• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I got the impression you were ruling out anything other than a sporting brand. That’s why I posted what I did.

No not at all. I just think it has to be a world class, world appeal B2C brand that links both the UK and US markets. The investment when you look at our time in US and the stadium being built as it has is too much for the naming not to mean more than initial ££

I was just thinking how "STADIUM TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR" reminded me of "STADIUM MK" and then you mentioned "WHL MKII" !

4b81700a-52a8-4bfd-9ab6-20177978759b
II

Trying to think of sponsors old and new...
BT Cellnet
Friends Provident
BetFred
Football365
SportsDirect

Walkers
Etihad
Emirates
Erm...
I still think of Bolton as the Reebok
Wigan JJB

Two proper British brands!

NO and it is regarded widely that Arsenal got their pants pulled down because in a market that moves so much they could have earned more money if they had signed a 5 year deal originally with Emirates as the sponsorship value went up at that time, yet they were tied in for 10 years. Ultimately Arsenal devalued their product for a long term deal....at the time
I guess Arsenal were a little unlucky / lacked foresight and wanted to lock in the revenue for a longer period. Bit like fixing a mortgage rate to be prudent in 2007...9066A0BD-89B8-49C1-9FEA-9D6D7AC2506C.jpeg

No 3 was referenced famously in Ghostbusters. This is the Pillsbury Doughboy
s-l300.jpg

For no. 2, you really never heard of a Hershey bar?

I remember that creature, but had no idea it was referencing a real product. And no, never heard of a Hershey bar either...

I remember that creature, but had no idea it was referencing a real product. And no, never heard of a Hershey bar either...
It's an American chocolate bar and they probably make other gunk too. It must have passed the EU food quality tests (see the politics thread) or I guess we wouldn't see them in the shops over here.

I don't know about the finances behind it but in my view we had the perfect partner in UA, they made great kits and generally make pretty high quality stuff. Big in the US and expanding globally, also don't sponsor loads of other teams like Nike so theoretically we'd get more attention. Their choice of other sports people they sponsor seems to be quite well targeted as well (Joshua, Spieth, Murray, Curry).

I was just thinking how "STADIUM TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR" reminded me of "STADIUM MK" and then you mentioned "WHL MKII" !

4b81700a-52a8-4bfd-9ab6-20177978759b
II

Trying to think of sponsors old and new...
BT Cellnet
Friends Provident
BetFred
Football365
SportsDirect

Walkers
Etihad
Emirates
Erm...

Always thought Chesterfield has the biggest mouthful - ‘The B2Net Stadium’ :eek: But now called ‘the Proact Stadium’!! Wtf! :D

Back