• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal OMT

4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1/4-5-1 or that variant for me tomorrow with the usual XI

---------------------Freidel----------------------
Walker--------King------------Kaboul-------Ekotto
--------------Parker---------Modric---------------
------Lennon---------VdV---------------Bale-----
---------------------Adebayor--------------------

I think we haven't lost a game this season with that XI.

I concur. It is our best 11. I also think that it works better starting like this and bringing on a striker with fifteen or twenty minutes to go than the other way around.

Great isnt it? Really hope the lads don't have any lapses in concentration or don't show up. They need to be pumped for this. Even watching last years game they had Fabregas and Nasri both playing. You think that they had RVP, Nasri and Fabregas all in the side and now have just RVP. It's no surprise to have seen them fall.

It's going to come down to mentality tomorrow. Their best team is nowhere near where our best team is in terms of ability. We have to press them high up the pitch and use our speed to destroy them. Fortunately it's not difficult to quiet down their 'fans', and if we get on top of them early we could rub their faces in it big time.

COYS!!!

Indeed...it's going to be (in this order) keeping the ball, and then what we do when we lose possession. THAT'S when we need to press from the front. Ade will be a nightmare for them in this respect, and if Rafa can give us 45 mins of prime Rafa skill AND spirit, we'll force them to cede possession in their half and should be able to punish them...for some reason, i really, really fancy Luka to crack one in!

I concur. It is our best 11. I also think that it works better starting like this and bringing on a striker with fifteen or twenty minutes to go than the other way around.

Absolutely, I said the same...thing is, on 70 mins you have to hope we've had so much possession, and been running them so ragged, that we can take advantage...

Ref needs to be strong too; I foresee a lot of niggly little 'momentum' breaking challenges; shirts tugged, etc, etc...

Absolutely, I said the same...thing is, on 70 mins you have to hope we've had so much possession, and been running them so ragged, that we can take advantage...

Ref needs to be strong too; I foresee a lot of niggly little 'momentum' breaking challenges; shirts tugged, etc, etc...

I think that it is going to be a tough, tight game. This is their cup final now and they will be really up for it. How the tide has turned.

I think that it is going to be a tough, tight game. This is their cup final now and they will be really up for it. How the tide has turned.

Precisely. That's why I think matching them in the middle of the park means, from a numbers perspective they won't have a spare man in an area where they like to play, and hopefully for once we can try and ensure our players can prove their quality over theirs.

But tough game, could be settled by moments of brilliance, which is why their talisman RVP is so dangerous for them.

I'm not nervous now, but I will be in the morning. It'll be interesting to see whether Redknapp goes for it from the start with Adebayor & Saha, or whether he opts for the cagier 4-5-1. We're better than them on paper at the moment, but we all know these games can finish up anything. On form, they should have killed us in the '91 semi, but Gazza was fired up, we seized the upper hand and blew them away. An early goal to settle us down will do quite nicely. One thing I would say is that, if we do score first, I'd expect us to go on and win; on the other hand, if we go behind, I don't think I'd back them to hold out. This is most odd.

I would rather go for 442 with two strikers in the first hour than the other way round. Surely its better to go all out get the first goal or two (they wont keep a clean sheet against our attack) then defend it out than risk going a goal down and having to get that goal back. i think their team now is suited more to the counter game which wouldnt play into our hands when we are 1-0 down chasing the game.

I would rather go for 442 with two strikers in the first hour than the other way round. Surely its better to go all out get the first goal or two (they wont keep a clean sheet against our attack) then defend it out than risk going a goal down and having to get that goal back. i think their team now is suited more to the counter game which wouldnt play into our hands when we are 1-0 down chasing the game.
But its momentum too. If we do go a goal down, if we equalise late on you may fancy us to go on and really have a go and be more likely to get a winner.

I think if we go 4-4-2 we chance it. It will be open and a lottery. 4-2-3-1 keeps it tight and we have enough quality to get the upper hand for once.

My biggest fear is our players settling for a draw at some point in the second half. I know they'll be tempted to think a draw away at Arsenal is a decent result.

The reason we usually need 2 strikers is the way opposition team's set up against us now. We need 2 strikers to break down defensive teams.
But tomorrow should be a really open game.

But regardless we should beat them any formation tomorrow, bar that 3412 mess we played in the Cup.

I doubt that we're going to dominate possession.

Arsenal may not be the team that they were a few years ago but they still keep the ball pretty well against most opposition. They had the lion's share of possession in the game at the Lane, if I recall correctly.

Far more of a problem for them these days is actually doing something of substance with that possession. Back when Henry et al were in their pomp, Arsenal created chances for fun. Not so much now.

So I suspect that the pattern of the game might be more a case of Arsenal having more of the ball but Spurs, breaking at pace, posing the greater threat.

Last edited:
im bricking my pants about this!!! five hours to go and ive already got this years jumper on with modric on the back.. im confident little luka will score!

i hope we fudging stuff the ****s ..

COYS!

Back