• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal OMT

It's going to come down to mentality tomorrow. Their best team is nowhere near where our best team is in terms of ability. We have to press them high up the pitch and use our speed to destroy them. Fortunately it's not difficult to quiet down their 'fans', and if we get on top of them early we could rub their faces in it big time.

COYS!!!

If we win our next three games....not an easy task... surely put us well and truly in the Hat for the Title........

is that possible? or just a dream...

I'm quitely optmistic about this game... I still have worries... When we played Chel$ki, even in the first minutes, i was getting so worked up and worried... This will be surely worse... Lets hope we can get in their faces early and get what we deserve! COYS

Getting excited/jittery now!

The 4-4-2 vs 4-5-1 debate is very interesting. I'd have been a firm 4-5-1 er, especially based on our game in October, when I feel if we didn't bring on Sandro, we would eventually have lost the game such was the domination that Modric-Parker were experiencing from Arteta-Ramsey-Coquelin.

However, their defence is quite vulnerable at the moment and I think their aim would be to fly out at us and get their fans onside early. If we hit them early Saudi Sportswashing Machine-style we could really see a meltdown - provided we don't let them have a sniff of our penalty area.
To hit them on ghe counter and put their shaky defence under pressure from the start, actually requires 4-4-2. Ade is often isolated without a fully-fit VDV AND Lennon. I think we should leave VDV on the bench because he'll no doubt not be 100%. We can bring him on in the second half to turn the screw if need be, get us back in the game with his enthusiasm, or just simply take the tinkle if we're winning.

I'd go with:

Friedel
Walker Kaboul King (if fit)/Dawson BAE

Lennon Modric Parker Bale

Saha Adebayor

We REALLY need one of Saha or Adebayor putting pressure on their centre back/Arteta and stop them building up possession play by playing those little triangles that make theor 3-man midfield hard to close down when we're playing a 2-man midfield.

3 point please Spurs! [-o<

COYS!

Most are. I remember his debut against Liverpool, was the most predictable sending off that I've seen in a long time.

He is a homeless mans Tiote. Soccer AM seem to love him, he'e been on there already this season and he's on again next week. How good would it be if we smash them and he has to deal with "so how does it feel to be 13 points behind Spurs?' questions? His only claim to fame is hitting VDV in the face with a clearance.

Getting excited/jittery now!

The 4-4-2 vs 4-5-1 debate is very interesting. I'd have been a firm 4-5-1 er, especially based on our game in October, when I feel if we didn't bring on Sandro, we would eventually have lost the game such was the domination that Modric-Parker were experiencing from Arteta-Ramsey-Coquelin.

However, their defence is quite vulnerable at the moment and I think their aim would be to fly out at us and get their fans onside early. If we hit them early Saudi Sportswashing Machine-style we could really see a meltdown - provided we don't let them have a sniff of our penalty area.
To hit them on ghe counter and put their shaky defence under pressure from the start, actually requires 4-4-2. Ade is often isolated without a fully-fit VDV AND Lennon. I think we should leave VDV on the bench because he'll no doubt not be 100%. We can bring him on in the second half to turn the screw if need be, get us back in the game with his enthusiasm, or just simply take the tinkle if we're winning.

I'd go with:

Friedel
Walker Kaboul King (if fit)/Dawson BAE

Lennon Modric Parker Bale

Saha Adebayor

We REALLY need one of Saha or Adebayor putting pressure on their centre back/Arteta and stop them building up possession play by playing those little triangles that make theor 3-man midfield hard to close down when we're playing a 2-man midfield.

3 point please Spurs! [-o<

COYS!

It's a tough one. We won the game in the end partly because of a wonder strike from Walker and Sandro's great run that he made in the buildup to the goal. There's no doubt about it, we looked far more comfortable in the last 20 minutes of the game with the extra man in midfield. I have a feeling Redknapp might go with Livermore and Parker, and 3 in attack supporting Adebayor. Bale will probably roam around and get forward to support Adebayor up front, plus VDV will do the same if he plays. I can see the merit in playing 4-2-3-1.

I like Livermore but i will be amazed if he starts away to the scum.

We need our strongest side out and Livermore isn't in that is he? He may have got a game had Lennon & VDV been injured

why would you say that? what from that 11 shows significant superiority to any other team we can put out....and by this i dont mean the odd game....i mean consistently.

why for you is that 11 the one thats is consistently a better performer than all the rest?

Best=most talented surely? Talent wise VDV>Defoe...surely? Simples...

4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1/4-5-1 or that variant for me tomorrow with the usual XI

---------------------Freidel----------------------
Walker--------King------------Kaboul-------Ekotto
--------------Parker---------Modric---------------
------Lennon---------VdV---------------Bale-----
---------------------Adebayor--------------------

I think we haven't lost a game this season with that XI.

Back