• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Galvin at Tottenham
Chris Galvin, Spurs fan and Michelin-star chef, will be bringing his world-renowned fine dining cuisine to the new stadium. Not only is he one of a host of celebrated chefs helping design the menus and prepare the food within the flagship On Four experience, the Galvin at Tottenham restaurants will echo his well-known London venues La Chapelle and Windows.
Galvin, Chrissy Galvin, Chrissy Galvin on the chicken wing...

Would be better if it said Audere est Facere, rather than the dumbed down version

You must have missed the official words about this part of the stadium decor. It will say that, in the same font and size concrete lettering.
Most recently,
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...ling-unveiled-on-new-stadium-exterior-300518/
"As previously reported, the North West corner will feature our club motto 'TO DARE IS TO DO' with the original Latin form 'AUDERE EST FACERE' appearing on the North East corner. The letters for these will be cast in concrete with a dark blue tiled background."

Couple of pics from just now. Looking quite glorious! :D

kVC7wul.jpg

51Q8TR8.jpg

Another video too.

Last edited:
What was that about the stands being moved even closer to the pitch? I read someone say that somewhere (very possibly on here) - flimflam surely? How could they achieve that at this late stage?

Edit - from @JerusalemMan (from a couple of pages back), quoting some ITK/job interviewee guy.

"Actually officially reducing closest fan distance to pitch going from approx 7m to 5m."

How can that be?

Edit 2 - it's being discussed here:
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=549397&page=3246

If it's actually just 5 meters, then we're talking White Hart Lane-closeness to pitch, which would be just insanely fantastic! I'd be over the fudging mooooooon with that! :D

A good time to repost this brilliant mathematically genius image I made a long time ago. :p

7UIvf4Y.jpg

Last edited:
What was that about the stands being moved even closer to the pitch? I read someone say that somewhere (very possibly on here) - flimflam surely? How could they achieve that at this late stage?

Edit - from @JerusalemMan (from a couple of pages back), quoting some ITK/job interviewee guy.

"Actually officially reducing closest fan distance to pitch going from approx 7m to 5m."

How can that be?

Edit 2 - it's being discussed here:
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=549397&page=3246

If it's actually just 5 meters, then we're talking White Hart Lane-closeness to pitch, which would be just insanely fantastic! I'd be over the fudging mooooooon with that! :D

A good time to repost this brilliant mathematically genius image I made a long time ago. :p

7UIvf4Y.jpg

He did say closest, so I'm guessing just one of the stands. It could be as simple as moving the playing area closer to one stand or it could be a design tweak that happened a while back, but we haven't heard about yet.

They've filled in the gap on top of the West stand today. Facade to come next hopefully. Roof cassettes are almost done in the southern half. Starting to get a feel of what the finished article will look like.

Wasn’t the South Stand always supposed to be under 5m away from the pitch (4.9?) And the other stands 7.x m?
I don’t see how they could change the proximity of the other stands, especially the north - except by enlarging the pitch, which would put everything out of kilter, assuming the tunnel is intended to be level with the halfway line. Or am I missing something?

He did say closest, so I'm guessing just one of the stands. It could be as simple as moving the playing area closer to one stand or it could be a design tweak that happened a while back, but we haven't heard about yet.

They've filled in the gap on top of the West stand today. Facade to come next hopefully. Roof cassettes are almost done in the southern half. Starting to get a feel of what the finished article will look like.

Yeah, probably just one of the stands. Would be fantastic if it was all four though (or the two behind the goals anyway).

@Glenda's Legs - it was 8 at first, then reduced to ... wasn't it 6 or 7 at some point? This is the first time I've read 5 (but I might've missed it earlier).

Yeah, probably just one of the stands. Would be fantastic if it was all four though (or the two behind the goals anyway).

@Glenda's Legs - it was 8 at first, then reduced to ... wasn't it 6 or 7 at some point? This is the first time I've read 5 (but I might've missed it earlier).

I’ve just checked in the brochure that came as part of the ST renewal pack. Front row of South Stand is cited as 4.9m from the pitch. The other three stands are 7.9m from the pitch.

I’ve just checked in the brochure that came as part of the ST renewal pack. Front row of South Stand is cited as 4.9m from the pitch. The other three stands are 7.9m from the pitch.

Nice, thanks. Maybe it's been that for a long time, then, and all the hoolabaloo about the distance being reduced is because people think it's for all four stands. :p

Yeah, it's always been ~5m for South Stand and ~8m for North/East/West stands... but some people think 7.97 is 7.9 is 7 is 6 is 5... I too doubt it has changed to 5 from 8, unless they are no longer going to close the 3 parts of the pitch together :)

Back