• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal OMT

out of your bolded reasons for 442 - which of those do you not get with a 451 ?

wingers - check
two strong players in the middle highly capable of distributing the ball/keeping the ball - check

anyway, i don't care how we line up - we'll do em regardless

I think our football is more considered with 451. Can get a bit stop-start in the final third. I dont think they deserve that respect to be honest.

Of course Im not saying we shouldnt think about what we are doing, but the strength of our forwards would be too much for them I think.

He does when 100% fit and on form, but I think we have three strikers, looking sharp, and it will add a direct element to our game. We can outpace them on the wings, and any one of Saha or Defoe partnering Ade will give their CBs no chance.

I think this is game we should take to them, instead of going for the measured patient approach.

VDV would be an option for late on, imo.

this is what i mean Totman with regards to 'negative'

my wording may have been a little OTT btw but i see no reason why lining up in a 442 means we are taking it to them - it's all about attitude and how you start the match. in the past games where we have lined up 442 against Arsenal they have ended up with the slightly better possession stats and we have relied on hitting them on the break - a 451 IMO gives us a solid base in which to dominate them totall

lining up 442 on sunday will result in a more open game, whereas a 451 will see the better side dominate - which should be us tbf

Last edited:
I see your point, I just want destruction....8-0 stuff :evil:

But one things for sure, 442, or 451, Im happy with the players we have for BOTH systems, and I trust the manager. So heres hoping for a(nother) NLD win.

first name on the teamsheet for a NLD for me - he is built for matches like these

4 in goals in 3 North London derbies. Anyone else in our squad boast those kind of stats? If he doesn't start, then I'd go with Saha, Defoe has never scored away to Arsenal. Defoe or Saha can always be brought on if needed, surely you want players coming off the bench who have pace so they can cause trouble to tired defenders.

4-5-1 is not a negative line up. you have to dominate possession in these sort of games. when sandro came on after an hour at the lane we were much better.

the filth dominated possession when we only had 2 in the middle of the park.

we'd be in a big trouble if we play 2 up top tomorrow

4-5-1 is not a negative line up. you have to dominate possession in these sort of games. when sandro came on after an hour at the lane we were much better.

the filth dominated possession when we only had 2 in the middle of the park.

we'd be in a big trouble if we play 2 up top tomorrow

Again, 2-1, 2-1, 3-2, 3-3. All results with a 442.
No matter what you may think of conceding possesion, these results cant be ignored, and 442 dismissed as some kind of madness. Its yielded 10pts from 12 against them.

3 of those at home though where you can get away with it a bit more.

let's be honest we got away with it at their place last year. first half was a horrow show. a lot of us winning was down to their mental weakness when we got back in the game.

obviously they have much weaker players in midfield this year but i'd still want plenty of bodies matching them up in there. there's a big of danger of defoe or saha being a passenger if you pick either of them.

Harry will pick the right team, and that team includes VDV.

He has to start IMHO. Aside from his record against them, their midfield and defense could be turned to sixes and sevens by his ability to work the space behind Ade...what is critical is that he does not drop too deep due to lack of match fitness, however I'd expect Harry to see that if it's happening and sub him...of course, he 'could' go the other way and decide to deploy him from the bench...options, options...

I expect a cagey first-half to be fair, with the unfolding coming second-half...

let's be honest we got away with it at their place last year. first half was a horrow show. a lot of us winning was down to their mental weakness when we got back in the game.

Fisrt half was 451, second half was 442, and thats when we got back in the game

451 is brick and its not actually gonna threaten them as much as 442. Yeah 442 may well make it a much more open game but thats where we are best. We are not the best at being patient and just playing little intricate games, we are at our best when we play more open.

If we play 451 it will be a man bricky type game especially first half type performance.

Sorry but this is my thread and 442 it is.

I'd be happy with a Emirates Marketing Project type game, considering we were an inch away from winning against a much stronger side than Arsenal.

I'd be happy with a Emirates Marketing Project type game, considering we were an inch away from winning against a much stronger side than Arsenal.

Really? you would be happy? Man bricky are a hell of alot better than Arse. Im not as dismissive of Arse as alot of people are but I am aware of their weaknesses and aware that they are inferior to Man bricky. Their weakness is their defence and we should do all we can to exploit that and that means attack. Yeah Arse will score but we will score more because we are more potent attacking wise and more solid defensively.

I have some of the normal NLD jitters... hope we smash em... funny thing is other neutrals are preatty sure we'll win......

CoySpurs.............................................................................................................................................................................

Back