, the balls were often under hit and too short ( especially to Kulu) thus enabling their defenders to get in first.

In general they don't lose possession, the balls into them are poor. Kane doesn't have the pace to chase down and win balls that aren't close to him. When he gets the ball into his feet he's great at holding the play up, it's the poor balls that are the prob.

In general they don't lose possession, the balls into them are poor. Kane doesn't have the pace to chase down and win balls that aren't close to him. When he gets the ball into his feet he's great at holding the play up, it's the poor balls that are the prob.
That’s the key
It comes back from the attackers (people forget we have only just had kulu back who does retain possession) and it goes straight to the opposition and their extra bodies in midfield to counter us
The speed teams attack us is massive and really hurts us

But when balls are hoofed up, Kane doesn't get them at his feet. Son has been appalling at hold up play and even worse this season when he seems to lose every ball played up to him..

We don't commit players forward in the first half, or attack with enthusiasm, almost like we're happy to give the ball away.
In the second half we do commit players to attack and play intricate passing moves, and smother teams. Conte has said before he likes to win a game after 60 minutes. I just don't think we've got the defence to cope well with the first half strategy.

And how has that gone so far this season? Conceded first in 9 ( yes nine) cosective games!

We really need to sort out our first half performances as our top priority.

We definitely need to sort that out. Though I'm not convinced we need to play a midfield three to sort out out.

Most of this run of poor first halves we've been without Kulusevski, Romero or both. We've played Emerson instead of Doherty.

My first choice attempt at fixing this would be getting those three back into the team along with Bentancur. As we saw last season that setup can definitely work.

Part of why it hasn't worked imo has been too many players with too many limitations on the ball on the pitch at the same time.

A midfield three is also an option, but imo that causes other problems.

We definitely need to sort that out. Though I'm not convinced we need to play a midfield three to sort out out.

Most of this run of poor first halves we've been without Kulusevski, Romero or both. We've played Emerson instead of Doherty.

My first choice attempt at fixing this would be getting those three back into the team along with Bentancur. As we saw last season that setup can definitely work.

Part of why it hasn't worked imo has been too many players with too many limitations on the ball on the pitch at the same time.

A midfield three is also an option, but imo that causes other problems.

I agree a midfield three isn't necessarily the answer, but with Son so ineffective especially in the first half, an extra body in there should give us more control, an extra man and more defensive solidity.

Kane only 1 yellow away from a ban
Surely you get him to take a yellow on Sunday then miss Palace rather than getting booked in Palace game and missing Arsenal

Very good to have Romero back.

Hope Bentancur will be fine again soon, perhaps not great news if he needs a scan. Bissouma was back to being average at best after the break, would like to see Skipp get the chance personally.

Romero in for Tanganga, otherwise unchanged 11?
Jesus
And people think the World Cup has affected all teams the same way

Very good to have Romero back.

Hope Bentancur will be fine again soon, perhaps not great news if he needs a scan. Bissouma was back to being average at best after the break, would like to see Skipp get the chance personally.

Romero in for Tanganga, otherwise unchanged 11?
I'd of expected him to already of had a scan?.
Perhaps rehab has been a little slow/rocky...so are going back for another?

Kane only 1 yellow away from a ban
Surely you get him to take a yellow on Sunday then miss Palace rather than getting booked in Palace game and missing Arsenal
Get one a Palace....miss Pompey?

Edit: my bad ..no carry over to fa cup or league cup...
And scrubbed after 19th game

Back